No announcement yet.

Forum Charity Project - Feisty the Festy in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can go to Walmart to the return booth and send money there via a MoneyGram, starts out at like $5 to send. My Walmart is 2200 W Danforth Rd, Edmond, OK. I'll send you my cell number in a pm and you can text me if you need any other info. I sold a set of 15x10 Weld Wheels to some guys in Alabama that needed them next day and that's how.they sent me the money. I was standing in my Walmart while he was standing in his talking to him on the phone. He says "its sent" I told the lady my name, she says "its here". Prints out the MoneyGram, then cashed it. Whatever isn't used I'll report and let you all decide what to do with it. So far my only parts expense has been the rocker assembly.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
      I've already bought the parts, no biggy though because I can use them on Mabel. She's gonna need a full rebuild so between the stuff I picked up for the head and the bottom end stuff I already had stuck back to build a B3 for my 93 (changing to a B6D now), I'll have everything needed for that project.

Advance has a Walker for $28. I've used their stuff before and have had good service from them. It's listed as a universal and an exact fit. So I'm guessing it's an exact fit when you purchase the correct size reducers LOL

We've got $150 to use. Just trying to figure out the best way to get it to Larry since he doesn't use PayPal. I think it would be cheaper for him to buy the parts locally instead of me buying them and then shipping them to him because my discount would be eaten up by the shipping cost.

Depending on what everyone wants to do, I can either refund everyones $$ and we can start over, or I can possibly mail him a cashiers check for the amount. You guys just let me know what you wanna do :thumbup:
      use mine for the car no refund needed. danny
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Good news, the cat is fine. Just needs a muffler. I'm getting ready to weld up the resonator. Festfull is supposed to be here at 1:00 pm.
        1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
        2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
        2005 Accord - wife's DD
        2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Festfull just left. We went to PAP but the muffler was toast. He got some parts off the car. We got back and got the idle up better, weird thing is, you rev it and it acts like the throttle sticks a little, but its not. It slowly comes down on its own. About a second and a half delay. But it runs okay without the muffler, not too loud at all.

But we heard a weird noise at the front driver's hub. Took the wheel off, the hub was HOT. Tried to remove the spindle nut, broke my 24" breakover bar. I was standing on it with my 275# and it broke. I'm thinking of getting the spindles off the car at PAP and just putting them on the car. Someone already pulled the tranny so the lower ball joint and tie rod and the caliper and they're off. I'll grab the.pads too as they looked new and were already bedded in. I'll get the car to her and wait till I get a muffler to put on as it won't take 15 minutes to do.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Larry, I'd love to see a picture of her with the car when it's done.
            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Yeah. I'm hoping Zanzer can send the money, I'm at a stopping point. I'm working on her car and replacing head gaskets on my daughter's Explorer. I'm still not sure how much its going to cost to fix, so I hate to tie up money in her Festy, the heads may need milled or replaced and I may not even have enough to get the Explorer back together this week. And I still don't have them pulled off, I'm struggling with getting them off to get to the machine shop. My hands are big and the room is tight and since I work in an office, the heat is unbearable. The explorer is SO much harder to work on.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

^^ Got your PM Larry. I'll get that to you today :thumbup:
                If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                Zulu Ministries

Comment

How fast do you need the money? I can send it using MoneyGram's online service but they want $20 for same day service :shock:

It's a $10 service charge for 3 day service.

You should give PayPal a second chance. It's free and it's instant :p

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

Before I found out the bearings were bad, I told her I'd have it to her by Monday. I get paid for my mowing side job next week, just go ahead and send $130, i'll cover the $20. I don't want PayPal having access to my accounts. This is how I got screwed before, numbers transposed, money taken out of my account (a lot!!) for something someone else bought, bounced checks, them being slow to do anything about it, fighting credit reports. I think its run by Satan himself.
                    2005 Accord - wife's DD
                    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Larry, I only have a prepaid debit card on my paypal account. Any time I want to buy something I load that amount of money on the card. If someone gets that number it cant be used unless money is on that card. Not trying to force anything on you but this is what works for me.

Comment

festfull, you seem to be close by Larry Hampton.
                        Could you take possession of the Paypal money and get it to him.
                        That would be faster and cheaper, if possible.
                        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by festfull View Post
                          Larry, I only have a prepaid debit card on my paypal account. Any time I want to buy something I load that amount of money on the card. If someone gets that number it cant be used unless money is on that card. Not trying to force anything on you but this is what works for me.
                          Same here. I have a separate checking account that I only use for PayPal and online purchases. I always keep the bare minimum in it, that way if anyone was to get my info or into my account they would only get a few $$.

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                          festfull, you seem to be close by Larry Hampton.
                          Could you take possession of the Paypal money and get it to him.
                          That would be faster and cheaper, if possible.
                          Not a bad idea there John!
                          Last edited by Zanzer; 08-05-2011, 09:34 AM.

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Larry is about an hours drive from me. I'm working 12hr swifts the next 6 days and I'm not sure if I can get the money to him. Larry could pick it up from me if he's off I guess. I'm willing to help if we can make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                              Same here. I have a separate checking account that I only use for PayPal and online purchases. I always keep the bare minimum in it, that way if anyone was to get my info or into my account they would only get a few $$.
                              I think thats a great idea!
                              Although, I use a CC on my Paypal and your covered for theft and fraud by the issuer.
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

^^ I did that too when I first got my PP account. I only tied it to a checking account so I could get the account verified. I've ran across a few sellers and sites that required it. Plus it helps give some buyers and sellers that "warm fuzzy feeling" LOL

WWZD
                                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                                X