Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pulled all of the carpet out, including floor mats, and spent $5 at the car wash. Sprayed until the soapy water was clear (about $3.50) then rinsed until there was no soap (about $1.50). gonna be a sunny day tomorrow and we'll be out of town all day so I am going to hang it all on a rack in the sun so It will be dry by the time we get home.

I also bought some wiring for the future Audio system. Wire it now while the carpet is out. Kinda anxious to start the audio stuff. It's what I did professionally off/on for the past 20 yrs or so. Gonna make it cheap, simple, and fun. Probably a nice 6.5" component set up front with a set of 4" coaxes in back. Then an 8" slim sub fiber-glassed into the left rear of the hatch. Flush mount a super small amp into the box to boot.

Had to weld a plate into the floorboard on the pass side. Small hole kinda peeped out when the carpet was out. I hate Ohio. lol
    -Bryant

Comment

• Because in today's society, they judge you on what you drive.

If you drive a small 20 year old ecobox, then they look at you like you have no money, and are worthless.

It is just our society is massively close-minded, and ignorant, everything is driven off of money.
      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 07-12-2013, 11:00 PM.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• What if I throw $25,000 at my Festy? Will that change their mind? lol At least I will get more looks at shows, be faster than pretty much whatever they are driving, probably have a better conversation piece, and I guarantee I will be more proud that I built it rather than bought it. But like you said, they're close-minded and ignorant and they will probably think of a ridiculous way to call me ignorant or stupid.
        -Bryant

Comment

• I parked in a spot labelled fuel efficient parking only today.
          Because our cars are rated up to 42 mpgs.

When I came back out there was a hand written note saying
          my car wasn't a hybrid or electric.
          All they thought was that if it wasnt from the factory
          As a new vehicle marketed as hybrids or "green"
          That mine doesn't count.
          Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• lol. I can't wait to be able to park in one of those spots. My car is running again so maybe someday soon.

Doesn't have to be a hybrid or electric to be fuel efficient. lol some people. They're just pissed cause they spent a crap load of cash for a Hybrid/Electric.
            -Bryant

Comment

• Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
              I parked in a spot labelled fuel efficient parking only today.
              Because our cars are rated up to 42 mpgs.

When I came back out there was a hand written note saying
              my car wasn't a hybrid or electric.
              All they thought was that if it wasnt from the factory
              As a new vehicle marketed as hybrids or "green"
              That mine doesn't count.
              Well that's some HORSEDUNG! Our cars get BETTER than some of theirs! That is ridiculous.
              Buck.
              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Our cars are greener than theirs because we are continuing to use an old car instead of buying a new one.
                A new one that created lots of pollution to make. Especially if it's a hybrid. The lithium is mined in Canada, refined in Europe, made into a battery in Asia then put in a car here. Lots of transporting. Not to mention recycling end of life batteries.

The past few days I installed A/C in my car. Used the complete dealer setup I pulled from my parts car. I bought all new o rings and a new drier.
                Thoroughly cleaned all components. I charged it with R134a.
                A digital food thermometer in the center vents read 55 degrees average with a low of 52 and a high of 60 while idling with outside temps of 99-100 degrees.
                Over a 40 degree drop. That's pretty good. I just need more airflow. The blower isn't strong enough.
                I read that factory A/C cars have stronger blowers. Do they noticeable push more air? Are they a worthwhile upgrade?
                ~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Are you talking about the blower motor in the blower housing set on high? I can't see based on the speed setting any differnce in blower effectivity. The best way to make the A/C more effective in my opinion is to run a bypass away from the heater core. that way you don't have the hot fighting with the cold in the same housing. For some reason, Mazda never installed a bypass valve.
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 07-13-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Removed the complete OEM carb induction system from my blown B3, kartracer is going to have more carby parts.
                    Jack Byrd,
                    1991 Capri
                    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                    1970 Chev C10
                    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• I also have been slowly, but surely getting all my a/c components installed.

Got all the hoses, and pipes installed today.

I have Monday, and Tuesday off, so I will be installing the electrical stuff like the a/c switch, and the relays, and hooking those all up.
                      Maybe also tapping out the holes, and bolting on the compressor, along with getting the crank pulley attached.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I'm talking about the blower. With it running on high, it just can't push enough air to combat our 100 degree temps. Once the sun goes down the car gets frigid.
                        My windows are tinted all around.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Finally get car running so I take out for a joy ride today. Drove for like 3 hours to break it in. On the way home at night got pulled over by cop because my tail lights are not bright enough. I said that's as bright as it gets in this car lol. She let me go and said buy brighter bulbs.
                          ;
                          www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                          rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                          '92 Festiva L M/T
                          '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                            I'm talking about the blower. With it running on high, it just can't push enough air to combat our 100 degree temps. Once the sun goes down the car gets frigid.
                            My windows are tinted all around.
                            A few years ago, I noticed my heater not keeping up, and that the vent didn't blow as strong as in previous winters. Eventually it barely blew, I needed a new blower. I am NOT saying yours definitely needs a new fan, but it might be worth looking into.
                            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Polished her up. She needs some paint our vinyl wrap.
                              20130714_125838.jpg20130714_135308.jpg

Comment

• jhli, red cars need green stripes. Direct complement.

Oren, the furthest south I've been was to San Antonio.
                                It was stinking hot. I would seriously consider a bypass valve, do no hot coolant flows to your heater core in the summer time.
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 07-14-2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X