Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ps, it can run on starter fluid
    Buck.
    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
      No clue
      No clue
      Yes
      Yes
      Roger that. Were these injectors known good before they were installed? It's unlikely they've all clogged up with gunk, but it's hard to say I guess. Rent a compression testing kit from the local auto parts store and get back to us with some numbers if possible. That'll help eliminate a big variable. I don't think I've ever seen a motor with air, spark, fuel, and compression not start.
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• Dunno about the injectors, it's a 70k mile B6 that has likely been sitting for 5+ years. Excellent condition otherwise though.

I'll do some more troubleshooting tomorrow I suppose.
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• Oh okay it starts with starter fluid? Yeah take a real good look at those injectors and anything powering them. Sounds like your compression is good enough to at least start the car!

Comment

• How are you spraying in the starting fluid?
            You do have the intake piping and VAF connected securely, correct?
            Just check simple stuff
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Intake is an awful temporary setup. But it's secure and sealed... To start it with starter fluid, I removed the pcv breather hose, sprayed some in, replaced hose, then went and cranked. It sputtered to life great but obviously didn't last
              Buck.

Comment

• Gotcha.
                Are you sure fuel pump is working and building pressure?
                ~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Oh definitely. I got showered with fuel last night as a testament to that.

Also, injectors ARE getting pulsed, so it's gotta be the injectors themselves. I think I'll take them out and soak them in diesel or something.

Are B3 injectors the same?
                  Buck.

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                    Oh definitely. I got showered with fuel last night as a testament to that.

Also, injectors ARE getting pulsed, so it's gotta be the injectors themselves. I think I'll take them out and soak them in diesel or something.

Are B3 injectors the same?
                    Festivas are 120cc and I believe the 323's are 130cc.

Comment

• I'll just try cleaning these then
                      Buck.

Comment

• Good stuff... keep us posted with how it goes!

Comment

• IIRC Matt D does service our Mazda injectors, cleans and balances them. I Think somewhere it says $80 for this service.
                          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Or just take a rubber hose put it on the top of the injector fill it with gas then put an air hose in the end wire a positive and negative to the injector and touch a battery to it and you can see it shoot fuel. Try all the injectors make sure they work.
                            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Turns out fuel isn't getting past the regulator.... Can I use a B3 regulator?
                              Buck.

Comment

• Past the regulator?
                                Do you have the fuel lines hooked up backwards?
                                ~Austin
                                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
                                X