Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    fast, you're getting me in trouble posting that one. I ordered the wrong part for everyone else including myself last time. A lot of PMs about that. I will be sure to order the right part number next time.

Does anybody need some stabilizer bar to control arm bushings? I just happen to have a few ( 30 ) left over. Oh yeah, and a few ( 60 ) shifter bushings.
    PM me a price for shifter bushings!
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Shifter bushings price please.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Shifter bushings - seventy-five cents each + shipping (around $2)

I have some upper shifter ball seals and lower shifter boots left too.
        Check under your car to see if yours is torn and letting in water and dirt.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-22-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• What material are the shifter bushings made from?
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Genuine Kia Pride shifter bushings (KKY0146062).
            Only the part number is on the bag.
            Material specs would only be on the manufacturer's blueprint.
            The material looks to be much more translucent than the genuine Ford ones.
            I suspect that Ford may have had a different material spec for theirs.
            I also have a complete set of genuine Ford shifter bushings (E7GZ-7A133-A) for sale.
            The Ford bushing bag says "Made in Japan".
            Last edited by bravekozak; 06-22-2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Named the new 89 automatic Trixie.
              Did some work on Trixie today:
              Installed a new midpipe and muffler....very quite now.
              Shampooed the drivers seat...looks good as new now...Will do the right seat and back seat tomorrow.
              Left front wheel bearings have seen better days..will fix that tomorrow too.

Comment

• Well I'm talk my dang time getting the Festy back on the road. I wish I had more tools and better know how when it comes to doing my own work. Trying to do the Crank Seal and it's proving to be a pain in the butt. Couldn't get the engine dropped far enough to get the crank pulley and AC pulley off. And when I finally did I can't get the crank bolt off cause it's just turning the crank. I did test out the look of those OZ Racing wheels I bought awhile back. The tires on them are shot and way too big, but I like the look.

Working on the car. When I lowered the engine the coolant line in the back would start leaking. Raise it up and it would stop.. I have a coolant leak somewhere and I'm starting to think that might be the suspect!

Suspect line.

OZ Racing wheel.

Also the middle motor mount bolt came out when I was trying to remove the nut. Whoops!
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Use an impact wrench on the crank bolt or if you don't have one, remove the starter and have an assistant hold the flywheel with a prybar or the like.
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• In the past I have blipped the starter with a sturdy ratchet on the bolt. Of course only after checking the direction of the ratchet and other things like 3412 times. worked great.
                    Buck.
                    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Also today, I scored a white font tach cluster!
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• Filled the tank for the first time in months.

Noticed the gas gauge didn't read above 1/3rd of a tank, turned out the float was just catching on the in tank filter, moving the filter away from the float immediately fixed it.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                          Also today, I scored a white font tach cluster!
                          Did you purchase those Festiva parts from that guy in KS? I've seen it on CL and he was selling the lot for cheap!
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Looked at my car today :-P
                            Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                              Did you purchase those Festiva parts from that guy in KS? I've seen it on CL and he was selling the lot for cheap!
                              Yep! Talked him down to $60 for the whole shebang too!
                              Buck.

Comment

• Last night I put the most gas ever in my Festiva.
                                It was hesitating on acceleration a mile from the gas station. Made it to the pump before the engine died.
                                I filled it with 9.942 gallons. There was gas in the filler neck.
                                ~Austin
                                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
                                X