Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
    ^^ Passenger spindle nut is reverse threaded

I've heard, instead of getting a new spindle nut people take a castle nut and drill a small hole through the spindle and put a cotter pin on. I forget the size of the nut but someone will chime in I assume
    My bad, it was the driver side rear that I had to replace, was a 16x1.5 thread, and the nut ended up being a 24mm, which is bigger than the stock nut but it still worked. The cotter pin still went in, but the aluminum piece didn't fit back on top, the nut was snug fitting so I don't think there will be an issue.

I started mocking up the CAI housing with the "election sign" material, got it more than half done, but it still needs a lid and I need to buy the 2 1/2" flexpipe for it. Not going to be pretty, but I think it will be functional, like a snorkel kit for a jeep but air will be forced up into it from the gap in my bumper. I think I'm going to need some type of drain for any moisture that might get sucked up tho.

Ordered the gauges I want, I've heard some good and bad reviews, so we'll see how it turns out.

Also on a side note unrelated to festy topics, I FINALLY got the title to the Mazda 626 I've been restoring for the last 2 months, hopefully next week I can get it back on the road!
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• I finished up my coilovers before the "hurricane" came through, just in case my barn flooded I wanted to get the festy out of there. I also installed my 3000k hid driving lights in my solid grill.

It sits a lot lower with the coils. It's was like a monster truck with the rio springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ^^ haha reminds me of when i did orange wheels on casper
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
          I started mocking up the CAI housing with the "election sign" material,
          that stuff is called 'coroplast', representing 'corrugated plastic'. just fyi.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

• Finally tracked down the strangest Festiva electrical problem I've ever dealt with. Its been haunting me and Chuck for about 3 weeks now (though I've only been able to give him a couple hours of attention a week). Had 8.6 volts showing up in all kinds of weird places, and nothing under the hood was working right. After going through a 1.73 million pages of various electrical diagrams from various sources, I noticed that if I bumped the main engine/injector harness everything turned to normal for a second. Before I ripped the harness apart and rewired everything I checked for any loose connections. As it turns out, the little ground wire that bolts down to the bracket right above the skinny bypass hose from the head to the metal heater pipe had broken loose from its eyelet. Crimped a new one on and everything is working great now. Who knew? Lol.

It was a good end to a nice day that started with bringing the newest addition home:

Last edited by htchbck; 08-29-2011, 04:33 PM.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Nicely done. Electrical gremlins have turned $5,000 cars into $200 towed away from your house.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Put new plug wires on the aspire. No more mild miss!

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
                91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                95 Grand Prix SE DD
                Wife's Stuff:
                89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Tough diagnoses but at least an easy fix.
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Got my festiva officially road legal today :headbang:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      Got my festiva officially road legal today :headbang:
                      Let the good times roll !! :happy6: :laughing5:
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                        Got my festiva officially road legal today :headbang:
                        Can't wait to see you and the car at FMV !!!
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Pulled the old windshield out of Chuck... messy affair, since it was smashed badly to begin with. Then I went up to Lavonia, picked up the new windshield (brand new, not used) and then switched out some fuel lines on BeBandit's car and we pulled the dash out of his parts car. Hopefully installing the new windshield tomorrow, but more likely it will be the weekend.
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Put it on the road! plate starts with FLE if the car did not already have a name I'd call it flea. Also received struts in the mail, picked up plugs, wires, cap, and rotor to throw in it before I drive it 5.5 hours home. Hopefully it will pay off in better mileage
                            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Spent the day cleaning, priming, and painting my manual crossmember. Got the auto one out. going to try and get my manual one swapped in tomorrow.
                              89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                              My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

• Removed broken parking brake.... Was expecting a huge ordeal with how rusty the car is, but it came right off!!!
                                Buck.
                                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X