Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Awesome!!! Where did you end up taking it?
    Midas here in St. Joseph. They did a GREAT job, too! I am VERY pleased.

Speaking of pleased, JESUS this thing is a MONSTER with a B6! I am seriously going to get in trouble with this thing. It's ridiculous.
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Good to hear! Stay out of trouble!!
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Took it to get aligned!
        91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
        Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
        Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
          I think I've proved Mazda wrong.
          There's this guy at work who thinks that carrying buckeyes in his pocket keeps him from getting hemorrhoids. He doesn't have any and so concludes it works. Is he right too?

It may be difficult for you to believe, but all you've done is gone out and measured the flatness of 10ft of ground and concluded that the world is flat. But whatever works for you.

No hatin' intended there.
          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
            There's this guy at work who thinks that carrying buckeyes in his pocket keeps him from getting hemorrhoids. He doesn't have any and so concludes it works. Is he right too?

It may be difficult for you to believe, but all you've done is gone out and measured the flatness of 10ft of ground and concluded that the world is flat. But whatever works for you.

No hatin' intended there.
            Not necessarily. I'm going on experience of dealing with these hubs, what the spacers say, and the fact that I've pulled from Several different years of festivas and they've all been the same.
            Not saying that makes them all through same by any means.

And Thanks for misquoting me.

-James
            Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• ^Was intended to be a synopsis of what it seemed you were saying. Mazda/Kia/Ford says this is a specific part to create a specific bearing preload and will differ minutely because of "tolerance stack-up?", etc. What are you saying?
              Last edited by sketchman; 06-26-2013, 09:43 AM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

^Was intended to be a synopsis of what it seemed you were saying. Mazda/Kia/Ford says this is a specific part to create a specific bearing preload and will differ minutely because of "tolerance stack-up?", etc. What are you saying?
                I'm saying the spacer is hub specific. Like I've been told countless times on here. And those hubs, from the 13 in Marion alone that I've pulled and rebuilt for people, among mine have all had the EXACT same spacers. They've all had the exact same preload amount stamped on them. They've been festys from 88-92 (including my originals and the ones I've ran from another festy)
                Most guys come to me because I do the bearings much cheaper than a local mechanic and do them properly.
                I'm No expert on preload and wheel bearing load and all that, But I call em like I see em.

-James
                Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Fair enough.

If it works, that's awesome.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Fair enough.

If it works, that's awesome.
                    I meant No hard feelings either. But if we all knew what we were talking about there'd be No need for a forum.

-James

Comment

• That is one tool I wish I had. A three foot long torque wrench to establish an accurate bearing preload and load. I always take mine in for that reason. That torque wrench is only used for that purpose only. I want to drive on them for a very long time with no squeaks or premature failure.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 06-26-2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                        That is one tool I wish I had. A three foot long torque wrench to establish an accurate bearing preload. I always take mine in for that reason. That torque wrench is only used for that purpose only.
                        I think the 2footer I have from autozone works Just fine.

-James

Comment

• Well not exactly what I have done but more like what I have to do, A week ago i hit a chuck hole and the front end started making a clunking noise when you hit the gas or let off quickly, no biggie just a little rust, but i guess that's the price you pay for living in the rust belt, I figure some angle iron and a welder should do the trick. Any questions, comments or concerns, Hey maybe Charlie Advancedynamics can hook me up with a nice southern car.

Last edited by sc72; 06-26-2013, 02:08 PM.
                          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Machined the rear drum so that it fits my aspire pattern Miata Daisys

-M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Finished up my hatch wiper&sprayer installation today. Very happy with the way it turned out.

Also painted my brake calipers, did the drums a couple days ago.

Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-26-2013, 07:39 PM.
                              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                                Finished up my hatch wiper&sprayer installation today. Very happy with the way it turned out.

Also painted my brake calipers, did the drums a couple days ago.

+25Kw brake power.

-James

Comment

Working...
                                X