Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    I'm gonna have to do that corner light to blinker mod!
    I bought aftermarket walmart stop/tail/turn lights, robbed the sockets out, and did a little splicing/soldering/jbwelding, and done.
    Josh Z.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhodeStiva View Post
      yea but the lug nuts are all to big i need tiny ones.
      You can get them at Autozone. They are about 32.00 inc the tool to remove them. (they inc enough for a 5 lug car)
      Jerry
      Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
      90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
      92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
      93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Bought pedal pads from Bravekozak, got them in the mail today and installed them right away, this is cheep security for my ankle bones. Thanks Brave.

An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Fiddled with the brake slave cylinder, it was leaking again, but after removing the the drum, everything was dry. ???

It wasn't coming from the brake line either. Odd.

But after resetting the auto-adjuster, and put it all back together, my handbrake works perfectly on that side now, now I just need the otherside to do the same. Will fiddle with that tomorrow.

Also does anyone want to replace my valve stem seals for me?
          I really don't feel comfortable enough doing it myself, and a garage would probably just pull the head, and charge me for the extra labor, and I can't afford that.

I am already down about a quart of oil on only 600 miles. But that is also to blame on the valve cover gasket, but I planned on getting that done when the valve stem seals got replaced.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Engine is READY to drop in! Found/placed all the bolts today, got all the rest of the brackets on, etc. Now just waiting on some rack bellows and I can do that, as well as the inner and outer tie rod ends, put the sway bar on(Also waiting on last minute sway bar plates from the powdercoater) then away I go with engine installation! I can see the finish line!
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Buck, do you have other projects going on? Why do you need the EGT TB?
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts
              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• The EGT TB is indeed for this project. I suppose I am also waiting on that, but I have a lot to do before I start worrying about that, haha
                Buck.
                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• P.S. I will be in KC this weekend.
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• WOO!
                    Buck.

Comment

• My ebrake works perfectly now. Woo!!!!
                      Had the car since last August, and hasn't had a properly working ebrake since, and probably long before I even obtained it.

Was test driving it around the neighborhood, didn't think it would work all that well, I yanked the ebrake doing almost 30, and my passenger wheel locked up making a terrible tire squeal. Just need new brake shoes all around, instead of having mismatched set with different wear on each shoe, this is probably why my driver's side didn't lock up as well, they were not in the best shape.

God I need another job. lol

Also I will buy someone a couple six packs of beer, and pay for their gas if they will come down and do my valve stem seals.
                      I really don't want to tackle this myself. Because first off, I don't have a torque wrench to be reattaching rocker arms.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• So, I haven't been driving Rosie, my 93 auto, because she needs some work (VC gasket, Axles, suspension stuff and other odds and ends) but I went out to start her up and she fired like I just got back from the grocery store. Its been 4 months since I started this car. Gotta love em.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Today I installed manual belts in my '92...well only on the driver side cause I wanted to test to see if it would work.

It seems to be working, but the main part that mounts where the old motor went seems like it should be hooking up to the top part here.

I also had a pile of screws/bolts/attachments from pulling various things at the JY awhile back and I'm curious if this was supposed to be used somehow to make it connect up top...anyone with an '89 out there that could help me figure this out?

Oh and I almost forgot I had this...look forward to trying to get it put in in the next week or so..

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• The little clip you're holding is for the rear cargo cover.
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Cool, thanks for confirming that.

Now does anyone with a pre-90 Festiva have a photo of how the main part is attached? I still feel like it's not lined up like it should. I think it will still work how I have it, but I'd like to make sure it's right and safe!
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Working...
                              X