Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad to see a Festiva without a good thermostat housing.
    I would be willing to part with my extra one for $20 shipped and even include a gasket.
    PM me if you are interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
      It would have just spit it all back out onto the highway faster then I could move it.
      Sbc did that. Poked a piece of wood in it, swelled, partially stopped,, combined with radiator cap loose, but not off, so wouldn't gain pressure and a gallon every 20 miles, I made it.

Guess I was lucky.

Sometimes we draw the sheet end of the stick. Sorry dude.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
        Sad to see a Festiva without a good thermostat housing.
        I would be willing to part with my extra one for $20 shipped and even include a gasket.
        PM me if you are interested.
        Housing is fine, I just only have 1 of two bolts, one snapped off in the head.

Couldn't get the other stud out. So I cut it off flush with the head. I just need to drill and tap a new hole. But I originally had jb weld on there for 6-7 months until it started to leak a bit. Redid it, and failed in a week. Left me with a $73 tow bill Since it was a Sunday and I couldn't rent a uhaul since they are friggin' closed on Sunday for no good reason, and no one I know owns a car dolly or trailer. So I was SOL.
        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 08-04-2013, 08:12 PM.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Too bad... AAA would have saved you. I've had it for 28 years and it has been well worth it.

Hope you get it drilled out safely and will be able to get a new bolt in without problems.
          I finally gave up on getting one of my valve cover bolts drilled out.

Can you build up the stud with steel weld and then weld a nut on it?
          Last edited by 1990new; 08-04-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Cleaned the seats with my little green with the wife's help and cleaned and washed the windows. Trouble shot the horn and need a new horn. Relay and buttons work but horn don't.

Comment

• Finished my headliner redo. I did the manual belt swap on my 91 and recovered my headliner so it now covers all the gaps left over from the auto belt covers. It looks great and is very easy to do though it doesn't look as good as the one I did in my old silver car. I wasn't/ain't as picky with this car. 2 yds of headliner and 1 can of 3M 90 spray glue. I used a higher quality liner but hate it. It doesn't stretch as well as the normal stuff so it wrinkles a little more. I didn't have the greatest hard headliner to begin with but at least the gaps are gone.
              Last edited by Gomez; 08-04-2013, 10:05 PM.
              -Bryant

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                Too bad... AAA would have saved you. I've had it for 28 years and it has been well worth it.

Hope you get it drilled out safely and will be able to get a new bolt in without problems.
                I finally gave up on getting one of my valve cover bolts drilled out.

Can you build up the stud with steel weld and then weld a nut on it?
                Yeah, I am not going to be able to tap it, too much is in the way to do that with a simple tap and die kit. Just going to try the JBweld fix again, if that doesn't work, I may be looking at having to pull the head.

That or start on locating a B6 to drop in, but those are going to be a pain in the ass to find.
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Last edited by bravekozak; 08-05-2013, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• Started workin' on the Aspire suspension. Cleaning, removeing parts I don't need; rear shocks, cut ends of breaklines, etc.
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Well, this wasn't today, and it isn't mine.

A while back, I spotted this Festiva and put a card on it. A couple weeks ago, the girl who owns it called me. She had been out of the country since last March, and the car wouldn't start. Went a few miles to her, stuck a battery in, and had to prime it with gas to get it running. Needs a tune up badly, made plans to do it for her a few days later, but she never got back to me. Strongly hinted that $700 would buy the old girl, that she called Matilda. Pretty straight and rust free car! Even comes equipped with Mandatory Wasp Nest in Fuel Door Area.

Just thought you guys might like a look see

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                        Well, this wasn't today, and it isn't mine.

A while back, I spotted this Festiva and put a card on it. A couple weeks ago, the girl who owns it called me. She had been out of the country since last March, and the car wouldn't start. Went a few miles to her, stuck a battery in, and had to prime it with gas to get it running. Needs a tune up badly, made plans to do it for her a few days later, but she never got back to me. Strongly hinted that $700 would buy the old girl, that she called Matilda. Pretty straight and rust free car! Even comes equipped with Mandatory Wasp Nest in Fuel Door Area.

Just thought you guys might like a look see

http://s78.photobucket.com/user/scit...in%20saxapahaw
                        That's a nasty little thing, but might solve my transportation problems. Do you really think it'll tune up and run good?
                        Jack Byrd,
                        1991 Capri
                        1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                        1970 Chev C10
                        1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Nothing a little powerwash and some soap won't cure. Other than the washing and vacuuming it badly needs it looks like a pretty nice car.
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Well, didn't do this TOO my 'Tiva , but too me while working on the Aspire swap. Could not get one of the rear shock attachment bolts to break loose. Soaked it in PB blaster for 3 days. Took a 4ft breaker bar & put it over the rachet, & gave it a mighty pull. The RAT CHET bloke & the bar hit me a mighty blow to the bald forehead. I almost went to my knees, & was instantly covered in blood. I went Waawaawaa, & stumbled around. Woke my son & he ckecked me out, just a medium sized cut & a world class headach. All bandaged & hatein' rear shocks. Will try to post pic of my damaged melon later. Son took pic with his phone, & laughed at me.
                            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Ouch! Those rear shocks suck! I broke my rear bolt on the drivers side!
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                                That's a nasty little thing, but might solve my transportation problems. Do you really think it'll tune up and run good?
                                It might, actually. I would want to slap a compression gauge on it before making recommendations. I had to prime it to get it running, could have been a number of reasons for that. If you want me to check it it more, i can. Your getting rid of the wasps though

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
                                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                                X