Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is very similar and same brand as the one I put on mine and I like it. I don't think it will last long though.
    Jack Byrd,
    1991 Capri
    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
    1970 Chev C10
    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Fixed the driver's door speaker wiring. (Again)

Also my hatch power lock actuator crapped out again so I hooked the lock tumbler back up. (Which needs a new o-ring now.)
      I just don't get it, the ones in the doors have been working since I installed them and I know they get wet from rain seeping in the door, but the hatch one has crapped out twice and inside the hatch is dry as a bone, I just don't get it.
      Maybe they are not designed to operate in a horizontal orientation?

Thinking about installing a Viper power lock system, replace this ebay crap.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I bought my Viper 211HV on eBay.
        I am using a Mazda MPV horizontal hatch actuator and have had no failures.
        Remote progressive locks with light flash and horn honk is my favorite mod.
        I really enjoy pushing that button and seeing and hearing everything work just like in a Lexus.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-29-2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• So the 211HV has progressive locks, so one unlock click for Driver's door, two clicks for all doors?

Awesome, I may order the one from Amazon though for $10 more, since the amazon ones are not refurbs, and I can use my friends Amazon Prime to have it faster.

EDIT: Just realized it doesn't come with actuators. =/ Guess they are cheap enough on ebay. Can get 4 so I can have 3 spares for less than $20.
          Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-29-2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Freed my parking cable using advice from this thread. A piston on one of the wheel cylinders was seized, so I took the boot off and moved it with the help of penetrant. It eventually fell out, so I got a chance to bleed the brakes.

Also took it to the car wash.
            pimpfuntop.jpg

Comment

• Torque, don't forget about some relays! You will need to buy three for progressive (but worth it).

3d, you may not believe me, but I have never used a car wash, hose, bucket or sponge to wash my car since 2006. I have only used a tack rag + paper towels with some glass cleaner. I have never ever waxed my car. I have covered it up for about the last five years. Does rain count?

Comment

• Got the elbow grease out this evening. Trying to pretty things up a bit for Westiva...

Replaced the wheel bearings passenger side rear and repainted both drums. Replaced the damaged brake hardware and touched up the caliper paint on both fronts. Started getting the replacement hatch prepared.

And here's why...

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                Last edited by fastivaca; 06-29-2014, 09:29 PM.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• I like polished aluminum.
                  -Bryant

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Torque, don't forget about some relays! You will need to buy three for progressive (but worth it).

Oh I thought the unit did that automatically. =/

Comment

• GJ on the aluminum!
                      1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                      2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
                        GJ on the aluminum!
                        Thanks.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Daughters car, "Smooth Criminal."

Had to tow her back the other day from 200 miles out. 89 carby that would start, run for a couple seconds, then die. Checked for blocked cat, checked for collapsed fuel hose, replaced it on GP's, pic shows her about to check filter in tank. Replaced fuel filter. Saw plenty of fuel in carb, so texted the great and powerful Arty. Followed his advice, cleaned out the bowl, and the criminal is smooth again!

Running around outside the asylum again with my tappy talky appy
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gomez View Post
                            I like polished aluminum.
                            I like polished 304SS.
                            I made a bull bar for my CJ and it was magnificent.
                            Unprotected polished aluminum tends to oxidize quickly unless coated with laquer or oil.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 06-30-2014, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Friday I picked up an 89 LX 5spd that I bought last Sunday on CL. The ad said " needs an inexpensive part that is difficult to replace". The problem was that the timing gear to cam bolt had broken and someone had given a price to repair that made the owner push it into a garage to sit for 6 years. It took me about an hour to get the broken piece out with my new left hand drill set from HF. Now I await delivery of the 89 shop manual to try and make sense of all the vacuum lines that are disconnected.1404135090620.jpg
                              "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                              "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                              "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                              "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                              "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                              "Wenona"-89L parts car
                              "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

• jawja, if the vacuum lines have been disturbed, good luck. In my opinion, it's not worth burning any brain cells. I recommend a non feedback carb swap. I had an 89 with the same problem. Did you get any comments about the blue flames?
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 06-30-2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X