Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    PURBLE SHIFTAH! Dude, that's really short. How's the weight?
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Narrowbands are under a 100 but wideband even used is over
      Ford Fester

Comment

• Prafeston, which civic shifter did you go with?

Comment

• I got new rims today but cant figure out how to post a picture of them =/
          91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
          Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
          Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
            PURBLE SHIFTAH! Dude, that's really short. How's the weight?
            Feels good. Right now I'm used to my old sloppy no bushings shifter so I'm getting used to the new throw lengths and the stiffness of the shifter. I like the feel of the round knob though...even though it was like 30 degrees today and that billet alluminum was freezing! I've never really had aftermarket knobs and I don't know what weights are supposed to be better and what not. I'll have to get some more drive time in before I decide how I like it. Seems fine though at 6.1oz.
            Here is the eBay link to the knob I got. Purple Shifter Knob

Originally posted by drumnerd33 View Post
            Prafeston, which civic shifter did you go with?
            It was a cheap 9.99 dollar one off eBay. This is the seller I bought from: Civic Short Throw Shifter
            I ordered the gunmetal one, but I'm almost positive they sent me the chrome. Oh well, I'll most likely be covering up the shifter with the stock boot or a leather boot at some point.
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• ok just wondering... i decided to go for the b&m one and i love it, its even shorter then yours so some people may not like it but i think its perfect, only problem im having is first gear is tough to get into and what i think it is, is the b&m shifter is way thicker before and after the ball and i think its hitting the cups on top and bottom, so i might pull it back out and grind out some of the metal so it can move a little further.

Comment

• 1, 2, 5, and Reverse all seem to push the shifter back in toward center...kind of like the diameter of the shifter is larger than the stock one so it's pushing it away from the walls of the cup like you are saying. So when I'm going down to first...instead of going straight down...it's almost like it's going down and to the right. I'll have to make a video of it later or something.
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• hmmm sounds like the same problem then... well when i looked at mine it seems the thicker shaft is hitting the edge of the cup, we will have to figure out how to fix this problem.

Comment

• Yesterday: decided on the hood stripe widths on my new paintjob....5 inch center stripe with 1 inch L/R parallel stripes with a 1/2" gap in between the 3 stripes, all in white.

Today: got an '88 factory wiring diagram via e-Bay today in the mail. That completes my maintenance manuals/publications. Also stopped by a local upholstery shop to check on prices/times for re-upholstering all 3 seats and new floor carpet.

Time for bed....
                    88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                    88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                    91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                    93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Didn't technically do it TO the Festiva, but in..

Allow me some backstory, please. I've been working temp at a warehouse for going on 4 months now.. and they finally 'decided' to 'let things proceed', as in hire me on.. My commute is 35mi each way.. and I really wanted to get home today. I spend the next 10 miles doing 35 in a 55 behind a semi towing another semi.. he finally turns off, and lo and behold, the guy I next get to is doing 40-43 in the same 55... I follow him for 6 miles.

First straightaway I get, about a mile long (with dotted road - passing legal), no one coming.. I turn on my signal and get in the left lane.. I get up to him, about to go around him, doing about 52, and of course he accelerates. By this time, I have a car coming at me, and the one following me has gotten all the way up behind the truck I'm passing..

I floor it, not looking at the speedo, to get around him before anything bad happens... get around, back in my lane and then I notice..

The car coming was a police car. I thought I was home free, though.. he went about 1/8mile... but, then he braked and turned around.. He clocked me at 65. I told him the only reason I was speeding was to pass the guy doing 45, and was told he clocked him at 43. What I get for being honest:

A ticket for $132. My first ticket ever, by the way.

The Lord giveth (my job), and the Devil taketh away (my money, and my sanity).

~Joe
                      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                      1988 LX 5-speed
                      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• That's the worst when cops give you a stupid ticket like that!
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• Been recording mileage, just shy of 28mpg but this is delivering papers, winter time, and a snow storm. V6 mustang was lucky to get 10.

Oh and I called a junk yard that has two aspires! Here I come 4x100, "big brakes", and stiffer suspension!
                          93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

• My new rims!!! 14" X 6" 38mm offset, for 200!

Comment

• Ooooo! I like those! What are they off of? 4x100 pattern?
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• I dont know what their off of other than it was a VW and yes 4x100! all in preparation for the upcoming brake and suspension swap!!! I cant wait

Comment

Working...
                                X