Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my block. No cracks. Woooooo! I have received my valves springs rings seals and oil pump. Excitement.
    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
      Put in my freshly painted black cargo cover.

You gave me an idea to fabricate a carbon fiber cargo cover. Thanks.

Comment

• Guess what im doing tonight.
        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Sleeping?

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            Sleeping?
            Not yet

95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Noooooo I have clearancing issues, noooooooooo. My turbo drain hits the crank shaft im going to try to cut it down. Cross fingers.
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Installed a Heli-Coil in my transmission. The threads were stripped out where the tranny support bracket bolts to the tranny. Its all good now
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Got everything off the head but valve/springs, will I need to clean hla's while I got this all out?
                  95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• uhhhh, showed it to a fellow forum member who is thinking about buying my festy..... only time will tell....
                    '93 festiva L, 5 speed.....All stock....

Comment

• Bought a paper cone filter at Advance yesterday. The Teenager behind the counter was drooling at all the things that have been done to my car. I do have hope for him though. He was impressed at Shadetree's engine swap work he mostly liked the idea of the brake swapping that can be done on these cars. His boss even let him come out to look at it for about 10 minutes. The boss drives a Miata so he kinda understood. lol
                      Last edited by Gomez; 07-06-2014, 07:36 AM.
                      -Bryant

Comment

• I stared at the empty but greasy engine bay. I'm wishing the money tree would start growing.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
                        1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• Put the a/c idler pulley on the block, repositioned the VAF with my newly installed red mushroom filter.

Pulled the home-made downpipe gasket, and installed a proper one I had laying around.

Pulled out the a/c evaporator so I could properly clean the dust out of it.
                          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Put the a/c idler pulley on the block, repositioned the VAF with my newly installed red mushroom filter.

Pulled the home-made downpipe gasket, and installed a proper one I had laying around.

Do you happen to have a photo of the bolt that goes into the side of the compressor bracket and also holds the dipstick tube?

I cannot find this bolt anywhere.
                            95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

I would recommend installing a cabin air filter before putting it back in.
                              Also, it's a good time to replace the O-ring on the expansion valve.
                              Last edited by bravekozak; 07-06-2014, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                                I would recommend installing a cabin air filter before putting it back in.
                                Also, it's a good time to replace the O-ring on the expansion valve.
                                Yeah, I will definitely look into a cabin air filter, and yes I should replace that o-ring on the expansion valve, I honestly didn't even think about a o-ring being there.

Originally posted by Chobobulous View Post
                                Do you happen to have a photo of the bolt that goes into the side of the compressor bracket and also holds the dipstick tube?

I cannot find this bolt anywhere.
                                I long since lost this bolt too. I honestly don't think it is necessary.
                                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                                X