Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending pm requests to bobby for stickers...thought of another one...DAILY DRIPPIN, in same perty font
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
      Ordered me this sticker for the back window.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAL-DRIVERS...item19de667c8b
      I have this one
      1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

• Ahahaha.. put that sticker on the back of a huge 70's caddy, right on the bumper.
        Last edited by Spike; 09-14-2013, 10:36 AM.
        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
        1988 LX 5-speed
        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• My other car has a turbo. Boost leak city. I am very proficient in the ties of the zip.
          1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
            Thanks.... I'll be stopping in your town tomorrow for a family reunion at the Edneyville Community Center.
            nice meeting you & your wife today! im glad we could get that short meet & greet in, thats a nice car by the way. thanks for the brownie yummydrool
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Yesterday 121 died on the way to work.. Okay, I got to work, but had to left the 121 beside the road..
              Towed it to home in the evening, I took the carb off the car, took it apart

Yep, crap inside.

It's actually somekind of gasketglue... I have to give a call to my friend about it, because I had 121 couple of weeks ago on his shop for welding rear arch and he said that 121 stopped idling, so they took the carb off and cleaned it...

But okay for now. Today I really cleaned it, painted few parts also and adjusted the float level.
              This is how it turned out:

Installed it to car, didn't test drive yet, only started. But it started fine and revved very steady with choke on. banana time
              Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
              It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

• ^^^ Love your signature LOL.

I have a white coupe fully loaded with oversized grippy tires.

It's an '89LX with 13" winter tires.
                Last edited by Spike; 09-14-2013, 05:33 PM.
                White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                1988 LX 5-speed
                ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Crank pulley bolt loosened off pausing both the alternator/water pump and A/C drive pulleys to wobble. Made some unpleasant noises in the process and threw the A/C belt. Discovered that the crank seal was leaking too. So... replaced both belts and the crank seal. Installed a harmonic balancer in place of the plain alternator/water pump drive pulley. Also installed the brand new timing cover set I picked up in the recent Fourgreen group buy.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Pictures or it didn't ever happen!
                    What do you mean harmonic balancer?
                    From what car?
                    Is the B3 balanced with the flywheel?
                    I can't remember seeing where the holes or weights were added to the crank and/or flywheel.

Static + dynamic balancing

http://www.balco.com/index.htm
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-14-2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Stock B3 & early B6 had a plain metal pulley. The later B6's had the damper type. I'll post couple of pics tomorrow... it was not a good day as the local McParts store got two of the three parts I ordered wrong so I wasn't thinking of photos.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Installed the aspire master and booster. On aqua

Comment

• Did nothing but drive it today.

But I got back from my last run of the day at work, and someone left note with one of the managers there at autozone with a phone number to give to me asking where I got the Cooper Tires for my Festiva. (Didn't know the other employees even noticed I drove a Festiva. lol)

Called the guy, and talked to him for a bit. Very nice guy, we bs'ed about tires and wheels, and other things briefly, then we talked about possibly meeting up sometime to talk about, and show each other our Festivas.
                          I did mention the forum here, and he knows about it and has been lurking here before.

He did talk about a Aspire swap he was finishing up, and trying to find a brake cable for it since the Aspire he got his swap off had the cable cut.
                          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-15-2013, 12:30 AM.
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Just get one of the guys who installed a brand new Avella cable from Four Green to give him their old one.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 09-15-2013, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• Installed my Fordfestiva.com stickers.
                              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                                nice meeting you & your wife today! im glad we could get that short meet & greet in, thats a nice car by the way. thanks for the brownie yummydrool
                                Was great to see you in person. Glad you liked Bessie... made it to Louisville today with no problems..back home Thursday.
                                See you again soon at Madness....I'll bring more brownies.

Comment

Working...
                                X