Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my E30 headlamps today. Thanks Ian! Obviously, there will be some cutting to get them positioned properly. I'm not sure just how I'll position them yet though. Loved to get them mocked up on Raltiva to see how sweet they look though!

Comment

• Installed rear wheel bearings and a new o2 sensor. Much happier with the car now. (many thanks to whoever created that photobucket rearwheel bearing write up)

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
      -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

• Originally posted by thered56 View Post
        Got my E30 headlamps today. Thanks Ian
        Glad the arrived safe and sound. They look much better in your mock up than they did in mine . Looking forward to seeing the finished product at Westiva!

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk
        Last edited by fastivaca; 11-21-2011, 07:45 PM.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by link5186 View Post
          Rode in it as the wife drove us to New Castle. Her 2nd time on the road with a stick.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk

Go Lulu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
            Looking forward to seeing the finished product at Westiva!
            haha for sure I'll have it at one of them. I've got really big plans for this car though, so it's gonna be some time. The B6T car on the other hand, should be in attendance next year.

Comment

• Made some new front bumper brackets out of stainless tubing. I made them 2" longer than the old rotted out ones. It makes the car look a lot better from the front. Before I did it like half of my tire hung out wider than the bumper.

I also scored a set of running boards from an X5 at work. I think they'll make a nice set of side skirts. Of course the need to be shortened and trimmed first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ^ Looking sweeeeeeet! We'll just refer to 16's as Dub plus from now on. Looking forward to the X5 Skirts.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Lubed all the hinges on Festiva and the 2 other cars even the house with a mixture of MMO/Mercon V.. except the old lady that was a different mixture.
                  91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Made some progress with the new front air damn. Everything attaches using 1/4 turn fasteners, so it can be removed in a matter of seconds. I also made a skid plate that attaches with the same fasteners.

Comment

• Had a new clutch installed and new fluid change, oil change, and a quick detail. Next on the list, inner and outer tie rod ends and control arm, then new struts all the way around.
                      NTRCOOL

1993 Ford Festiva GL
                      1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix x2
                      1989 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
                      1990 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham
                      1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
                      1980 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupe
                      1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Aeroback coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by rollertoaster View Post

Made some progress with the new front air damn. Everything attaches using 1/4 turn fasteners, so it can be removed in a matter of seconds. I also made a skid plate that attaches with the same fasteners.

That looks wicked!
                        NTRCOOL

1993 Ford Festiva GL
                        1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix x2
                        1989 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
                        1990 Cadillac Fleet-wood Brougham
                        1987 Buick LeSabere T-Type
                        1980 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency coupe
                        1977 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Aeroback coupe

Comment

• Preparing to start Sound Deadening Treatment. Also going to get my Snow Tires today
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• Got a title for my 92 in the mail the other day. Man, that was easy!

Comment

• Rolled it over to 70,000 miles yesterday.
                              ~Austin
                              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Drug it out from behind the shed where it has been taking a nap for the last 2 years. Cleaned it up, looked it over, put some new gas in it, fired right up like I just parked it LOL. Then threw some new xxr 15x8.25 wheels on it...pics soon.
                                '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Working...
                                X