Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
    Huge pair of channel locks with some good teeth, or a big visegrip. Don't do it jacked up. Try And get the car on ramps or something really sturdy So you can get underneath of it And crank.
    Oh, BTW that harbor freight kit won't fit anyways. I tried it, then resorted to the redneck method. Reinstall should be easy. Just a 24mm spanner.

-James
    Sounds like a plan. I got a set of 4TON truck ramps a month ago at Goodwill.. for $4. Best $4 I've ever spent, except going up on them scares the bajeebies out of me LOL. I'll see what I can do this next weekend.

-Joe
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
      Sounds like a plan. I got a set of 4TON truck ramps a month ago at Goodwill.. for $4. Best $4 I've ever spent, except going up on them scares the bajeebies out of me LOL. I'll see what I can do this next weekend.

-Joe
      Wow! What a steal, I'd love to snag a set, but I can't talk myself into purchasing them at AutoZone for like 50 bucks!
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• But.. they are so worth it. Leaving a car on them for a week is also awesome.

In my case, I put the racecar on them, blocked the rear wheels, and left it for the weekend. I felt like it was on one of those car lot display units haha.
        1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

• I have had my car on 2 jack stands for 3 weeks! It's kind of scary..especially when I had both front wheels off and one of the two rear wheels was even off the ground!
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• *hands you a beer*

We's redneckin', ain't nuttin' wrong wit dat.
            1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

• Well hopefully tomorrow I'll have all my struts and springs installed and I can finally get it on all fours again before I have to get the front back up on stands to do the oil pan gasket a second time!!
              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
              Random Festiva Parts

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                Well hopefully tomorrow I'll have all my struts and springs installed and I can finally get it on all fours again before I have to get the front back up on stands to do the oil pan gasket a second time!!
                If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

-James
                Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Traced the source of the oil leak on my new engine to the fuel pump plate on the head. I put some RTV on and we'll see if the leaking stops tomorrow.

I pulled all the A/C components off my parts car. I broke the switch trying to get it out so I'll hit up a few junkyards to find one.
                  The system is dealer installed. Removing was super easy and I guess that installation will be fairly simple as well.
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                    I have had my car on 2 jack stands for 3 weeks! It's kind of scary..especially when I had both front wheels off and one of the two rear wheels was even off the ground!
                    That's funny. I left my car up in the air too. The two front wheels are off the ground resting on 4 big blocks of Douglas fir. I am trying to fit the hubcentric rings into the wheels. Even though 57.1 mm is the smallest ring for the Storm centerbore, it still does not fit. I have to get my porting and polishing kit to widen the bore evenly, ever so little.

Comment

• Filled up yesterday. $3.339 per gal., Best mileage yet 40.7 mpg!! Still 29.3 average mpg., had some crappy mileage when I first got the car.
                      Last edited by navdoc101; 07-09-2013, 08:50 AM.
                      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Got my new 88'-89' style grille by fedex today. Only $22 off ebay, and has all the clips that are hard to find.

I like the 80s style more than the 90s.
                        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Installing two matching corbeau Blue 3pt harnesses today. Taking the red out So I can match you the ones in there. Will have my red (unfrayed, unwrecked, only installed once, like new condition) harness for sale soon.And Yes, the way I've had them set up is proper by Corbeau install standards.

-James
                          Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• ^ wow looks killer!
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                              ^ wow looks killer!
                              Thanks Danny!

-James

Comment

• Today I freed Trixie's frozen ebrake/adjuster lever on the right side, put a dab of grease on the shoe backplate hit points and on adjuster hinges.
                                Repacked both rear wheel bearings. Brake shoes and bearings were in good shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X