Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No photo from far off to see how they look as a whole!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
      No photo from far off to see how they look as a whole!
      yeah, I would like to see a distance shot of them as well.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Any lighting upgrade on a Festiva is a good idea (except 9004 HIDs...). Give those fogs a clearcoat if you can. From my experience, they get nasty fast.
        Last edited by crazyrog17; 02-21-2013, 05:41 PM.
        -Zack
        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Tried to move it and the dang thing didn't start. Too much moisture under the hood I think. Might get out the corded light with 100w bulb tomorrow.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• I forgot about a distance picture. I'll try to remember tomorrow.
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Cursed it... I'm sitting in the middle of the road waiting for my friend to come tow me since it decided to die on my way home. Looks like I'm going to be riding the bike tomorrow.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
              Last edited by shorestiva; 02-22-2013, 02:25 AM.
              Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• I dumped a 44 oz Mountain Dew all over (Thank you lack of cup holders) and slammed the front tow hook into a curb during today's delightful commute... GRRR.

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• Mountain Dew. I love you. I haven't done that in my Festiva yet, since I put in new black carpeting. I will wait with the drinks until I can figure out how to install my Mini Cooper drink holder.

Comment

• Took the carb. off at school to see why it would loose power when starting to move. It's all back together now and it runs like nothing ever happened. Stupid carb. I love FI a whole lot better than carbs.

Comment

• There is a big difference between feedback and non-feedback carbs.
                      I prefer non-feedback carbs over FI. Besides the fact that they look cool in pairs. No computer control.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 02-22-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Cussed it and threatened to send it to the crusher.. still didn't start. Dang cars...
                        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Topped off the tank, and figured 33MPG on half a tank.

So from what I have learned, changing to a Denso o2 Sensor, and a two stage thermostat actually made zero difference in gas mileage.

Before I changed both of those, my highest was 36MPG, with a Bosch o2, and a single stage thermostat.

C'mon car, I put a 40MPG sticker on the rear window, are you going to make a liar out of me!?
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Two days ago I installed my K&N Air filter that showed up and replaced the alternator belt. Yesterday I installed an Alpine CDE-136BT stereo. I'm ordering 2 pairs of 4" Infinity Reference speakers tomorrow and preparing the Festiva for a new tank tomorrow! Also received a fuel filter and pump strainer today to make sure she's getting nice clean fuel.
                            93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Standard, great stereo choice! I recommend some low-pass filters and a subwoofer. Tang Band makes a 6.5" subwoofer with a 100w max (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/psho...number=264-832) that will sufficiently fill the lows that the Infinity system lacks. Will you add sound deadening? If you do, I suggest B-Quiet Extreme.
                              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Deck has active LPF's built in! This is going to be my second time doing a basic install.. it's kinda nice skipping all the fiberglass and metering and building new enclosures and catching stuff on fire! Haha. Of course I would stop competing in SPL when I have a vehicle that could handle it (with dual alternators at least)

I was considering either some SecondSkin or Elemental Designs eDead 40 but I'll look into the B-Quiet stuff! I had the 133BT in my 05 Mustang and liked it and BestBuy was selling the 136 for $120 so I snatched it up.

My buddy was getting me a discount on these Infinity's from BestBuy as well, but I've actually found them cheaper on woofersetc.com so I'm seriously considering the Polk DB series now. I have 2 MA Audio 8" subs in the garage and I'm thinking 300-400 w RMS to the pair in a small ported box may just be what the doctor ordered for this thing... Not sure how this dinky 50A alternator will like it.

Oh, I'm getting a set of the DEI Boom Mat baffles to sit behind the speakers as well. Going to get the slim ones off Crutchfield that are a 2" mounting depth, should be fine behind the Polks.
                                93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

Working...
                                X