Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is the exhaust?

Sent from the depths of hell.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Chrome is something I would do

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
        How big is the exhaust?

2-1/2"

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Any particular style you're after?

Not sure if you're aware of this.. The reason why one of the SHO tips is purple and one is yellowish is due to how the exhaust is setup.. Apparently the cause for this is because the purple tip is setup to exhaust more gases and gets burnt due to this reason.

It would look good with SHO tip.

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• Why would I do what SHO guys do? That's not my style to follow in line with everyone else

I don't have an SHO engine and its a festiva

The style of tip will made of steel, possibly from china, I don't care, something simple to keep the hot exhaust from burning up my bumper

Hell I don't care if locate the muffler more forward and put a downward tip on it so it blows the exhaust towards the road, as long as I don't cause more heat damage

I'll find something local that's simple and works

Comment

• Had to do a mini rescue mission to the tony cash car a buddy bought a while ago. This morning threw some tools in the car and an auto starter? I happen to have. Showed up and swapped it out in 45 mins flat .... festy back on the road!

93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
              RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
              RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• Solution.
                1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• This one is better. More Chris's style, you know... bigger!!

-Bryant

Comment

• I can't stop laughing.

Anyway, I changed my oil today and found that I have a rear main that is now leaking. Crap!!! it looks like it got bad quick.
                    Last edited by Gomez; 04-27-2014, 12:33 AM.
                    -Bryant

Comment

• That is seriously just wrong lmao

Comment

• Clean a bit of the trash out.

Also gave the B6 its first oil change since being installed. Oil that was in it was just sitting in the engine while it was sitting is zoom zoom's driveway, and I have no idea how long that was. :p
                        It was pretty gnarly, very black oil.
                        I also noticed zoom zoom used a Festy filter, because the filter I picked up was for a 89' tracer is significantly smaller in size, but they both fit all the same.

I think I would rather go for the smaller filter, as that may help with quicker oil pressure build up on start, even though the larger filter would have more filter material and would allow a longer filter life. But my filters get changed every oil change anyway, unlike some people who do it every other.

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                        That is seriously just wrong lmao
                        Clearly fake though. Very poor photoshop job.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Got the ball Rollin on my paint job. Got done with all the stupid bondo final wet sand and few coats of primer.
                          I took before pics with a phone that won't send pics , but I will have pics of the progress soon.
                          Doin black roof , bumpers, grille, factory type black trim around windows, black rims. All rest of the body red. Smoked corner and tail lights.
                          91 festiva L five speed red/black
                          74 Honda cl200
                          89 festiva Lx efi automatic grey
                          90 festiva L aqua blue parts car

Comment

• Resonator that looks like it was added by the previous owner started falling off...making the entire exhaust sag. I cut it off and ghetto'd a flex pipe in there for now. My stumbling idle has pretty much been cured! Pieces of the resonator were clogging the exhaust for sure.

Didnt bother with an exhaust shop since Im going BP soon.
                            1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                            2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                              Why would I do what SHO guys do? That's not my style to follow in line with everyone else

I don't have an SHO engine and its a festiva

The style of tip will made of steel, possibly from china, I don't care, something simple to keep the hot exhaust from burning up my bumper

Hell I don't care if locate the muffler more forward and put a downward tip on it so it blows the exhaust towards the road, as long as I don't cause more heat damage

I'll find something local that's simple and works
                              It was just a suggestion.. I didn't say you had to do it.. However I did say it would look good with one.

Be your own person.. I was just giving my input..

Avg Economy:
                              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
                                Resonator that looks like it was added by the previous owner started falling off...making the entire exhaust sag. I cut it off and ghetto'd a flex pipe in there for now. My stumbling idle has pretty much been cured! Pieces of the resonator were clogging the exhaust for sure.

Didnt bother with an exhaust shop since Im going BP soon.
                                Makes me wonder if my B3 exhaust setup is choking the B6 and causing my idle issues.

It is a B6 manifold, but everything else is oem Festiva diameter pipes chopped and welded together, but does have a mesh flex pipe instead of a cat.
                                Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-27-2014, 07:46 PM.
                                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                                X