Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Painted the wheels red for Spud.
    Then I replaced the Alternator.
    Then I kept having trouble with the rear left drum leaking fluid.
    And today I will likely make a post about that...
    14894375_993888568393_1615979093_o.jpg

Car #789
    Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
    1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
    1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
    http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

• Got the oil catch can mounted....

Now to sort through this box of hoses to hook everything up...

Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• ...and finished getting the "new to me" winter tires ready for the season. Wheels were repainted and rebalanced (took the weights off to paint the wheels). Cleaned up a set of center caps after picking the best four. I picked these up at PnP last spring... they're Hankook i-Pike RC01 155-80R13 studded tires. $80.00 on rims fo all four with lots of life left in them.

It's 18°C (64°F) here today so I'll be waiting a bit to install them.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• 48 hours to go, and then I'll bring home the last of four Festiva's from a collection who's owner passed away at the end of last year. But the bonus car in the mix is an MX3 that I actually feel like I am stealing...

The property was sold to a next door neighbor who has absolutely no interest or respect for anything smaller than an F-250 truck! When he quoted me $300.oo for both of these cars ($150 EACH), the hardest thing on earth for me to do was to just shut my mouth, think about it, and say:

"Yes Sir!"

When someone is so prejudiced against a particular car that they under-sell it, that is the time to say "I'll take that, got anymore?" :highly_amused:

By this time Sunday - I will have seven cars & trucks, and a Ranger chassis, a trailer, two of the cars run and drive, one car and one truck are highly modified, and the MX3 just might fire off with very little work at all.

~Not bad going, considering last year at this time I had no running wheels at all.

Since January of this year (2016) when I decided that no matter what, I had to drive SOMETHING - I have turned things around 200%.

What's funny? The looks on peoples faces when I tell them I rarely spend more than twenty bucks a month on fuel...

True happiness is running 75 MPH with the A/C on full blast, carrying more stuff than most people can in a BIG car
          ~ And not having to park it because you can't afford to fill it up again!
          Last edited by Greywolf; 11-04-2016, 08:53 PM.
          Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• It's not stealing GW, it's a form of "rescuing" !

Comment

• Pulled the 97's master cylinder Friday just need find the time to install. It sure does freak people out though when I tap the brakes twice. Drove it almost 100 miles this week and probably need another week for my hearing to recover. Actually had a offer to buy it also.. as rusty as it is I think he needed new glasses.
              91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• I'm re-thinking my options. What was going to be a donor car is now looking like a better chassis than the one I bought yesterday (YEP! Bagged it...).

The one I got yesterday is in worse shape than I realized, and it will be next weekend before it leaves the woods. Front tire doesn't hold air, the damage to the roof is minimal, but something stabbed right into the cowl in front of the windshield lower edge. It was hidden by the pile of leaves on it.

There is also no ignition key for it, although the title papers are clear and in my safe. This means I have to go out there a couple times this week not least of which to remove the ignition lock so that the steering wheel can be turned...

But yesterday was a fabulous success! I now have the MX3 in the drive, and it cleaned up really well. Got two dents to fix, and it needs me to shoot a new skin of paint on it - I'm thinking a shade of emerald green that almost resembles Heineken bottle glass. I can probably just chuck the hood and slap another one on - since the underhood supports are separated and the dent on it is in a bad place. The dented fender almost looks like I can pop it with a heat gun. It will need the seats re-done, and dark green velvet plush is my first choice (the color of money).

Engine turned out to be a 16V DOHC 1600 non-turbo B6-D, rated 107HP.

The "BENTLEY" (because it's BENTLY and BROKELY) is a complete machine, and I can use every bit of that on the other red car I already have here.
                Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• my OCD took over again. put a new wash bottle in from 4G in the X but it just didn't look right all nice and white in a grungy wheelhouse sooo. days later. now that's better. i'm taking sort of a "Christine" approach to the refurb on this car. just sprayed 1/2 the wheel well. gotta take out the strut to finish it right.
                  i always liked body color wheel wells rather than black. it highlites the other underbody bits and hardware which i find more beauty in than even the nicest polished fender or hood. bummer that i had to cover it up with the splash shield.

Comment

• Unfortunately some asshole rear ended mine. So i looked at it being its beautiful self ( on the good side)

Comment

• Originally posted by Justinstees View Post
                      Unfortunately some asshole rear ended mine. So i looked at it being its beautiful self ( on the good side)
                      That sucks, were your hurt and are you buying another?

Comment

• Today I cleaned up a throttle body that I had pulled from a 93 at the junk yard earlier this summer.
                        [IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

• Drove it...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Yesterday unseized my handbrake levers and repacked my rear bearings have some weird pitting the shoes but they still work so they're staying in

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                            Festiver
                            93 L find/5 speed
                            BP/g15mr swapped
                            Aspire brake swapped
                            Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                            stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                            rustful
                            maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                            advanced suspension
                            kai/skeeter camber
                            b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

• throttle body wow
                              what did you use?

Comment

• Originally posted by errjam View Post
                                throttle body wow
                                what did you use?
                                Took off the TPS, the dash pot and the throttle cable and spring and soaked it in GUNK carburetor/parts cleaner (the three quart size in a metal bucket with the little basket inside). Then use a solder paste brush to brush off the areas that didn't just soak off. After that, I lightly sanded using 1200 grit wet/dry sandpaper on the stained places that had not come out bright already. (You can a big pack of those metal handle and horse hair paste brushes at harbor freight tools really cheap.)
                                Last edited by 1990new; 11-09-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X