Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from getting my Aspire swap. $150.00 & they pulled it. Nice lookin Blue Aspire hit from the rear. Looks like someone took good care of it , Front breaks look fairly new, all ithe pins & parts still shiney. Good looking seats & motor not to dirty on the exterior. He's gonna keep it for awhile to part out. Troyt's Auto. in Tampa, 6120 Jensen Rd.
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• You will love those!
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• For the life of me I can't seem to find a good guide for the complete noob on doing an aspire swap in an '88 festiva.

Now with 100% more autocorrect fail!

Comment

• I had to bite the bullet with two partially stripped brass windshield wiper nuts.
          Ebay M18 X 1.0 tap to the rescue.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 08-02-2013, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bob^3 View Post
            For the life of me I can't seem to find a good guide for the complete noob on doing an aspire swap in an '88 festiva.

Now with 100% more autocorrect fail!
            Look on clubprotege,com. They have a complete write up. I dont know where its located on the site look around in the Tech. section.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Replsced coolant sensor. Still got cel. Found o2 was wiggling in the hole and all white. Replaced with used one from b8. Will drive it later. The sti connector how to has no pics, i have copious plugs with no homes near my coil. Will take a pic and host so someone can spoon feed me later. 45 mpg with a cel it full of win in my book. Cant wait for mpg cam and new numbers
              Last edited by getnpsi; 08-02-2013, 04:53 PM.
              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Cut out new tail light gaskets from craft foam sheets, cleaned up the area behind the tail lights and the replaced using the new gaskets (on Tootsie)

Replaced the LCA bushings on Trixie with new ones that I got from bravekozak.

Comment

• Changed the oil.
                  1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                  2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                  1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Going to help a fellow stiva with BP turbo take out his engine and take apart to take to shot to get bored.
                    ;
                    www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                    rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                    '92 Festiva L M/T
                    '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Originally posted by RhodeStiva View Post
                      Going to help a fellow stiva with BP turbo take out his engine and take apart to take to shot to get bored.
                      I don't think he'll be too bored if he gets 'shot'!
                      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                      1988 LX 5-speed
                      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• re-inflated the tires to 40PSI.

They must be slowly leaking air since they are a bit dry rotted. Will just need to get tires before winter rolls around.

Hope to do an Aspire, and Rio Swap before then too.

Comment

• Took apart my first swoopy spring. The tool was a little too tight! Wouldn't you know it, there are three ball bearings that roll in three dish holes. They are steel and rust easily. I wonder why Mazda specified non-stainless ball bearings for an outside swivel mirror? I measured them. Sure enough, they are exactly 5 mm in diameter. Time to wire wheel, paint and grease. The goal is no squeaks when the mirror is swivelled.

Where can I get 316SS marine ball bearings here?
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 08-04-2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• JB welded thermostat housing gave up on the highway, and had to get towed since it dumped all the coolant all over the highway.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                              JB welded thermostat housing gave up on the highway, and had to get towed since it dumped all the coolant all over the highway.
                              Never ran down the edge of road, mud puddle, and a tee shirt to screen it? Water is better then walking! Or a tow bill.

I keep 2 gallons next to spare tire for this reason.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                                Never ran down the edge of road, mud puddle, and a tee shirt to screen it? Water is better then walking! Or a tow bill.

I keep 2 gallons next to spare tire for this reason.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
                                It would have just spit it all back out onto the highway faster then I could move it.
                                Last edited by TorqueEffect; 08-04-2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X