Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery cables. I did the easy one and not the positive one. Positive got cleaned up and a new terminal for now. Havent decided to do a relocate yet. Bought new power mirror switch, added black mx3 window cranks that seemed fresh enough, eyeballed ford contour console but no festivas at yard to test fit as in my interor topic i posted.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Pulled the auto out if my aspie & found more broken casing than just a lil hole under the cv joint. After taking the TQ out we can see the spider gears thru a finger length gash. Now to source a cheap replacement. *sigh*
      Last edited by Miah; 09-27-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Dropped the subframe on my festiva and removed whats left of the slushbox and old heater hoses. Next is dropping the pedals so I can replace them with 5 speed pedals.

Sent from the trash can.
        1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
        2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Got my 3 wire Denso heated o2 sensor installed today
          Along with the "add a circuit"

Car is much more responsive at lower rpm and part throttle driving now.
          Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• FINALLY rejetted my Weber correctly. I've been lazy and haven't gotten around to it.

What a difference. Hopefully my 30MPG will go up.. that's been fairly annoying. :p

In other news, buying a set of Enkei knockoffs (I think, anyway) tomorrow, 5-spoke/dual pattern (4x114.3 + 4x100) with 175-70-13 Cooper winter tires on them (supposedly 80% tread..). I think the Sprint will be pleased.

-Joe
            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
            1988 LX 5-speed
            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
              FINALLY rejetted my Weber correctly. I've been lazy and haven't gotten around to it.

What a difference. Hopefully my 30MPG will go up.. that's been fairly annoying. :p

In other news, buying a set of Enkei knockoffs (I think, anyway) tomorrow, 5-spoke/dual pattern (4x114.3 + 4x100) with 175-70-13 Cooper winter tires on them (supposedly 80% tread..). I think the Sprint will be pleased.

-Joe
              Good luck with the rejet. How about visiting the Weber tuning thread and let us know what engine you have and the jets you ended up with, also your results after you have a little time on the new carb.

Thanks,
              Jack Byrd,
              1991 Capri
              1988 Festiva LX, 240K
              1970 Chev C10
              1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Hauled Jack's 88 LX down to Will's in NC.

They traded for this!

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Put some LED's in my brake lights and license lights. Look cool. Might do more as the night wears on
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Bought these! Haven't sold stockers! Hiding oz's at moms until i do!
                    Attached Files
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Pulled an aspire manual rack pinion.a master and booster.also got a b6 carb dizzy and b6 exhaust manifold

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                        Bought these! Haven't sold stockers! Hiding oz's at moms until i do!
                        Suwheeet!
                        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post

I want it!
                          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

• Me too. BAD.
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Nice!

I love the Pinto. I hate how they get such a bad rap because of the rear end collision fire issues. My father was a Police officer back when these were common, he saw just as many if not more car fires with other models, than Pintos. It is just some Douchewad made a big public case about it. Now whenever you say Pinto to someone, they immediately think deathtrap.

My father actually owned one back in the day, and he loved it. Hell he even said he saw one that was rear ended by a semi, no fireball.
                              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Pintos are the reason all unibody cars have the gas tank away from the rear of the car. I like the way they spoof it in movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X