Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the '89:

Poor man's oil change: 2 quarts Full Synthetic 10W-30, 1.6 quarts cheapest 10W-30 Wal-Mart had (had in the back of the Auto 'cause it burns so much oil). Used old oil to spray underbelly, as it will be snowing in a few days. ONE NANOMETER SNOW = 1,000,000lbs of salt they shall spread. Curse you, Indiana.

Finished complete rear brake job minus left-side leaky wheel cylinder.. line bolts were too rusted to remove without replacing the whole line. Carefully 'rebuilt' cylinder using the new parts, left it alone.. we'll see how it goes. I think it's dragging a bit, the e-brake adjuster was frozen (thought I freed it up, guess not). More fun coming today.

-Joe
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• SE cluster into an aspire. Changed the odometers out.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Cleaned about 40 pounds worth of junk out of the hatch, and pulled the donut out to throw in one of my old 12" steelies. Never actually inspected the donut, but I am glad I did because there was a huge flat spot on one side with the belt exposed.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Today installed my orange number/lettered tach and speedo, got steering clunk fixed. Slowly but surely getting all the little things fixed up.
          92 GL, 98k
          77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• What's steering clunk? and how did you fix it?
            Last edited by bravekozak; 12-05-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Same as Inidiana, they spread salt on the roads like a plague. I stole a can of antiseize from work and sprayed the entire underside of the car with it LOL.

Yesterday I installed my new coolant sensor from Crazyrog, but it still doesnt work...and amidst trying to get my idle proper, headlights adjusted, cleaning the garage, fixing that sensor and deleting some vaccuum hoses off the ex-aspire motor I didnt have time to unwrap the harness to see what's going on. Maybe tonight Ill get more time with it after work. On the plus side, the car is as fantastic as you would expect a stock b3 to pwerform on the highway!
              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• And my wiper sprayers dont work. They worked before...I know they did, now they dont. I checked the motor, the wires were spliced before but I cut and saudered them back together and no dice. Checked the wires and connector...the connector was loose, threw it back together...still no dice. Pulled the connector apart...there was some coolant in the connector for some reason....hit it with brake cleaner...waited for it to dry...threw it all back together...still wont work. Maybe conveniently the motor blew. I have a spare motor from the aspire.
                1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/61823358@N06/11224630025/
                  SE cluster into an aspire. Changed the odometers out.
                  Nice job and great "write-up".
                  Jack Byrd,
                  1991 Capri
                  1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                  1970 Chev C10
                  1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Bought 4 175/65r14 moto masters today. Haven't installed them yet because Canadian tire "won't install tires that aren't factory". So I'm gonna get a guy to test fit one for me, as I'm sure the clearance (front is cut 1.5coils and the rear perch may be issue) may be a problem.
                    Time to get the heat gun and baseball bat out I think.

-James
                    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• (Recently)................drawing up different designs for my seats to be reupholstered. A shade of brown/beige with black on the sides. It will look COOL! :-) Also surfing the web for new carpet, talking to an upholstery shop, etc.

(A week ago or so).....bought an underseat tray from 'shadetree'.

(2 days ago).............changed the brakes on the front.

(Today)....................bought a cubby storage bracket (My '88L doesn't have a cubby. Yet.)
                      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                        What's steering clunk? and how did you fix it?
                        My steering clunk: when I turned the wheel it had a click/clunk as I drove.....there's a little U-joint where the rack and the column connect and that had worn out....after just 78k...????? But the new/old one fixed it and now I have smooth steering. :thumbs_up:
                        92 GL, 98k
                        77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
                          Bought 4 175/65r14 moto masters today. Haven't installed them yet because Canadian tire "won't install tires that aren't factory". So I'm gonna get a guy to test fit one for me, as I'm sure the clearance (front is cut 1.5coils and the rear perch may be issue) may be a problem.
                          Time to get the heat gun and baseball bat out I think.

-James
                          I believe they should work just fine for u.i run 175-70-14 on both mine

Comment

• Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
                            (Recently)................drawing up different designs for my seats to be reupholstered. A shade of brown/beige with black on the sides. It will look COOL! :-) Also surfing the web for new carpet, talking to an upholstery shop, etc.

(A week ago or so).....bought an underseat tray from 'shadetree'.

(2 days ago).............changed the brakes on the front.

(Today)....................bought a cubby storage bracket (My '88L doesn't have a cubby. Yet.)
                            bravekozk had the rails for that underseat tray

Comment

• managed to get me a stylus bumper from Nashville ,tn pap only a 200 mile drive there and back but worth it I guess

Comment

• Nice find! Though I probably would have found a way to put it inside the car for the trip home!
                                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                                Random Festiva Parts
                                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                                X