Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
    ^ No close up(s) pic(s) ?
    Power mirror pics as requested:

Comment

• Very nice power mirrors. They look very good on a yellow Festiva.
      I am glad that members share old parts with other members.

Funny, but for some strange reason, I have this craving for something banana-flavored.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 06-27-2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• I picked up my ceramic coated valve cover today.

I am well pleased.

B6 headers will be coated next.
        Last edited by bravekozak; 06-27-2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          I picked up my ceramic coated valve cover today.

I am well pleased.

Dude, that looks awesome, how much?
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Too much. $50. I expect the headers to be about the same price or $10 nore.
            The ceramic should tolerate the heat far better than my inorganic cad red which smoked and turned brown. Valve covers don't need to be ceramic coated. Only non stainless exhaust
            Last edited by bravekozak; 06-27-2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• I like that. I'm also digging the clear powder coating i have had done recently.
              -Bryant

Comment

• Currently in the middle of installing a new valve cover gasket. But wanted to paint the valve cover Ford Red, so I cleaned it the best I could by hand and now the second coat is drying.

I also went ahead and installed my new ebay steering wheel since I wanted to go back to something flashy. http://www.ebay.com/itm/380928121671...84.m1423.l2649
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I hope that doesnt bend in half in your hands...
                  1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                  2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Tore into my b6 check out my build thread!
                    91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                    06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                    95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Originally posted by defprun View Post
                      I hope that doesnt bend in half in your hands...
                      I tried to after I pulled it out of the box, nice and sturdy structurally. The screws will rip out of the boss adapter before the wheel bends.

I think the main steering wheels you have to worry about are the ones that blatantly try to rip off name brand wheels by name and design trying to make it look like the real thing and trying to pass off as such. Like NARDI, and MOMO steering wheels.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

I presume you had the glass rolled down when you bent it.
                        The Festiva uses simple lock rods. It is very easy to open without using a crowbar at the top of the door. I will make a post explaining the door latch operation.
                        I also recommend using Magic Eraser on the gray TPO (thermo plastic olefin) bumpers.
                        Brave -

Does the 'Magic Eraser' bring back the nice black color???
                        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

I picked up my ceramic coated valve cover today.

I am well pleased.

Ha! Ha! For some strange reason I suddenly want to go clean the engine bays on all my Festivas! :-)

Nice work, Brave!

Comment

• It gets rid of all the ugly blotches and darkens it slightly. You would really have to get your elbow into it if you want black. Look at my bumper in today's best pic thread. Sorry, I personally don't believe in painting bumpers with anything less than OEM flexible acid catalyzed paint, on a buck, in the paint kitchen at Rimply.
                            Last edited by bravekozak; 06-28-2014, 10:16 PM.

Comment

It gets rid of all the ugly blotches and darkens it slightly. You would really have to get your elbow into it if you want black. Look at my bumper in today's best pic thread. Sorry, I personally don't believe in painting bumpers with anything less than OEM flexible acid catalyzed paint, on a buck, in the paint kitchen at Rimply.
                              Brave, looks pretty danged nice! So does the Magic Eraser take off / remove a layer of the bumper cover plastic? All 4 of my Festivas appear to have lived much of their lives in the sun. Bumpers look incredibly dry.

Comment

• Magic erasers are super cheap. So buy a lot of them. Yes, they scrub apart and destroy themselves while abrading the surface of what is being scrubbed. Estimate about three or four per bumper X 2 X number of cars. Buy 10 boxes (two per box) and roll up your sleeves.

Comment

Working...
                                X