Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it wasn't quite today..last Thursday I performed a little customization to the right front corner of my 89 L thanks to a deer on my way home from work. He exploded my right corner marker light and put a few more dents in my dented fender but was nice enough to die on the spot. The car is still as drivable as it ever was and the deer is hanging in the barn. Darn terrorist deer, anyway.
    John

Comment

• Well the last couple days I've been busy buying things for my Festy. Picked up some LX seats and aluminum wheels on Friday and bought a Grant Steering wheel today.

One of the wheels is pretty badly curbed. Another has a couple scratches and only have two center caps.

Grant Challenger
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Finished the crank seal replacement on Aqua.
        Got the muffler welded back on and the resonator welded up. So much quieter now.
        I was going to wash and wax but it decided to storm today. Always does on my day off.....
        I did manage to degrease the engine and some of the hood. I need something stronger than car soap to cut the grease.
        ~Austin
        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Purple Power!
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• Will that harm the paint?
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Opened the Protege that's been sitting out all winter, to find about four inches of fetid water in the rear passenger footwell and a layer of mold on anything that will grow it... Needless to say I just closed it right back up and am hoping I won't need anything more out of the interior for the BP swap and it will go peacefully to the scrapper over the summer.
              Owner of:
              1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
              In progress:
              BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• I really don't know...figured you were using it in the Engine bay so it really doesn't matter that much. Here's a forum thread I found on an RX7 site.

2nd Generation Specific (1986-1992) - purple power on paint = bad??? - I was out cleaning my top with some full strength purple power and i accidentally spilled a minute amount on my hood so i quickly wiped it off and damn if it didnt leave a nice shiny spot.
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I used purple power if you scrub to hard it will remove paint.
                  ;
                  www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                  rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                  '92 Festiva L M/T
                  '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• From what I was told about Purple Power when I was going to use it on my AMC Eagle engine that had a leaking Valve Cover...was to just spray it on generously in the engine bay. Let it soak for a bit and wash it away. Maybe doing this a couple times if I had to. Seems like if you don't scrub and you wash it off pretty quick it shouldn't harm the paint...I'm not certain about this though.
                    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                    Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
                      Opened the Protege that's been sitting out all winter, to find about four inches of fetid water in the rear passenger footwell and a layer of mold on anything that will grow it...
                      Any time I lift the carpet and see rust, I pretty well know that either the body or the seals have been compromised. Before I put it away to stand, I would drill the smallest of holes at the lowest point in the footwell. You will be surprised how well water will find it's way back out again.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 01-29-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Yea, we'll drill a hole in it, or 3. The car was in a wreck and is totaled so it won't go for resale, once I get the swap done it goes to the wrecker.
                        Owner of:
                        1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                        In progress:
                        BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• i actually finished up my rear washer so it wont just spray on the ground.... lol
                          1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• Originally posted by ckiesman View Post
                            i actually finished up my rear washer so it wont just spray on the ground.... lol
                            Haha, I bet that was odd! If you really wanted to you could make it spray backwards and spray people that are riding your tail!

Currently I'm having issues with my rear washer container leaking...I fulled it up last weekend and when I came back out later there was a spot on the ground by my rear bumper and I noticed it leaking. Errr.
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• .... no good. but should be an easy fix i hope. The little brass nozzle somehow managed to point the wrong way. A finish nail and 2 seconds later i was done. Now for it to warm up so I can fill that hole I drilled in the wrong place....
                              1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

fixed my dented up fender and replaced my broken corner light. crow bar is my friend.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
                                Last edited by B3Festiva; 01-31-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X