Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not just todays list, but on tuesday I put my 15" whees on the car:

Yesterday I used heatgun to get rearbumper color back. It went well, bumper turner from white to dark. Very nice!

Today I installed JOM coilover kit (Golf II) to car:

Its hard and bouncy to drive, but looks much much better.
    Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
    It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

• Someone wanna run out and look and see if there are three wires to their starter or just two?
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• I see 2
        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• EFF. There is a very small single wire with a ring terminal at the end back there somewhere and I'm not sure where it goes.

On the trans where the battery grounds.... does it go there?
          Buck.
          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• Battery ground is a fairly big wire. It runs to the body, too.

Starter has a large gauge wire with a ring and a smaller wire with a connector for the solenoid.

I can't remember a small wire with a ring.
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
              Battery ground is a fairly big wire. It runs to the body, too.

Starter has a large gauge wire with a ring and a smaller wire with a connector for the solenoid.

I can't remember a small wire with a ring.
              Yes, all of those are connected. The tiny wire with ring comes out of the harness right with the spade wire with the starter
              Buck.

Comment

• i'll check mine, lol. Wait, you dont have a b3 do you?
                1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• It's a b3 harness, so it doesn't matter. Just need to know where it went
                  Buck.

Comment

• i'll check mine, lol. Wait, you dont have a b3 do you?

sorry, i didnt notice this posted twice.
                    Last edited by ckiesman; 05-11-2013, 05:54 PM.
                    1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Comment

• well, on mine i see a black wire with a ring terminal coming out of the starter harness. It's attached near the clutch cable bracket with a 10 mm bolt. It looks like it goes right where the main ground goes to the transmission.

Comment

• Received the Felpro valve stem seals in the mail. Now just waiting on the valve cover gasket.

I guess the intake and exhaust seals are the same? Since they are just thrown in bag, and there is nothing to differentiate any of them.

God I hope this gets done right, I also hope it is just the seals, and not the guides as well.
                        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 05-12-2013, 12:15 AM.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Well considering the engine only has around 140k miles on it, I don't think the valve guides would be too worn, especially on these engines.
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by ckiesman View Post
                            well, on mine i see a black wire with a ring terminal coming out of the starter harness. It's attached near the clutch cable bracket with a 10 mm bolt. It looks like it goes right where the main ground goes to the transmission.
                            Excellent, thank you!!!
                            Buck.

Comment

• So I assume that helped, lol

Comment

• Yep! It was between that and the starter post lol
                                Buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X