Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I did a press fit with a Honda Civic console. I do want to get the back piece that has the armrest rather than the flat one but as you can see for I can just slot switches holes and put my seatbelt receivers through or actually remove and replace. The only issue is on the driver side. the metal bracket needs to be bent nwards about an inch. Do not drill new holes in the Honda plastic you would just need some metal straps total Home Depot garbage will work here. IMO total nice fit no gap headed up towards the dash and the glove box area. What is going to hurt financially is trying to find the double din audio package for the civics people really want a lot of money for them. Once I have it I think it will really class up the interior and make it useful.
    Attached Files
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Yeah, past couple days on startup been having lots of lifter clatter. Used to be just one lifter now I am hearing 2 or 3. I would run sea foam or mmo, but I'd rather not open plugged up leaks that I know I have. Like I know my rear main is leaking, but slowly enough that I don't have to worry about it.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• My phone really wants to wash everything out but my car has tan interiorand my console is gray. I discovered rustolrums version of billymays flex seal leaves behind a really nice texture I hit my step rails with it in black and it looks sharp. I kick them all the time and it has not come off yet. I will probably hit my console black for a budget match up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
        1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

• I'm having the lifter noise as well on way to work but my other b3 is not where I can get at it so I'm just hoping for warmer weather and just keep driving it. I imagine it's probably a little more oil burn causing damage doing this because you're not getting a good lift. Oh well have you seen the Z series thread haha

Last edited by getnpsi; 12-25-2013, 06:19 PM.
          1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

• Not what I did, but what the guy who bought it did... finally got it running by replacing the spark plugs and wires [which was all it really needed to be started when I parked it], but noticed it had a bit of a knock [I already told him it's not a bearing, it's because there's a bad injector, but he doesn't believe me], so he's putting a Miata BP into it, I guess.

In any event, they pulled it up out of the yard and into the driveway so it can be hauled/driven out of there after Christmas [so within a week or so, I guess]... and so ends the legacy of the blue Festiva. I'll miss the little... car. [I have others... and probably will soon acquire 2-3 more.]

Comment

• Knock? Check the firing order for giggles. 1342 ccw on the distributor
              -Zack
              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Is there a substance that isn't bad for the engine that will allow more heat buildup rather than use the cardboard? Sounds like a hard thing to explain to an insurance company

sent from the depths of hell.
                Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km
                City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Had a mini meet for our traditional xmas dinner!

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Gone down to -15, using rotella 15w40 motor a TAD sluggish but no valve tick.
                    Last edited by defprun; 12-26-2013, 06:31 AM.
                    1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                      Is there a substance that isn't bad for the engine that will allow more heat buildup rather than use the cardboard? Sounds like a hard thing to explain to an insurance company

Sheet iron drooped front and back over top.
                      What I did a few years ago, while neglecting the $4 thermostat.... Heh

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
                        Gone down to -15, using rotella 15w40 motor a TAD sluggish but no valve tick.
                        Glad to hear another man that believes in viscosity! Thin oil shoots out the journals

Cushion for the pushin! Erm, I mean, bearings....

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• Try 90w.. Did that.. Engine was running like a dream.

Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                          Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                          Highway - 7.32L/100km
                          City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Read "Bob is the oil guy", google it. All oil is the same at operateing temp. Just different at startup, where you need the thinner oil .
                            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• When I had more money than brains, I used to run straight 20 in the winter and 30 in the summer. Now 10W30 multigrade all the time.

Comment

• If you are still running 50 50 coolant I would go up to like 80 or 85 percent coolant remember race cars use a lot more water than antifreeze to dissipate heat. try doing it backwards

1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Working...
                                X