Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put in a civic short throw shifter, fricken lovin it
    Josh Z.

Comment

• Finally found someone willing to help me with my valve stem seal replacement. Can't wait to get that done.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by b1gballin View Post
        KYB all around, civic ebay coilover sleeves, 150 front/125 rear southwest speed springs
        So in other words those wheels will fit on a stock suspension? You don't have different knuckles or hubs or whatnot?
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
          So in other words those wheels will fit on a stock suspension? You don't have different knuckles or hubs or whatnot?
          Sorry about that. I do have full aspire brake swap and festiva suspension. I put the back wheels on today, and this is how much room is left.
          Last edited by b1gballin; 05-08-2013, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Well at least I have a goal of some sort. Thanks for the info!
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• BEST DAY EVER!!! I got the accursed axle out of the Protege trans. with the magic axle tool, OTC #7140 it cost $38.95 on the Summit website, I tapped it in (note it will feel like it is too small to go around the diff pin, just tap it some more and it stretches around it) Then I smacked it with the back end of a splitting maul (8lb head I think) and it popped on out, also note that the slot in the tool is a little short to punch the axle out, but it is long enough to defeat the clip. just pull out once it has reached the limit for the tool.
              Owner of:
              1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
              In progress:
              BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• nothing today, but a few days ago i put my new hood cable on that 1990new sent me.
                1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• Got a decent amount of stuff hooked up, including the throttle cable.

Also put on new plugs, wires, rotor, and cap. And dist o-ring.

Getting stupid close. Yet so far...
                  Buck.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing this car !
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• it does look good!
                      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Ordered a valve cover gasket from ebay, and valve stem seals from rock auto.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Bought a B6 with 130K, an early two spoke RX7 steering wheel and $500 worth of parts from RockAuto for the B6 swap. Leaving Sunday to go to Fort Lauderdale for my second Festiva. Another '88 LX 5 speed with 139K. Gonna be a busy week.
                          Jack Byrd,
                          1991 Capri
                          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                          1970 Chev C10
                          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• played with my snails
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                              played with my snails
                              I gotta get me one of them thar snails

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Just ordered MK2 coilovers, sleeve adjusters, 185/55 R14 federal tires, and wheel bearings. Now im out another 800ish... :nightmare:
                                91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                                Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                                Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Working...
                                X