Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My nephew is cutting into the front bumper to attach the towbar mounts so I can tow this beauty around the United States behind my RV. I hope the metal part of the bumper is fairly thick and will hold up to lots of towing?!

IMG_8191.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

Comment

• 20140522_182534.jpg

20140522_182727.jpg

20140522_182741.jpg

Comment

• Installed the Taurus cup holder & coin tray, and got the radio relocated to the cubby hole.
        Still need to lengthen the wires for them to reach, got to go get the supplies to do that.

But I also cut out a hole in front of the shifter on the auto console to place the foglight switch without it just being wedged between the cubby hole, and ash tray. Pics to come after everything is all put in place.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Pics quick. I have to see what you are talking about. Are you talking about an RX7 foglight switch? I also just installed my dash a couple of days ago. I would recomend making extensions by cutting radio wires from another Festiva, then using opposite connectors and crimping open barrel terminals on. No chance of a short + original harness remains intact.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 05-26-2014, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• finally replaced my driver side seat belt assembly today.
            the old unit had a tear in the belt halfway through.
            and it was located right where the buckle sits while buckled up so it used to get caught up on itself,
            also with the weakspot where it was, if i would have gotten into an accident i dont think it would hold.

so ive had a junkyard assembly sitting around for months.
            it is in great shape no tears, very clean, all bolts and screws came with it etc, etc.
            got it installed without a hitch.

the only thing that made me sad was a little 7"x6" or so piece of dynamat that was covering the old seat belt assembly to prevent rattles,
            and was sealing the airspace behind it had to be peeled off to access/replace assemblies,
            i did the best i could to peel it off intact,
            then when i was finished i warmed it up and pressed it back into place,
            it wasnt as solid as it was before, but if im lucky it will never move since it is wedged between the trim panel and the body itself,
            Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              Pics quick. I have to see what you are talking about. Are you talking about an RX7 foglight switch? I also just installed my dash a couple of days ago. I would recomend making extensions by cutting radio wires from another Festiva, then using opposite connectors and crimping open barrel terminals on. No chance of a short + original harness remains intact.
              Harness was long gone. It was gone before I even owned the car. I took the lazy route, cut some wires off a old computer power supply, and used wire nuts. Didn't feel like buying a new soldering Iron, solder, and heat shrink.

The foglight switch is just some generic one included with the $20 Pilot foglights, just cut a hole with a dremel and popped it in. But I am so mad now, as I was trying to get the console back into place, and gear level pushes against the console right behind where I cut the hole for the switch, and I forced it causing the plastic between the gear level and the switch to snap. So now I have a janky looking break in the console, but luckily the switch still holds in place. Just going to have to clean it up with a dremel, make it look less like a break, and more of a pointless modification. :p

Comment

• Torque, no solder, no heat shrink, no soldering iron. Open barrel terminals, the same as what comes from the factory. It's safer, due to constant bumps and vibration.
                Open barrel means not twisting the copper strands after removing the insulation.
                The terminal ears are curved downward into the middle of the copper strands. Then a second set of ears is curved downward into the insulation.
                My radio wires were also hacked into when I bought my car. I replaced it with unviolated radio wire from another Festiva. No problemo.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 05-26-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• Back under the knife.
                  1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                    Back under the knife.
                    what went wrong
                    New build on the way .

Comment

• Super happy to annouce I pulled 40MPG out of the B6 over the trip back from Ohiostiva. That was at 67MPH most of the way back. I figured 65MPH on my speedo, my GPS was saying 67, so yeah.

Other than that, I put on a 1.6L badge from ebay on the hatch. Also replace tdhe red painted stock oil cap with a shiny red aluminium oil cap ordered from ebay as well.
                      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 05-27-2014, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• What does your 1.6 badge look like? I bought one on eBay also. I am debating if I should put it on the front fender or not. I am thinking I will leave my twin carb badge off as well, and keep the Festiva logo only. Besides, I want my trailer hitch to do all of the talking for me.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 05-28-2014, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• These are he ones I got. I wouldn't recommend them, they trick you by saying they are aluminum, they are thin and feel very cheap, and the only thing aluminium about them is probably the foil they put in it. They are more stickers, not badges.

The Pictures does not do Justice to the Quality of these Emblems ,They Look way Better in Person than in The Pictures. 1.6LRED Emblems (. VMS Racing Aluminum Emblems Are made of High Quality 3D Embossed Aircraft. ).
                          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 05-28-2014, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• I bought mine on eBay Australia.
                            They have another one listed for cheap.

The Toyota badge is $10

The Cortina badge is very expensive.

Comment

• I did a lot today.

*1st off on Squig: I put another drivers door on since the other one was leaking. I replaced the hatch with an LX hatch. The other one had the dark tinted windows on it that G-dine doesn't like.

*2nd, replaced the battery on Shadow. Got home from Ohiostiva and a few days later the battery was dead. The old one was recharged but super hot, so it was time for a new one.

*3rd, on Blue, painted some interior parts and installed a full center console.

*4th, Worked on getting the ECU out of Silver Streak (formally Red). I'm going to the JY Monday to pull a ECU out of a Festy there.

Here is the hatch on Squig.

Blue getting the plastic interior painted.

Silver Streak having brain surgery. lol!

Last edited by muleskinner; 05-29-2014, 10:11 PM.
                              1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                              1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                              1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                              2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                              2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                              2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                              1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Topped off Flash's fluids...realized I will need to repair/replace the windshield wiper fluid system. Also bought the cup/cd holder I am going to replace the original with.

Comment

Working...
                                X