Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by m11iott View Post
    I have to go with the Rhino Liner rather than the Plasti-Dipp. The Plasti- Dipp shows ALL imperfections while the Rhino hides them.
    I have only used plasti-dip on rims. Ive had sucess with it and I have had sucess with rustoleum on rims as well. This will be my first time using plasti-dip on the body though.
    2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 (Wifes)
    2002 Ford Excursion (Family Mobile)
    1988 Ford Festiva LX (Mine)

Comment

• Winter wheels/tires installed on the Festiva and the other family hauler, our '04 Montana.

Sent from somewhere west of here!
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by pointA2B View Post
        I have only used plasti-dip on rims. Ive had sucess with it and I have had sucess with rustoleum on rims as well. This will be my first time using plasti-dip on the body though.
        Can you paint over the Plasti-dip? I want to add a half inch red border around the outside edge but didn't know if you could paint on the surface.

Comment

• Originally posted by m11iott View Post
          Can you paint over the Plasti-dip? I want to add a half inch red border around the outside edge but didn't know if you could paint on the surface.
          I wouldnt paint over it. Though you can get different colors of plast-dip check out www.dipyourcar.com
          2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 (Wifes)
          2002 Ford Excursion (Family Mobile)
          1988 Ford Festiva LX (Mine)

Comment

• Replaced the passengers caliper because of broken bleeder valve and replaced drivers side rear hard line near the wheel because of rust and a ghetto fix by the PO. Got all the brake shoes/pads but waiting till tomorrow so I can turn the rotors and drums at work. She'll be stopping on a dime by next weekend.

Also did a little more wet sanding, gonna have a yellow car here soon. But it will just be until I paint her all white!
            Last edited by Ape; 10-21-2012, 04:03 PM.
            ~Brian

Comment

• Topped up the brake fluid since the parking brake light came on, the leak on my right rear brake cylinder is getting worse and worse, the whole inside of the wheel was completely soaked in brake fluid, and enough to make a wet spot on the driveway.

Going to have to deal with that tomorrow. can't put it off anymore.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Alright, here we go... Well we did some light wiring, as well as some engine troubleshooting for the rally next weekend. Unfortunately we came up empty. We are not getting power to the ignition coil, the fuel injectors, or the fuel pump. We replaced the computer as well as tried bypassing the inertia switch in the back and replaced some controller by the ignition coil. Still nothing. Something we were able to do was put our reverse lights and dash lights on a switch where the radio used to be so where our radio was we have 4 switches; daytime running lights, Auxiliary lights, Reverse lights, dash lights. Haha sounds funny when i look at it now but none of those worked when we got the car so we just hardwired everything to the battery like that. Oh well maybe our mechanic can find out.

Car #789
                Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• Bummer you guys are still having troubles with the car. Hope you can get it sooner rather than later. I've been doing more driving and less tinkering lately. I did go to the PnP this weekend up in KC, but I didn't really come away with much.
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by WTFestiva View Post
                    Alright, here we go... Well we did some light wiring, as well as some engine troubleshooting for the rally next weekend. Unfortunately we came up empty. We are not getting power to the ignition coil, the fuel injectors, or the fuel pump. We replaced the computer as well as tried bypassing the inertia switch in the back and replaced some controller by the ignition coil. Still nothing. Something we were able to do was put our reverse lights and dash lights on a switch where the radio used to be so where our radio was we have 4 switches; daytime running lights, Auxiliary lights, Reverse lights, dash lights. Haha sounds funny when i look at it now but none of those worked when we got the car so we just hardwired everything to the battery like that. Oh well maybe our mechanic can find out.
                    Have you checked the main fuses, and the ignition switch itself? If you pull it out, the Haynes manual has a really easy test for it.
                    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• [Quote]Topped up the brake fluid since the parking brake light came on, the leak on my right rear brake cylinder is getting worse and worse, the whole inside of the wheel was completely soaked in brake fluid, and enough to make a wet spot on the driveway. [Quote]

$15.99 at Autozone, and it takes 10 minutes. Don't forget to bleed it though... (Bad personal experience)
                      Last edited by TheresGabe; 10-22-2012, 08:21 AM. Reason: Quoted

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by WTFestiva View Post
                        Alright, here we go... Well we did some light wiring, as well as some engine troubleshooting for the rally next weekend. Unfortunately we came up empty. We are not getting power to the ignition coil, the fuel injectors, or the fuel pump. We replaced the computer as well as tried bypassing the inertia switch in the back and replaced some controller by the ignition coil. Still nothing. Something we were able to do was put our reverse lights and dash lights on a switch where the radio used to be so where our radio was we have 4 switches; daytime running lights, Auxiliary lights, Reverse lights, dash lights. Haha sounds funny when i look at it now but none of those worked when we got the car so we just hardwired everything to the battery like that. Oh well maybe our mechanic can find out.
                        Why is this SCREAMING: !!!FUSIBLE LINK!!! to me? Seems like every strange unexplained electrical issue can be traced to one of those 3 little wires...

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                        1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                        1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                        1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                        1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                        1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                        1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• ^ agree
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Can't replace the rear cylinder, because my brother decided after he put my bearings in to use the old mangled spindle nut washer that twisted out of place the last time, and guess what?

It twisted out of the groove on the spindle and is stuck on the threads AGAIN. If it comes down to it I might have to cut the brake line and plug it, because there is no way to get the drum off without me destroying another spindle.
                            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Checked all the Fuses and Fusible links, also replaced the ignition coil. Still nothing. We've gone through about everything, we are still trying to find one of the relays that are outlined in the manuals, found 1/2 but i never touched them, all started when I ran a ground to hot, so we're just gonna keep checking it.

Car #789
                              Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group

Comment

• HOLY CRAP NVM IT JUST STARTED UP!!! it was a ground wire, the one i burned... Apparently i had it hooked to a different area. Perryville farm and forest rally here we come!

Car #789

Comment

Working...
                                X