Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not real concerned. The only thing of value in my car really is the stereo...and I can remove the head so that's another deterrent.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• I occasionally lock my keys in the car....have done so most of my life. I've had Triple A since 1985 and have had to call
      them a few times, but I have had another solution for a long time now.
      Where I used to work they took the hard drives out of the old computers and destroyed them when they upgraded to new computers.
      Before they were sent for destruction, I would take the super strong magnets out of the hard drives.

For every car I put a spare key in a small zip lock bag and put it between two of the magnets then stick it to a secret hiding place under the body.
      The magnets are really strong and take some prying to get loose so they will not fall off. Been saved several times using this method.
      Last edited by 1990new; 04-09-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
        Just wait til the pins seize up in your lock tumbler. My driver's door opens with every key I own. Used a dime once...
        Whoa!, that is NOT cool!......:thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

I just bought a very nice 7" single screen flip-out DVD receiver to install later this year. I blame BraveKozak for showing me that such toys even existed. :highly_amused:

Is there any way to prevent the pins from seizing?!?!?
        Last edited by Twistiva; 04-09-2013, 04:36 PM.
        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Originally posted by Twistiva View Post

Is there any way to prevent the pins from seizing?!?!?
          I sick the little red tube from a can of lithium spray lube in the key hole and give it a squirt occasionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
            I sick the little red tube from a can of lithium spray lube in the key hole and give it a squirt occasionally.
            1990new -

Lubing the lock, eh? OK, I'll have to try that....

Thanks!

(Ya know....life wouldn't be so bad if the thieves and liars among us just went away....)
            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Got ALL the stuff I want powdercoated together and ready finally, Just in time for the less than ideal weather forecast for the next couple of days.

Just gotta clean out the engine bay and the rest of the transmission, then as soon as the parts are done being coated, assembly can BEGIN!

I have a whole table full of parts and cups of bolts.... I'm riding that fine line of "oh crap, will I ever be able to get all of this back together again!?" That I'm sure you have all felt many times. But if you don't push the boundaries you don't learn!

I am so beyond excited. Couple more weeks and she should be back under her own power again!! w00000t!!!!!!!!!
              Buck.
              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• got the new water pump and timing belt on, pulled the oil pan off, and ordered a set of HIDs for her... tomorrow, going to check out a dirt bike and then saturday clean the oil pan and replace, sunday will be put on the clutch and tranny and reinstall into the car and hope I didn't snip any of the wrong wiring... lol
                90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
                BEFORE AFTER

Comment

This. But you should be using dry graphite lube, it's made almost solely for that purpose.

Comment

• POWDERCOATING FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    festy parts.jpg
                    Buck.
                    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

Just wait til the pins seize up in your lock tumbler. My driver's door opens with every key I own. Used a dime once...
                      Coworker helped me get in once with his house key...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Not to mention I can take my keys out while the car runs without turning it off. Trips people out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                          POWDERCOATING FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]12139[/ATTACH]
                          Where did you get all that stuff powder coated? And how much was it?
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

This. But you should be using dry graphite lube, it's made almost solely for that purpose.
                            You are correct of course... The lithium grease, while it will repel water and lubricate well, it also attracts dirt worse than graphite.

If your lock is getting hard to turn, you could give it a lithium shot, blow it out with compressed air and then use the dry graphite routinely.

Comment

You are correct of course... The lithium grease, while it will repel water and lubricate well, it also attracts dirt worse than graphite.

If your lock is getting hard to turn, you could give it a lithium shot, blow it out with compressed air and then use the dry graphite routinely.

Yep. Although as long as you don't do what my dad did last winter (borrowed my late model Toyota and tried to wash it on a cold day, and then doused all the lock cylinders with WD40 when they inevitably froze- they haven't worked properly since) you should be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                                Where did you get all that stuff powder coated? And how much was it?
                                Here in town, Midwest Metal Finishings.

Total cost(including a sway bar not pictured) was $240, however I only paid $30 out of pocket because I had won a facebook contest a while back for free powdercoating
                                Buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X