Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
    nice welds!
    Thanks!
    Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    Charlie, that gives me an idea for my front mount with the B6T mounted in the stock location.
    Yeah, this mount should keep the engine in the stock location, but .5" lower, for more hood clearance. I'm using spacers under the tranny crossmember. I'll post more info in Pedro the Festivas build thread. I'm building the engine tonight if all goes to plan.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Working on putting rebuilt calipers on Red Car. Seems the old caliper on drivers side is stuck. Done wore out my brake pads on that side! Pass side is 80 percent pads left on there still. The drivers side was down to about 1/32 pad left. :shock:
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Put new rear KYB struts on the rear of the 93. Starting to prepare for Westiva and then Madness.
        Last edited by bolokid; 02-06-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post

Welded an O2 bung on to Pedro's down pipe. This will be where the wide band sensor will live while I'm tuning the car.
          I like checking out stuff in backgrounds of pics...

Lets see ...Digital calipers: check! - Shaviv deburr tool: check! - Nitrile gloves to keep the hands clean: check! - Diagonal pliers: check! - Safety glasses: check!

Where's the tig welder?

This pic could have been taken at my job!

I agree...nice welds
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Originally posted by drddan View Post
            I like checking out stuff in backgrounds of pics...

Lets see ...Digital calipers: check! - Shaviv deburr tool: check! - Nitrile gloves to keep the hands clean: check! - Diagonal pliers: check! - Safety glasses: check!

Where's the tig welder?

This pic could have been taken at my job!

I agree...nice welds
            Thanks Dan! The welder lives behind me.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Last night I put the short block together for Pedro. I intended to have the pan and head bolted on too, but I forgot the pan gasket at work and the Kia head bolts I bought weren't the right ones. I've got a set of ARP studs in storage and I'll swing by work today and get that gasket. My goal is to drop this engine in Pedro on Sunday. Fingers are crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post

I modified the stock engine mount to clear the b6d timing cover and drop the engine 1/2". This works with 1 3/8" long spacers that go between the block and stock Festiva mount bracket.
                Beautiful as we have come to expect....:thumbs_up:
                Jack Byrd,
                1991 Capri
                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                1970 Chev C10
                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Today was HUGE! I finally got my car on the frame rack at work and had help pulling out my right side quarter.......it was worse than we thought, the rail was twisted which I believe was the reason for my vibration issue. So we got the quarter all pulled out and mudded it up a bit......that was the biggest issue I have with the body work....the rest is all small potatoes in comparison. Yes!
                  92 GL, 98k
                  77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Charlie, the pistons look fairly flush with the deck, is this stock height or did you get the block decked.
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• They actually stick out about .5mm . That is stock, I didn't deck this block at all.

I got the head mounted, fuel lines are in and I reinstalled the steering rack. Should be dropping this engine into Pedro Tomorrow.

Comment

• Replaced this:

With this:

"Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
                        “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

• ^Nice. Those pipes are fun to put on. Big improvement for a little work.

Well it finally happened... I broke the gas cap off its tether on my yellow car.
                          Last edited by David88; 02-09-2015, 11:26 PM.
                          '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                          '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                          '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                          '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                          '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                          '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                          '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

• Is that dual exhaust?

Comment

• Originally posted by robbylockisme View Post
                              Is that dual exhaust?
                              No. Single Walker tailpipe purchased off Ebay for $66 and free shipping.
                              "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
                              “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

• 20150207_170018_resized.jpgBrought home my donor car for the festy!
                                Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X