Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished up my new turbo swap.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• That Probe wheel is wild!
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Forget the steering wheel, I'm concentrating on the cruise controls. Do you have to swivel it back and forth? Is set combined with coast? It is different than mine. I have a set button on the end of the stalk! How many pins were there in the cruise connector for your switch? Three or four? Did you take the 626 cruise on/off switch also?
        Last edited by bravekozak; 11-01-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          That Probe wheel is wild!
          Ha ha, thanks.

I have got so much praise on this steering wheel, I think I might have started a new trend. 1st Gen probe steering wheel swaps.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          Forget the steering wheel, I'm concentrating on the cruise controls. Do you have to swivel it back and forth? Is set combined with coast? It is different than mine. I have a set button on the end of the stalk! How many pins were there in the cruise connector for your switch? Three or four? Did you take the 626 cruise on/off switch also?
          It is the the swivel back and forth with no set button, so I assume set and coast are combined, and I believe I remember it being a 3 pin connector, because I only saw three wires. And no, I didn't really look too much since it was raining when I was at the yard, plus I didn't even really think of a dash switch.
          But after getting home and saw that you are working on getting the cruise control system from a 626 working in the Festiva, I was thinking I should have got the rest of the CC stuffs in case you found a simple way of adding it.

EDIT: Also I just checked the yard's inventory on the website, looks like they already crushed that 91' 626.
          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 11-02-2013, 08:45 PM.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
            Finished up my new turbo swap.
            Looks good Mike!
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Did an oil change. Only cost $5, since I had a mix of 10w-30, 5w-20, and 10w-40 in the garage. Not the best thing, but I figured the 5w-20, and 10-40 would balance eachother out.

The $5 went to a PureONE filter.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                Did an oil change. Only cost $5, since I had a mix of 10w-30, 5w-20, and 10w-40 in the garage. Not the best thing, but I figured the 5w-20, and 10-40 would balance eachother out.

The $5 went to a PureONE filter.
                Worth every penny!

Now you'll be ready for ohiostiva.
                Last edited by rmoltis; 11-02-2013, 09:54 PM.
                Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Went to a 100-mile-away junkyard today on a 70MPH highway.. didn't get over 72 on the way there, but on the way back someone was toying with me. I dropped down to fourth to accelerate and realized I had a top speed of 78.

When I got home, realized one of the spark plug ends (nipples? the part that connects to the plug wire) broke off, leaving me on 3 cylinders.. These were brand-new plugs 5k miles ago.. sigh.

Explains my 30MPG last two tanks.
                  White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                  White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                  1988 LX 5-speed
                  ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Painted my race wheels for tomorrow...
                    -Greg
                    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09
                    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                      Painted my race wheels for tomorrow...
                      Gonna count the revolutions in a slo mo camera?
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Over the last month, I have replaced both CV axles, both front wheel bearings, outer tie rod ends, LCA's and ball joints, shifter bushings, headlights with new Ranger replacements, multi-position headlight switch (had bad dimmer), battery terminals, fused links with PAL fuses, transmission fluid, engine oil and filter, air filter, rewired audio 12V power that was on constant hot and installed a 12V power connector in place of a removed cigarette lighter.

To do list: Replace dome light and 12" wheels/tires

Thanks to all whom I have gleaned knowledge from on this site!

Dale
                        "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
                        “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

• Originally posted by dalebwilson View Post
                          Over the last month, I have replaced both CV axles, both front wheel bearings, outer tie rod ends, LCA's and ball joints, shifter bushings, headlights with new Ranger replacements, multi-position headlight switch (had bad dimmer), battery terminals, fused links with PAL fuses, transmission fluid, engine oil and filter, air filter, rewired audio 12V power that was on constant hot and installed a 12V power connector in place of a removed cigarette lighter.

To do list: Replace dome light and 12" wheels/tires

Thanks to all whom I have gleaned knowledge from on this site!

Dale
                          We need photos please. What Ranger lights did you use?
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• These are what I used:

"Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
                            “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

• Sounds like you are ready to go cross country, we need pic's of the car.
                              An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dalebwilson View Post
                                Wow, that's cheaper than going junking.. nice.
                                White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                                White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                                1988 LX 5-speed
                                ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Working...
                                X