Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I repainted my front bumper today. Rattle canned it. Looks better!
    Pics aren't the best being in a dark garage.

Oh and the white part of the grill.
    Last edited by Charlie1717; 04-23-2011, 05:39 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• I am having trouble with my 1990 festiva it starts fine sometimes and other days will not start or takes forever to start, I have changed the distrubtor and coil ignition control module any suggestions

Comment

• Originally posted by jimford View Post
        I am having trouble with my 1990 festiva it starts fine sometimes and other days will not start or takes forever to start, I have changed the distrubtor and coil ignition control module any suggestions
        You may have better luck starting a new thread in the repair help area, someone will be able to help you out. Plus it will keep this thread on track.

Also add your location to your profile and someone near you may be able to help out!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
          I repainted my front bumper today. Rattle canned it. Looks better!
          Looks good! Is that a stylus bumper you got there?
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
            Looks good! Is that a stylus bumper you got there?
            Indeed sir. I like it alot. I plan on putting a front lip on it down the road. Which I think will look good.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• I put more oil and coolant in it. The daily morning routine.
              I noticed some nasty grey sludge in the oil filler cap. I think I have a blown head gasket. Probably where all my fluids are going.
              Oh well. I have a head being rebuilt and gaskets ordered and probably waiting for me at OReilly's.
              ~Austin
              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I paid $350 for this car, k?

Well today, I spent almost $600 getting new tires mounted and balanced(already had the tires, so price doesn't even include actual tire price) as well as aligned, new driver inner tie rod, and new pass outer tie rod. God I hate spending this kind of money on this car. But a) I hate suspension work, b) supposedly the inner needs a special tool, and c) I need the car by tonight.

At least this should take a huge amount of play out of the steering and maybe even increase my MPGs if I'm lucky?!
                Buck.
                -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Advance has the loaner socket to do the inner tierods. I refuse to buy one, when I can just go pick up theirs.
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
                    Advance has the loaner socket to do the inner tierods. I refuse to buy one, when I can just go pick up theirs.
                    That's good to know
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• That IS good to know.... Probably should've done it myself. ALTHOUGH!!!! After all that, they wanted to replace both ball joints/arms, to the tune of like $350. I said NO THANKKKSSSSS!!!

I just bought two on rockauto for $36.61 shipped. I'll take that over $350 any day!!!
                      Buck.
                      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• It finally ran last night as I went for a cruise with the windows down. Then I woke up to my wife telling me to wake up cause the kids are up. Other than that I have been working right behind it on my welding cart. So I guess I look at it and pondered when will I have time and money for her again. Hopefully this weekend after I finish helping a buddy put a new clutch in his 97 S-10. The bright side of things is my buddies truck starts but doesnt go itno gear whereas my festiva looks waaay better, starts, and runs for as long as she wants to which is to the end of the driveway.
                        Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickdog2000 View Post
                          It finally ran last night as I went for a cruise with the windows down. Then I woke up to my wife telling me to wake up cause the kids are up. Other than that I have been working right behind it on my welding cart. So I guess I look at it and pondered when will I have time and money for her again. Hopefully this weekend after I finish helping a buddy put a new clutch in his 97 S-10. The bright side of things is my buddies truck starts but doesnt go itno gear whereas my festiva looks waaay better, starts, and runs for as long as she wants to which is to the end of the driveway.

You are welcome to come up to the meet this weekend in Hertford,NC at my place if you want to. There are several of us getting together. If you want bring it, tow it here, whatever we'll get it right for you.
                          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• about a 2 and a half hour ride. I will have to see what the wife says. I would really like to though.
                            Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by brickdog2000 View Post
                              about a 2 and a half hour ride. I will have to see what the wife says. I would really like to though.
                              Got folks coming in from Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and various other points.
                              91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                              85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Rides SOOOOO much better!! No more shaking(cept when braking), no more shimmying, smooth, quiet, etc. YAY!

Turns a lot easier now as well. HOWEVER it doesn't handle as well as it did now that I have the 145s. Hopefully it'll be a bump to my mpg though.
                                Buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X