Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I changed my alignment settings to -2.4 degrees camber in the rear and 0 toe, and -1.75 degrees camber in the front with 0 toe.
    While I had the car on the lift I took some pictures of my freshly installed (a week ago, lol) resonator. This little resonator made a big difference in the tone of the car.

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• How did you adjust the rear camber?
      I suspect mine has some positive camber as the outer edge of my rear tires is wearing more than the front.
      I realize regular rotation would probably make this a non-issue, but I haven't rotated the rears in quite awhile because the tread was worn to the indicators.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Austin, for most applications you can use moog alignment shims ( look them up on eBay for a picture) in the rear. They are blue disks that are thinner on one half and thicker on the other. You break the little tabs off of the locations where the stub axle studs go through in the orientation that you need the shim to be for correct alignment (camber and toe). In order to get the amount of camber that I wanted I made stub axle spacers from steel and I precision ground the spacers to the angle I needed. These spacers allow me to lower my suspension drastically while having ideal camber and toe. I may produce a kit to sell in the future. Right now it's just a prototype.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          I may produce a kit to sell in the future. Right now it's just a prototype.
          I'd really like to see some parts coming out of the desert.

I've got my own mods going on now. If things happen the right way, Red Retro (aka the half-pint hot rod) will be at Madness.

M&R Metal Fab (Wiles Rd. Anderson, for any interested locals) built me these12-gauge A36 carbon Steel plate bridges for $72. They will install them as soon as I get the car to their shop. This is good news for Area Festy 1, as 72 square feet of real estate just opened back up. The frame will be sandblasted, removing all undercoating and rust from the original steel. These new bridges will then be penetrated at the best spots possible to weld the new steel to the remaining steel as well as to the floorboards.

Dimensions are 2.5' x 2" IW x 1 7/8" IH with 1" flanges.
          Last edited by DriverOne; 09-20-2012, 02:51 PM.
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by DriverOne View Post
            I'd really like to see some parts coming out of the desert.

I've got my own mods going on now. If things happen the right way, Red Retro (aka the half-pint hot rod) will be at Madness.

M&R Metal Fab (Wiles Rd. Anderson, for any interested locals) built me these12-gauge A36 carbon Steel plate bridges for $72. They will install them as soon as I get the car to their shop. This is good news for Area Festy 1, as 72 square feet of real estate just opened back up. The frame will be sandblasted, removing all undercoating and rust from the original steel. These new bridges will then be penetrated at the best spots possible to weld the new steel to the remaining steel as well as to the floorboards.

Dimensions are 2.5' x 2" IW x 1 7/8" IH with 1" flanges.
            Love this. Need finished pics.

Comment

• I finally got my tie rod ends replaced today.
              I'm making slow progress on getting ready for Madness.
              Hopefully tomorrow I'll wake up early enough and get the alignment done.
              After that, it's just mount and balance my new tires and get myself ready for the trip. Departure in just a hair under 14 days.
              ~Austin
              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Started the installation of the parking brake cable out of the 4dr Aspire. It was bear getting it out of the Aspire but the Festiva's was almost to easy to remove. The only thing I have to figure out is the bracket on the gas tank. I'm thinking a couple zip ties should be sufficient.
                91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Nuff said

==================================================

Call the authorities, Scitzz has escaped the Insane Asylum again!
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• The mighty Festiva brought it's dinner home.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Went to replace my tie rod. I was so sure I had the right part number. Turns out I need fine thread, not the coarse that took 4 days to get here!

:cry_smile:

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Added a couple of lights to Semper Fi-stiva's grill. Well, not today exactly. Actually took about a week of piddling. Before and after shots. Color difference is due to different times of year, day, and cameras.

Comment

• Charlie, I hate round lights on a Festiva. That being said, I really like what you've done!
                          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Nice jeep

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                            :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

• Painted an old pair of door panels with primer gray... PO painted it black like the 1st pic.
                              Godspeed...
                              click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
                              1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
                              93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
                              97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
                              94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
                              95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
                              97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
                              Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
                              97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
                              2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

• Yeah, I love the fake Jeep Grill. Neat idea.
                                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                                Random Festiva Parts
                                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                                X