Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. tint is necessary for Festivas. After my first 5 not having the one we just got does and it makes a MASSIVE difference. Last night in between my two jobs I put in the radiator, no more leaks And then on the road for pizza I started getting an intermittent misfire. Pulled into AZ and bought some plugs and wires, all the plugs were old, and one of the wires broke off with little resistance when I went to remove it. Its much smoother now. About to head out and put my new motor mount on before I head to work, thanks Kartracer!
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Went to Mazda Dealer & ordered parts for shifter. Nice drive from Tampa to Brandon. A couple of the Mazda employees came out to see my car. Must be a rare sight around here. I've only seen 2 others.
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• I stickied the "what have you done to 'your Festiva' thread" today....
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

• ^^ well played

and Navdoc, that sounds pretty cool, whoa the fabled 121!
          Last edited by thered56; 04-08-2011, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• lol...I've re-read this thread...oh about...every time there's a post.

guess that doesn't qualify as doing anything to the festiva tho. oh well lol
            Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• I got seriously PO'ed when the guy I was buying a nice festy from sold it out from underneath me. But did he bother to show up yesterday before it sold when I was ready to leave a cash deposit. NO, Anyways, I sent him an email asking for the buyers email so I can offer that guy money for it. I need a festy for a culminating project BP+fseries swap next year, they aren't gettin' cheaper.
              Owner of:
              1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
              In progress:
              BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• I tried to wire up my radio but apparently there is a grounding issue? I'm not sure yet... I have decided to give myself a few days to think about it while I finish more important parts of the project...
                Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                Projects in the works:
                84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• when I got my festiva I had all kinds of wires plugged into the fuse box. lol. since I've pulled all but 2 wires...I pulled the last 2 wires about a week ago and found out they go to the stereo. lol.

it stinks tho cuz before whatever fuse the positive was in my cd player had memory...now it doesn't. I'll eventually do some troubleshooting but it certainly is ghetto!!
                  Walth

Comment

• between driving mom's Festiva, working on my festiva and hooking dad up with his Festiva these last couple of months have been busy... hope you get your stuff straightened out. I can't wait to get the rebuild finished tomorrow....
                    Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                    89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                    Projects in the works:
                    84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Replaced rear wiper blade, and got an O2 sensor and fuel filter which will be going on in the morning before the trip. Also put the decent exhaust from the the white car onto the red car since the red car's exhaust was full of holes and sounded horrible. Sounds much better now, especially with the 24" cherrybomb glasspack that I've been tripping over for over three years now
                      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Replaced pass. headlight (had water in it for years) Removed fog lights, and scraped excess rubber from inside wheel wells. Oh yeah and changed the oil.

Euro is feelin' good.

Next is planning for next weeks meet.
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by simontuffguy View Post
                          i stickied the "what have you done to 'your festiva' thread" today....
                          I WIN!!!!!!!!!!

hehehe
                          Buck.
                          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• My right brake caliper was starting to stick, so I went ahead and bought two new calipers and pads.
                            $125 in parts, and now my brakes feel great!. Best thing was the pads. These were the best ones they had, and also comes with free lifetime replacement for a whopping.... $24 !!!!

Comment

• wow...did you try to loosen up the slides? greasing them, etc?
                              Walth

Comment

• Cargo light

Fix my cargo light. Made up a ground wire, Female spade connector on one end; attached to light; circle connector on other;placed under a screw. And now WooHoo, flip switch, light comes on,:happy1: Thanks to everyone for there help, info, & inspiration!!
                                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                                X