Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by valelotax View Post
    2004 KIA Rio? I thought the swap was only good for the 2001-2002 KIA Rios. Did I miss something?
    2004 knuckles and springs work on stock festy struts/control arms. EGT outter tie rods.

Today I painted my new-to-me spoiler.
    HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
    "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• Originally posted by standard235 View Post
      Deck has active LPF's built in! This is going to be my second time doing a basic install.. it's kinda nice skipping all the fiberglass and metering and building new enclosures and catching stuff on fire! Haha. Of course I would stop competing in SPL when I have a vehicle that could handle it (with dual alternators at least)

I was considering either some SecondSkin or Elemental Designs eDead 40 but I'll look into the B-Quiet stuff! I had the 133BT in my 05 Mustang and liked it and BestBuy was selling the 136 for $120 so I snatched it up.

My buddy was getting me a discount on these Infinity's from BestBuy as well, but I've actually found them cheaper on woofersetc.com so I'm seriously considering the Polk DB series now. I have 2 MA Audio 8" subs in the garage and I'm thinking 300-400 w RMS to the pair in a small ported box may just be what the doctor ordered for this thing... Not sure how this dinky 50A alternator will like it.

Oh, I'm getting a set of the DEI Boom Mat baffles to sit behind the speakers as well. Going to get the slim ones off Crutchfield that are a 2" mounting depth, should be fine behind the Polks.
      I have a single 12" JL Audio driven by a 300W RMS 600W Max @ 2Ohms amp and the alternator handles it fine. A little bit of light dimming at idle if I have it cranked up. I've though about installing a capacitor but have never got around to it.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        There is a big difference between feedback and non-feedback carbs.
        I prefer non-feedback carbs over FI. Besides the fact that they look cool in pairs. No computer control.
        That is a really neat setup. What are the details on it, I'm a carb fan.

Thanks,
        Jack Byrd,
        1991 Capri
        1988 Festiva LX, 240K
        1970 Chev C10
        1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Cleaned the snow off of it. Damn Wisconsin winter

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
            I have a single 12" JL Audio driven by a 300W RMS 600W Max @ 2Ohms amp and the alternator handles it fine. A little bit of light dimming at idle if I have it cranked up. I've though about installing a capacitor but have never got around to it.
            Don't bother with a capacitor. They're good to filter the power (alternator converts AC to DC but isn't perfect, ripple increases under load) and they're good for SQ and keep the amp running healthily. However, it is hardly enough to keep voltage from dropping below charging voltage. You'd need something similar to a batcap and even then, if you're really straining the system, you are just putting another piece in the line for the alternator to charge once it's depleted. You need to create power, not store it. I can't seem to find anyone with a HO alternator for these. Even 100-120A that I took for granted on the Mustang would be nice lol.
            93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Mazda MPV alternator. 80-amps. Plug and play.
              Last edited by DriverOne; 02-23-2013, 10:37 AM.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Going to put a new alternator belt on today. Plus I bought a set of 2000 Ranger headlights off ebay, Projector style with halo rings and euro blackout. Can't wait to get those in.
                NTRCOOL

1993 Ford Festiva GL
                1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix x2
                1989 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
                1990 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham
                1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
                1980 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupe
                1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Aeroback coupe

Comment

• New windshield finally. I gotta get it ready for inspection. The only thing left i think i need to do is patch the fist sized hole in my lower rocker infront of the tire. The snow is sorta preventing that from happening though.
                  1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• FINALLY got around to flushing the coolant.. it's been brown for a long while.

Emptied, Dawn dishsoap water, empty, more dawn, empty, clean water, empty, clean overflow tank (took it out and washed it in the kitchen sink lol).. put in coolant. Now it's almost clean, still a tad dirty.. figure I'll flush it again in a 1000 miles or so.

Then there's the bad part..

My car's been bucking when shifting more than usual (has that dreaded, no-replacement-part auto trans mount out), and there's been a bit of a clunk..

Finally warm enough to look under there, and.. lo and behold..

My rad supports are gone. Rusted OFF (hanging a good inch) beside both bolts, where the bottom engine mount connects to the support. Ugh. So that's what I get to do next weekend..

~Joe
                    Last edited by Spike; 02-23-2013, 03:16 PM.
                    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                    1988 LX 5-speed
                    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Just came in from hooking up my hatch area light. Of course it has to be snowing, but I figured it's been in there since I bought the car last april, I might as well get it working.
                      1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Comment

• Are you certain it's not just a burned out bulb?

Comment

• Originally posted by NTRCOOL View Post
                          Going to put a new alternator belt on today. Plus I bought a set of 2000 Ranger headlights off ebay, Projector style with halo rings and euro blackout. Can't wait to get those in.
                          Got the same ones today ! Wondering about if there legal or not ?
                          New build on the way .

Comment

• Originally posted by NTRCOOL View Post
                            Going to put a new alternator belt on today. Plus I bought a set of 2000 Ranger headlights off ebay, Projector style with halo rings and euro blackout. Can't wait to get those in.
                            Need pics !!
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                              Are you certain it's not just a burned out bulb?

100% positive. Its working now. There were 2 wires with plugs in that area. One was a blueish color and one was white with a red stripe. Not sure if those were the wires I needed, but neither one had power. I just ran a wire in under the ceiling from the continuously hot wire going to the dome light, than dropped it down and hid it under the belt trim and down the plastic by the rear seat and to the back. Worked well.

Comment

• I dropped my gas tank, needless to say it had to be done.
                                I looked inside and found there was a ton of rust and gunk inside the tank.
                                I ordered a new one and soon enough my 89 Festy will be on the road soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X