Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    Thanks...
    Had some scuffs but they came right off....best thing I've found to clean the plastic parts is a Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponge and water.
    Cleans it up like Magic.
    Holy crap!!!..... drool .......hot water? cold water? magic water?, ha! ha!......so how bad were the scuffs? Those look freaking incredible!
    Last edited by Twistiva; 09-19-2013, 06:40 PM.
    88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
    88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
    91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
    93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Did massive amounts of cyclone donuts, with clouds of smoke being produced

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by bmxmonkey33 View Post
        Did massive amounts of cyclone donuts, with clouds of smoke being produced

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
        Without pics, it didn't happen........:toothy8:
        Jack Byrd,
        1991 Capri
        1988 Festiva LX, 240K
        1970 Chev C10
        1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
          Pretty much the only way to go. I buy full Capri xr2's for $300 take what I can sell some more and scrap the car for $300. It sucks but once a car is so far gone its just best for parts.

This is the reason I haven't finished my aspire rear swap. They killed me just getting the front from a junk car and then have to replace everything anyway. Stupid.

You nailed it right there. Every time I've pulled an Aspire swap I ask myself why am I pulling the rotor and caliper since I'll be replacing them anyway and all I really need is the knuckle...but they always charged a decent price for the whole assembly and it's easier to pull than parting it out on the spot. They've since went up on all their prices and seem to have gotten more greedy. I wonder if I pulled a swap now if they would charge for the rotor, caliper, knuckle....maybe even the bearings and seals based on last weeks experience

In other Festiva related news. Motoxpress and I tweaked the new stainless exhaust system some more last night and I ditched the Yosh pipe in favor of a Borla. It's louder now, but sounds way better....and definitely doesn't sound like a stock B3 anymore
          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Put on my FordFestiva.com stickers the other day! Otherwise running happy!! Knock on wood!
            1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
            1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
            1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
            2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
            2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
            2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
            1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
              You nailed it right there. Every time I've pulled an Aspire swap I ask myself why am I pulling the rotor and caliper since I'll be replacing them anyway and all I really need is the knuckle...but they always charged a decent price for the whole assembly and it's easier to pull than parting it out on the spot. They've since went up on all their prices and seem to have gotten more greedy. I wonder if I pulled a swap now if they would charge for the rotor, caliper, knuckle....maybe even the bearings and seals based on last weeks experience

In other Festiva related news. Motoxpress and I tweaked the new stainless exhaust system some more last night and I ditched the Yosh pipe in favor of a Borla. It's louder now, but sounds way better....and definitely doesn't sound like a stock B3 anymore
              These are the problems i'm having with my local yards anymore. Used to be you could pull a complete engine for 200, didn't care what was still attached to it... now they want you to strip everything off AND they're charging a 2% surcharge for all parts AND their core prices are low enough that it's almost not worth it to take your parts back to them AND they're charging more seemingly by the day.

Comment

• Got a set of Rio power windows and arm rests from 91bluefestiva and contracted with Christ for an A/C system, going for a loaded Festiva.
                Jack Byrd,
                1991 Capri
                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                1970 Chev C10
                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• It's not loaded unless you also have cruise, power steering, power locks and a power antenna.

Comment

• I've got cruise and power locks.
                    Not sure there's enough space for a power A pillar antenna.
                    And who needs power steering in a Festiva? Just more stuff in the way.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• O.K., then how about lighted vanity mirrors?

Comment

• Today i broke the passenger window crank. Replaced with grey window crank off the other car. Then it broke tonight when i rolled up the window. 35 dollar power windows or 30 dollar billet handles? decisions decisions LOL
                        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                          Got a set of Rio power windows and arm rests from 91bluefestiva and contracted with Christ for an A/C system, going for a loaded Festiva.
                          Door arm rests only or center console as well? I notice that the rio interior piece in the middle might work in festivas as its smaller.
                          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• How does telescopic steering wheel and glovebox cooling work?

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                              It's not loaded unless you also have cruise, power steering, power locks and a power antenna.
                              Got the power locks, plan on cruise, shark fin antenna and so far I'm not feeble enough to want power steering.....yet....
                              Jack Byrd,
                              1991 Capri
                              1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                              1970 Chev C10
                              1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                                Today i broke the passenger window crank. Replaced with grey window crank off the other car. Then it broke tonight when i rolled up the window. 35 dollar power windows or 30 dollar billet handles? decisions decisions LOL
                                Lube the channels to prevent this. I use white lithium grease.
                                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                                X