Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastidipped (again)the festiva today.
    went from white(plastidipping in progress)

to(today in progress)

to finished(gunmetal gray)

Comment

• Originally posted by b1gballin View Post
      Plastidipped (again)the festiva today.
      went from white(plastidipping in progress)

to(today in progress)

to finished(gunmetal gray)
      Nice,!!!!"

-James
      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Hooked up with Motoxpress and SVOfanatic, then went to PAP Charlotte and pulled a set of wheels and a full B6T swap from an XR2.

Note: This is the last time I will be using this yard for anything and I discourage anyone else from using their services. Long story short - If I'm going to pay market price then I'll use a yard that charges the same and pulls the parts for me.

Afterwards, we went back to Motoxpress' shop and pulled an all nighter to fab and install my new full stainless steel exhaust system. Fired the car up last night without the muffler and soon realized there was NO WAY I could drive this car on the street without a muffler!!

And although I typically can't stand the sound of straight pipes, I have to admit it sounded really good and reved super fast! I'm thinking of taking a vid and posting it before we install the new muffler :mrgreen:
        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

• b1, those red wheels would look even better on my green Festiva. Are the wheels powder or plasti? I almost thought you had a second mirror on the passenge side. Just a reflection.

I changed my fuel pickup filter today. Replaced it with a Denso. Nice.
          Also replaced my shifter stabilizer bushing today. Big difference. Great feel. Nice.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 09-16-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            b1, those red wheels would look even better on my green Festiva. Are the wheels powder or plasti? I almost thought you had a second mirror on the passenge side. Just a reflection.
            Then you would have to name it Xmastiva, lol
            The wheels are Plastidip.

Comment

• put some exhaust on my new aqua car

Comment

• Put a new clutch in the car, added some Energy Suspension Bushings for the sway bar, new control arm bushings, and new brake hose for the drivers side that had been leaking. Bought the clutch set from Oreilly's, called Brute Force, 86 bucks with an account. I LIKE the way it is set up. It feels really good.

The springs are big and meaty compared to the others I have used. Since I always find flat spots and eventually develop chatter, this gives me some hope. The finger count on the pressure plate is higher, but they are skinnier. Not sure how that is going to effect things. Still, it drives great for a cheapo depot clutch.
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Re-packed the bearings on the '89 as it was howling a bit.. realized both rear brakes were sticking a bit (e-brake is rusted apart, need to fix that soon). The bearing grease on the passenger side looked original.. seriously. It was cracked and hard, but the bearing looked good. Took away a bit of the noise.

Funny how I've done bearings so many times on the '90.. I can do both sides in about 35 minutes total, from out of the house to get my tools, jack it up, take it off, slap it back together.

White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                  White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                  1988 LX 5-speed
                  ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Ordered a set of ITN .020 pistons for my B6 swap motor. $35 including shipping.Thanks for the Rockauto discount code.
                    Jack Byrd,
                    1991 Capri
                    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                    1970 Chev C10
                    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Installed my Scosche radio kit, so now the radio isn't flopping around in the dash, and applied the "Real Drivers use 3 Pedals" Sticker to the back window.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                        applied the "Real Drivers use 3 Pedals" Sticker to the back window.
                        LOVE IT! :mrgreen:
                        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                        Zulu Ministries

Comment

• And now I need to figure out why my radio is not coming on now. =/

Comment

• Ah, memory wire broke loose, shorted and blew the fuse. All fixed now.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
                            Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-17-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                              Put a new clutch in the car, added some Energy Suspension Bushings for the sway bar, new control arm bushings, and new brake hose for the drivers side that had been leaking. Bought the clutch set from Oreilly's, called Brute Force, 86 bucks with an account. I LIKE the way it is set up. It feels really good.

The springs are big and meaty compared to the others I have used. Since I always find flat spots and eventually develop chatter, this gives me some hope. The finger count on the pressure plate is higher, but they are skinnier. Not sure how that is going to effect things. Still, it drives great for a cheapo depot clutch.
                              I've used BF clutches for years on everything from cars to work trucks... only ever had /one/ that failed prematurely, and I called for the warranty, they replaced the whole kit for free, shipped to my door, no questions asked. That one was about 12 years ago though. Can't say how their policy is now.

Comment

• Replaced the "beep" with a "HONK!" Horn from a Pontiac Bonneville.

Comment

Working...
                                X