Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I bought B6T electronics for my rear-mount turbo =)
    91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
    Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
    Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

• Had to push out the corroded 1989 terminals from the R/H parking lamp and turn signal connectors, then reterminate. The harness is now 3/8" shorter. My issue is with grounding only. If you shorten one wire, you might as well shorten the other.

With the front wheels off the ground, I centered the steering wheel so that there are the same number of turns from left to right. Wire wheeled the threads on the steering rack arms and coated them with anti-seize compound. Eyeballed the wheels straight. Ready for alignment.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 11-05-2013, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• if you were to heat the console could you lean on it and it would bend for you...and relocate the seatbelt accepting brackets? I'm still on a quest to get something that looks half decent and provides an armrest
        1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
          if you were to heat the console could you lean on it and it would bend for you...and relocate the seatbelt accepting brackets? I'm still on a quest to get something that looks half decent and provides an armrest
          look at the capri xr2 consoles or any capri console I guess.i had one but didn't take it out of car it looked a lot like it would work and had an armrest with a cubby made into it

Comment

• Made some brackets for my rad support so I can reinstall it after I cut it out! Ripped out a kia rio front tranny mount and a bf 323 passenger side mount see if I can make this crap work with the aspire sway bar.

Sent from the trash can.
            1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
            2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Thought the rear pax wheel bearings needed grease, so I changed the grease only to have it get louder in roaring. So I had to do double the work to replace them. I suppose that's the price I pay for guess-diagnostics Lol. Anyways. I hit up the Canadian Napa and got both the inner and outer for $11. Threw some Lucas Xtra Heavy Duty green grease in there and she's brand new. I am however now in the market for the spindle but that turns to the right to tighten. Anyone know if that's the passenger side or the driver side? Both mine turn right to tighten and I have forgotten over the years.

-James
              Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Im dumb...I can check tomorrow lol

Sent from the trash can.
                Last edited by defprun; 11-05-2013, 11:52 PM.
                1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Reverse threads (left hand) are normally on the passenger side.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Today I installed my $35.00 tach cluster and I simply drill the hole in a spare plastic non tach and broke a few tabs off screws right in no glue and no mess. I could have spent a little more time on it but the $80 savings is worth a little bit of a hack job. Really low miles and everything works but the temperature seems a little low. My other implied savings is it easier to find orange buttons and controls to match the rest up

Oh yeah if you're pulling your cluster pull your fuse that says meter or you will have a heart attack and thank you broke your car because the fan will turn on when you put the key back in and the warning lights will flash the wrong thing and goes all kinds of psycho lol. Since I got such a good deal on an untested eBay part I thought that was the culprit at first and then I put my original cluster back in and it was doing the same thing haha
                    Last edited by getnpsi; 11-06-2013, 03:49 PM.
                    1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

• I think I probably have some orange switch if you need them.

I have a few more too. Can't find the pictures. But the top two in that pic are orange switches. I think the bottom dimmer switch is also orange.
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
                        Reverse threads (left hand) are normally on the passenger side.
                        So I need the drivers side (right hand thread)

-James
                        Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• Yesterday front left wheel bearing came to it's end. Rapid destruction, I drove few kilometres and it started to make noise, the stopped, because noise came much louder and also something started chaffing..

Today we towed my 121 to my work, got new bearing. After work changed it. The inner bearing was totally shot..

And now I'm little bit worried how long it will last, 'cos noticed that the spacer from the middle is missing...
                          Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
                          It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

• I am so scared of all of the bearing horror stories that might as well do aspire swap at any sign of trouble
                            1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

• Originally posted by Maikel View Post
                              Yesterday front left wheel bearing came to it's end. Rapid destruction, I drove few kilometres and it started to make noise, the stopped, because noise came much louder and also something started chaffing..

Today we towed my 121 to my work, got new bearing. After work changed it. The inner bearing was totally shot..

And now I'm little bit worried how long it will last, 'cos noticed that the spacer from the middle is missing...
                              I had this exact problem, except I was driving along and the wheel locked up.
                              Took me months to come across one of those spacers. However I was able to grab a spindle that had one at the junkyard.
                              Make sure you don't just throw one on the spindle that's in there. They're spindle specific. So if you can't find a spindle and spacer pair, you'll need to go to the kia dealer and ask them to do a preload test on that wheel. I think its like $135 per bearing, but they do all the work and put a spindle in that fits exact.
                              I know the heartache, godspeed on finding one.

-James

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                                I am so scared of all of the bearing horror stories that might as well do aspire swap at any sign of trouble
                                Just thinking that, expect I live in Finland. We don't have Aspire, or Rio here. :cry_smile: Thinking that could 121 DB brake parts work as same as Aspire/Rio stuff?

Originally posted by frankenfester
                                I had this exact problem, except I was driving along and the wheel locked up.
                                Took me months to come across one of those spacers. However I was able to grab a spindle that had one at the junkyard.
                                Make sure you don't just throw one on the spindle that's in there. They're spindle specific. So if you can't find a spindle and spacer pair, you'll need to go to the kia dealer and ask them to do a preload test on that wheel. I think its like $135 per bearing, but they do all the work and put a spindle in that fits exact.
                                I know the heartache, godspeed on finding one.

-James
                                I trying to use search to find instructions for those spacers. I looked Mazda EPC, there are 21 different spacers, they start from 6,285mm and goes to 7,085mm wide. Could they be same in left and right?
                                Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
                                It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

Working...
                                X