Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled all of the a/c system besides the wiring and evaporator. That condenser is a REAL bear to get in and out. Also fixed the memory function on the Prelude seat, one little spring came off, just found where it was supposed to go and bam, no more manually adjusting the seat after leaning it forward.
    Last edited by Pu241; 04-17-2014, 09:59 PM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Pulled the spindle caps to find out I have crush nuts instead of the castellated nut and carter key.
      So have to buy new ones for the new drums/bearings/seals going on soon.
      And maybe find out why I have no rear brakes.
      Guess I better have a set of new brake shoes just incase too.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• pulled the old carb out to make way for the new one. no wonder it revved up high and low so much, almost every vacuum hose had leaks or was frayed.

Comment

• Went to jy with Karl and pulled some wrong parts but got some correct ones too. Anyway got home and started on engine mounts again. Got it lined up and where I want it. Now to start cutting, bending, and welding.
          -Bryant

Comment

• I don't have door speakers, I have the 2 in the back and it looks like I'm supposed to have 2 more in front on each side of lower dash.....?

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
            6 1/2" Pioneers in the doors 4 inch pioneers in the back. That's my suggestion. :p

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
            '93 festiva L, 5 speed.....All stock....

Comment

• Originally posted by CUCUY View Post
              I don't have door speakers, I have the 2 in the back and it looks like I'm supposed to have 2 more in front on each side of lower dash.....?
              If you don't mind cutting holes in your door cards, and drilling screw mounting holes, then running wires through to the doors, you can mount them there. It looks like they planned on having door speakers, but never went through with it.

You can just stick with 4" speakers in the stock locations, but I feel 6 1/2" speakers give allot better bass, and sound overall than any 4" speaker can give.

Comment

• If you remove the door panels, you will find cutouts that will hold the 6.5 speakers. Both my cars have/will have them in the doors. I'm using Kicker 6.5's in the doors with a Pioneer radio. Sound is very good. My silver 90 has a 10" sub and together they shake the car with a little over 150 watts total power.
                Last edited by Team Lightning; 04-18-2014, 12:54 AM.
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Just ordered a new Pioneer head unit and 6.5" speakers for the doors. Finally came up with some extra cash and got annoyed by my current head unit, just rear speakers/sub, and right-channel-only fm transmitter.

The new deck is digital with bluetooth, aux and fm (no disc player). Now to find time to install it before I start working 50 hours a week and take 6 credit hours for the summer lol
                  -Zack
                  Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Replaced some vacuum caps, and the PCV hose, and still can't figure out the high idle, and the loping by 50 rpms.

Disconnected the IAC valve plug, wouldn't stay running without it connected.

Hooked up the B3 ECU to see if the B6 ecu was playing up, it ran like complete butt on the B3 one.

Grounded the STI, and tried setting the idle lower, and idles quite rough at anything under 1k.

I am at a loss. I have saturated every possible area that could have a vacuum leak with starting fluid, and nothing.

About to go try the B3 VAF, and see how that works out.

Comment

• Installed my htchbck rebuilt front hubs, all inner & outer tie-rods along with boots, 2 new front tires, front end alignment, & finally some horribly cheap wheel covers.

Comment

• Rotated the tires, removed the IAC valve to soak in some MMO, retested the tps, guess I didn't move it far enough before because it came out of adjustment again, so I re-adjusted it and retested, tightened it down, and tested again.

Comment

• I actually drove mine today, roughly 100km on it

Felt great to finally enjoy it again

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• got my weber carb in the mail and my struts from oreillys today!

Comment

• Realized my car needs a lot more love than I've got time to give it.. Wheels are peeling and corroded, pads and rotors SUCK, all the rust holes are only getting bigger and my camber and alignment are off.

Today though, I pulled the caliper guide pins to clean with the abrasive pad grinder, grease and reinstall. I'll be getting free warranty replacement Wagner pads soon but I really should do the rotors and bearings at the same time.
                              -Zack
                              Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
                                Well, finally after 10 years of looking thru a cracked windshield I got a new one. It only cost me 158.00 which I thought was a good price and they came to my house.
                                15.80 a year.. Not too shabby.

Sent from the depths of hell.
                                Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                                Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                                Highway - 7.32L/100km
                                City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Working...
                                X