Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I don't generally "make sure". Only thing I watch is the dizzy cap. Only time I've had an issue after clean-up was when I put pressure water on the cap.

But I'm sure better safe than sorry.

What color are you making the valve cover?
    Last edited by sketchman; 06-11-2013, 12:34 PM.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
      ^I don't generally "make sure". Only thing I watch is the dizzy cap. Only time I've had an issue after clean-up was when I put pressure water on the cap.

Im making it white. Ans since my spark wires are red from Accell, all the trimmings are red

I once thought the dissy had moisture but it didnt. Water got in the TPS and was causing some terrible idling and acceleration. Took me forever to find that because I never thought it mattered.

Sent from James' Galaxy S4 TAPATALK2
      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
        ^I don't generally "make sure". Only thing I watch is the dizzy cap. Only time I've had an issue after clean-up was when I put pressure water on the cap.

What ive got back together so far

Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Dudeeeeeeeee it looks so good I'm planning on doin up my new motor when it's in there tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by Racks-on-racks View Post
            Dudeeeeeeeee it looks so good I'm planning on doin up my new motor when it's in there tonight
            Do it ouside the car. Tape off all the ports and itll be much easier.
            And thanks dude. Its hot as balls out or I'd already be done.

Comment

• image.jpg
              Today I pulled my whole dash and repainted it from head to toe. I pulled easily removable accent components (vent cover, glove box and center storage box) to paint separately for red accents. The rest of the dash was cleaned, repaired in a couple spots and repainted with an interior vinyl paint giving it a brand new shine. I did the same with the accent pieces but red. Since my exterior is mainly red with black bumpers. I figured a mostly black with red accents would give the Interior a great vibe! Let me know what you think!
              Last edited by Cquick33; 06-11-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• 6145315972 they ya go man shoot me a text

Comment

• Originally posted by Racks-on-racks View Post
                  6145315972 they ya go man shoot me a text
                  Got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cquick33 View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12848[/ATTACH]
                    Today I pulled my whole dash and repainted it from head to toe. I pulled easily removable accent components (vent cover, glove box and center storage box) to paint separately for red accents. The rest of the dash was cleaned, repaired in a couple spots and repainted with an interior vinyl paint giving it a brand new shine. I did the same with the accent pieces but red. Since my exterior is mainly red with black bumpers. I figured a mostly black with red accents would give the Interior a great vibe! Let me know what you think!
                    Looks wicked!!

Comment

• Finished the bay

Comment

• The red isnt that bright. It just glows in the photo.

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                          Finished the bay

How long did the pulling/painting process take? Should I dedicate a whole weekend since my festy is my DD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cquick33 View Post
                            How long did the pulling/painting process take? Should I dedicate a whole weekend since my festy is my DD?
                            I would. Pulling the engine depends on the help you have. I didnt pull it. I just did it from what I could. The valve cover and all the hoses and whst not take a couple hours. Id recommend a 3 day weekend to give everything you degrease time to dry so you can paint, the second day, start early painting so you can do it proper, and if its all dry enough at the end of that day out it bacj together. If not the 3rd day. You also need to get the high heat paint for everything. I got the 2000° flame proof stuff just to be on the safe side. And when its all back together, just idle the motor for about 20 minutes. Let cool for 10, then repeat so the paint can cure. Im curing mine now.

Comment

• Started installing the flaps. Theyre just roughly on as I have to round off some of th3 side skirts on the front. When I get them fastened up proper I'll post more

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                                Started installing the flaps. Theyre just roughly on as I have to round off some of th3 side skirts on the front. When I get them fastened up proper I'll post more

Also, th3 american racing wheels are going on hopefully tomorrow so theyll be decently fkush with those flappers

Comment

Working...
                                X