Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One winter I got to the Buffalo airport ahead of time for a flight to New York City, I had a big parka on and laid down for a snooze. Someone pulled up and flung their door open and hit my car with me in it. Boy they were scared when I jumped out in my huge parka. Six feet of anger in a huge winter parka. What's the big idea of smashing your door into my car like that? How much are you going to give me to fix it?
    Last edited by bravekozak; 11-09-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• *throws wallet* *runs*

Sent from the trash can.
      1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
      2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
        Im sorry I spammed your phone lol

Sent from the trash can.
        All good buddy lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Drove my stock Festiva.....
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• TIL what a pain in the butt it is to replace stock brake lines with stock brake lines on a northern Festiva
            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
              TIL what a pain in the butt it is to replace stock brake lines with stock brake lines on a northern Festiva
              Im so glad mine are all new lol one of the reasons my aspire swap took so long, all new stuff.

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                TIL what a pain in the butt it is to replace stock brake lines with stock brake lines on a northern Festiva
                This would be a good chance for you to prevent that rust if they're all newer lines. Give them even just a coat of primer. As far as I've seen overall in Canada, the cars are eat up with rust. I've precoated the bottom with some red oxide just to prevent that from happening to mine. I am however, making most of the body rusty, so it kind of defeats the purpose. It will be only surface rust though.

-James
                Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                  This would be a good chance for you to prevent that rust if they're all newer lines. Give them even just a coat of primer. As far as I've seen overall in Canada, the cars are eat up with rust. I've precoated the bottom with some red oxide just to prevent that from happening to mine. I am however, making most of the body rusty, so it kind of defeats the purpose. It will be only surface rust though.

-James
                  You think this will work?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Black oxide still rusts after a while so I can imagine the same would happen to red

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
                      Black oxide still rusts after a while so I can imagine the same would happen to red

Sent from the trash can.
                      Despite the fact that it will rust over time. A few months of winter up north arent going to cause a cleanly painted surface to rust for a while imho.

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                      And yes, I think that will work fantastically. My festiva was originally from new York and it still has all those original lines and they're no where close to rusting nor were they before I painted them. That yellow will look wicked under there too! 👍

-James
                      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Yeah, my brakes lines are getting pretty bad.

I still think Ohio probably is one of the worst states, if not THE worst state for rust. I have seen like 10 year old cars with large holes down the length of the doors from where they rusted out. Dodge Caravans seem to be the biggest problem vehicle for this, also those Caravans get wicked bad strut tower rust. My friend's girlfriend's mother's Caravan has a hole in the strut tower almost as big as my fist.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                          Yeah, my brakes lines are getting pretty bad.

I still think Ohio probably is one of the worst states, if not THE worst state for rust. I have seen like 10 year old cars with large holes down the length of the doors from where they rusted out. Dodge Caravans seem to be the biggest problem vehicle for this, also those Caravans get wicked bad strut tower rust. My friend's girlfriend's mother's Caravan has a hole in the strut tower almost as big as my fist.
                          Yeah. The northern part of north america is bad in general for rust. But so long as you keep up on checking it and washing the underneath of the car it general won't grow, unless you completely neglect it.

-James

Comment

• Changed the oil today. I generally go about 6k miles on a change when I'm running the ol Royal Purple. And I took it 6.5k this time.
                            In any case, since Canadian Tire wanted $15/qt for the purple stuff, I went with a full synthetic that marketed as comparable to the Purp on the shelf. They also didn't have the K&N or Mobil1 filter that I normally run, so I got the best Fram they had for the money. Pics attached of the goodies. Maybe this oil will work out as good as the Purp. And so far, with the general Lucas stabilizer I add, it seems to be running good.
                            Here's the stuff. On sale $5.89/qt. Filter was $13.

-James

Comment

• Not really a festy.....but bought a 2002 GTP for only 2k!

Comment

• just bought this festiva saturday, its an 88 carburated 1.3. my goals will be first to do the aspire brake swap, I will then focus on what type of engine swap I want. looking for an easy swap that will bolt directly up to existing mounts and transmission. one question I have is since my engine is carburated, will I need all fuel injection crap or is there a b6 carburated swap? more to come, I am 43yrs old and I have loved these cars forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X