Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NICE find! such a shame to see a clean white festy in the yard
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
      Nice looking Festy there! Someone might want that rear hatch! And surely those rims could be had cheap!
      Aluminum wheel rims there are $20 each.
      1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
      1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
      1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
      2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
      2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
      2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
      1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
        Aluminum wheel rims there are $20 each.
        Plus a $15 core charge, unfortunately.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Snag the thermostat houseing & the speedo gear/tranny dipstick for sure. People are always breaking them.
          If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
            Wow that looks great!

I know I will be snagging the rear wiper stuff, will be much cheaper then buying the entire hatch. Just a few measurements, and drilling a quarter sized hole in my current hatch, and I can install it.

How bad is the scratch on that wheel? I may consider snagging those rims as well.

Definitely want the driver side fender if it isn't dented, been looking for a good white one.

Also, got a question for ya muleskinner. Did it have A/C? I have been looking to start getting together all the stuff to install A/C.

Edit: On second thought, I won't have the money for those rims. They want $35 per aluminium wheel, plus the added cost for the tires (Yes they charge for the tires there.)
            My paycheck probably wouldn't be able to cover those, and everything else I want.
            The fender is straight on the drivers side.
            It had AC and still might have some components to get you started. The other white one that was there a month ago had all the AC components in it. You should have grabbed those!
            The hatch is in great shape for a little over $60 after returning the core. One wiper arm is $10 & the wiper motor is $16. I would probably get the hatch if it was me.
            The scrape on the wheel rim edge was about 6" long and can probably be buffed out. 1 cap was missing on one of the wheel rims.
            Last edited by muleskinner; 06-21-2013, 10:58 PM.
            1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.

Mike

Comment

• How did the tires look? If the tires look good and have plenty of tread, that will be a steal if I can get them all for under $200.

Comment

Plus a $15 core charge, unfortunately.
                Oh! I didn't know they added the core charge on the cost of the wheels?! I don't think they did that to me when I got the 12" steelies and tires.

Mike

Comment

• Finally got the oil pan gasket in correctly. Ran the car for a bit with no leaks!! While the car was up on the jackstands I also replaced the shifter bushings at the transmission end of the linkage. I call tell that there's a big improvement even without driving the car. These are the ones I picked up in the recent Fourgreen group buy... thanks again to Bravekozak

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                  Last edited by fastivaca; 06-21-2013, 11:05 PM.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

How did the tires look? If the tires look good and have plenty of tread, that will be a steal if I can get them all for under $200.
                    The front ones are used up the back ones are just ok.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
                      The front ones are used up the back ones are just ok.
                      Will have to think about it while I am there next weekend, unless someone snags them first.

But also, but you probably just didn't notice the core charge on steel wheels since it is so low. The core charge on steel wheels is only $1

Also I remember steel wheels being $7 a piece there, looks like they upped the priced to $10 per steel wheel.
                      How much did they add for the tires on those steel wheels you picked up?

Sorry about all the questions. lol
                      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-21-2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Get me the front knuckles and hubs please!!!!! I'll PayPal you Monday shipping and all!!!!

-James
                        Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• I was gonna say I think I paid like 75ish for my hatch at a PnP and I thought that was a reasonable price. Plus you'll get the nozzle already on it and the wiring for the motor.
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Will have to think about it while I am there next weekend, unless someone snags them first.

But also, but you probably just didn't notice the core charge on steel wheels since it is so low. The core charge on steel wheels is only $1

Also I remember steel wheels being $7 a piece there, looks like they upped the priced to $10 per steel wheel.
                            How much did they add for the tires on those steel wheels you picked up?

Sorry about all the questions. lol
                            Thats ok, I wouldn't waist your time on the tires I would remove them and just take the wheels.
                            I don't remember how much I paid for each tire, but I know it was cheap.

Mike

Comment

• Is that too big a deal to do?
                              Text me if you can with details 1-828-216-7149

-James
                              Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• And make sure the preload spacers are in there If you don't mind.

-James

Comment

Working...
                                X