Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you aim them? So as not to blind oncoming traffic.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      How do you aim them? So as not to blind oncoming traffic.
      I thought that would be a slight problem and it was confirmed after we installed them that they are quite blinding. I might just wire them to turn on with the Brights or just a separate switch so that they don't have to be on all of the time.

They are on a Swivel Mount so I can aim them up and down or side to side but I don't think it will help too much. They are "Spot" lights but really cheap ones from Amazon but I am currently looking for some other options for my White car that might work better.
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Waterpump replaced, and thankfully no leaks or timing issues.
        Also my Achilles 122s were delivered today. Hope to get those installed withing the next week.

Now time for some burnouts! :p
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• New tires and wheel alignment, removed rear seat braces.

Gonna look for some cardboard to make templates to cover the open metal in the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Friends and nefarious co-conspirators, I have been away for a while. Let me tell you what I have been doing in the slack time:

1) I bought $159.oo worth of wikkid paint and supplies for the B6T
            2) I went on a RAID to Harbor Freight in Memphis TN and grabbed a STUD WELDER and an Inline Sander*
            3) I also grabbed another engine stand and some more jack stands
            4) I realized I had a quart of Dupont Chroma Base paint that I can shoot on the white car AS I DO the dents and crap.
            5) I got eight tires balanced, including four new ones that are bullet proof. The car walks right up and over the speed limit if I am not careful
            6) Came to the realization that I have two hatches that have rear window de-fogging installed

(There's more that I am sure I'll remember later)

* Lifting one of the cars with a tractor and a strap bent a perfectly straight body in a shameful way. You know above the windows at the balance point? Yeah... Right there. But I also knew that to pull out the dents in the under door sills I had to have that thing. On several of the cars I could see that someone had bent the crap out of the sills by either letting the cars slip of the jack stands, or lifting them with a forklift or some damned thing... Outboard of the jacking points there are huge dents in the body

I can pull them out now without drilling holes, this is a normally inaccessible area.

The next couple of weeks are going to be a learning experience that I will shoot video of (DOH! Go figure...)

The dent gun (stud welder) was an investment of $99.oo that I have already tried and it is seriously easy to use!

SHOOTING PAINT is a trip, and I hope to post some videos here from a high-end paint company (House of Kolor), not because I want you to spend a whole crapload of money on their products, but because what they teach you in their instructional vids can be applied to any kind of paint that you spray

~ I'm guessing AdvanceDynamix has already been there and done that...

~Wolf out
            Last edited by Greywolf; 05-03-2017, 08:25 PM.
            Most people don't drive what they want at all, and never will

Comment

• just a little project but more involved than i expected and a lot of overtime at work leaves little time to work a hobby. all new pieces from 4G. this was changed from a leaded fill pipe without flapper and a metal cap to meet US requirements.

Comment

• I painted my Aspire calipers.
                I decided to paint My Dodge Caravan calipers too!

I also started to assemble my hard fuel lines.
                You really need a vice with a groove in it to firmly hold the tube while cutting.
                I prefer a Ridgid #10 tubing cutter.

The other tools needed are a tube bender and a 37 degree flaring tool.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 05-14-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  I painted my Aspire calipers.
                  I decided to paint My Dodge Caravan calipers too!

I also started to assemble my hard fuel lines.
                  You really need a vice with a groove in it to firmly hold the tube while cutting.
                  I prefer a Ridgid #10 tubing cutter.

The other tools needed are a tube bender and a 37 degree flaring tool.
                  Nice, as always. Jack Byrd
                  Jack Byrd,
                  1991 Capri
                  1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                  1970 Chev C10
                  1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Nothing better to do today, except grind and file the corners on my battery hold down bar before taking it to get chromed.
                    Bling bling.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-20-2017, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                      Nothing better to do today, except grind and file the corners on my battery hold down bar before taking it to get chromed.
                      Bling bling.
                      Nice
                      Jack Byrd,
                      1991 Capri
                      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                      1970 Chev C10
                      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• I went to the local Junkyard this weekend because it was a 50% off weekend. Ended up pulling Aspire Calipers, Knuckles, Booster and Master Cylinder. I though about pulling the Rear Beam and Brakes but they had the car sitting on the mounting points for the Beam. Everything went pretty quickly because someone had already pulled the Trans out of the car so I didn't have to worry about the Axle Nuts.

These brakes will probably end up on a car that will be built for Towing small trailers and camping. My question is whether it would be worth it to go back and try to get the Rear Beam for braking purposes not lug pattern?
                        Last edited by firebush357; 05-30-2017, 08:37 AM.
                        sigpic
                        "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

• Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                          I went to the local Junkyard this weekend because it was a 50% off weekend. Ended up pulling Aspire Calipers, Knuckles, Booster and Master Cylinder. I though about pulling the Rear Beam and Brakes but they had the car sitting on the mounting points for the Beam. Everything went pretty quickly because someone had already pulled the Trans out of the car so I didn't have to worry about the Axle Nuts.

These brakes will probably end up on a car that will be built for Towing small trailers and camping. My question is whether it would be worth it to go back and try to get the Rear Beam for braking purposes not lug pattern?
                          The rear brakes do make a big difference in my opinion

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                          Festiver
                          93 L find/5 speed
                          BP/g15mr swapped
                          Aspire brake swapped
                          Enough little mods I can spend a week trying to remember and still not get them all
                          stripped and sold due to rust

89 festie
                          rustful
                          maybe v8 maybe field buggy wont know till the time comes

93 festie
                          advanced suspension
                          kai/skeeter camber
                          b3t/g15mr

I will own a bpt cd-5 gtx clone one day

Comment

• Finally got my Federal Formoza Gio 165/65 13s installed on Pedro. They came in Friday evening, so I got to watch them sit in the shop all the holiday weekend. Nice to get the tall tires off and have my speedo correct again.
                            "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                            "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                            "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                            "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                            "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                            "Wenona"-89L parts car
                            "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

• Steering Knuckle rebuild

During this past week I disassembled, cleaned, painted and rebuilt a left and right steering knuckles. Added new rotors also.
                              [IMG] [/IMG]

The last pictures is of a Great Blue Heron nest which is right above where I usually part one of the Festivas. Needless to say it will not be parked there again until the birds leave their nest.

In case you are wondering the left one has brown grease in it (used up the remainder of a packet) and the right one has red grease.
                              Last edited by 1990new; 06-02-2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                                During this past week I disassembled, cleaned, painted and rebuilt a left and right steering knuckles. Added new rotors also.
                                [IMG] [/IMG]

The last pictures is of a Great Blue Heron nest which is right above where I usually part one of the Festivas. Needless to say it will not be parked there again until the birds leave their nest.

In case you are wondering the left one has brown grease in it (used up the remainder of a packet) and the right one has red grease.
                                What did you clean these up with? I bead blasted a set once and then painted them but it took a decent amount of time because I'm only running a 20Gal 1.8HP compressor that can't keep up.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X