No announcement yet.

Forum Charity Project - Feisty the Festy in Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to PaP and got the intake rocker shaft assembly, $10+tax, grabbed the PCV as well, will pick up a new one later. I'll throw it on after the sun goes down, jumping in the shower now, I smell so bad the dog can't stand me. Porch thermometer says 115F (that's 46C to you Canucks) it only goes to 120F.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Installed the new shaft, tick is gone. Still some smoke, but only put the used PCV on, maybe residual oil from before as well. Gonna put it up on stands tomorrow, the exhaust needs work, put my hand over tailpipe, no pressure, lotsa holes I think.
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Sweet Sounds like you may have her all fixed up.

If you think this has got it taken care of just say the word and I'll send everyone their money back.
        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
        Zulu Ministries

Comment

Not to tell Larry what to do.
          If the head doesn't need replaced.
          I be happy to put the money to be spent on shipping the head toward exhaust components.
          My guess is a mid-pipe and muffler would go a long way toward fixing that.
          I'll let Larry advise us as to what the path is forward.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I'm getting ready to go outside to put it up on jackstands to see what the dealio is on the exhaust. She said the mechanic told her the muffler and converter would need replaced. He put a.straight pipe in in place of the.converter, then put the converter back in. She spent 2k with the guy and he had it 2 months.
            2005 Accord - wife's DD
            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

The muffler is shot, found this new Walker muffler on eBayMotors for $41 shipped.

The resonator is rusted out at the seam and where it connects at the rear pipe. I'm considering cutting it out and just welding in a pipe.

I haven't taken the converter off, the mechanic said it would need replaced. The exhaust does seem choked. I found this Magnaflow cat on eBayMotors for $96 shipped. We no longer have inspections in Oklahoma. I could possibly go from downpipe to behind the resonator with just a piece of pipe.

I also haven't checked with Festfull to see if he has a system on one of his parts cars.
              2005 Accord - wife's DD
              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Food for thought.

If the cat is clogged, likely from the manlfuctioning PVC valve, can it be burned off?
                Carbon will burn in air at 600°C.
                This might be too hot for the catalyist support, which could melt.

If this is an OEM cat it was, at one time worth $80 or at a scrap metal yard.
                Which could help pay for needed hardware and/or piping from the down pipe back if you wanted to delete the cat due to no inspections.
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

It is the factory cat. I had one blow up on me years ago, ('89 Isuzu Pup) pellet type, blew glowing bb's all over the highway.
                  2005 Accord - wife's DD
                  2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

If you suspect the cat and you have no inspection then you could just break the platinum out of it. That way you can still pass a visual inspection (if they do that in your state). This worked very well on my Mustang (total of 6 cats!) and it really liked the reduced restriction

If they don't do a visual then that thing is worth some coin and could buy you a new muffler along with other odds and ends needed
                    Last edited by Zanzer; 08-03-2011, 08:23 AM.

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Hampton View Post
                      It is the factory cat. I had one blow up on me years ago, ('89 Isuzu Pup) pellet type, blew glowing bb's all over the highway.
                      The OEM Festiva cat support is a different type ceramic support.
                      More like a very narrow but long grid array in a monolithic block.
                      Can clog, but very unlikey to fall apart.
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

No I know, its the honeycomb design, Ford's superior offering to GM's inferior pellet type back in the day. I think everyone has gone to a honeycomb, less likely to clog, higher flowing.
                        2005 Accord - wife's DD
                        2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

if the car dosent need inspected run a straight pipe back to a new muffler, sell the cat like john suggested & your done! MARK you can use my $ to purchase the new muffler if you havent used it to buy parts with already. tks danny
                          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

depending on what type of sound is livable for the owner....getting rid of the cat and no resonator will make it rumble pretty good inside. I would put a resonator and muffler on it. You can get them (mufflers) cheaper at the mcparts stores. Hows the money or parts situation going...I can send some money or may have extra parts...let me know.
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I dunno, PAP has the exhaust I think on the one Festy they have, but I'm scared what they'll ask for the cat. I got overheated today about 1pm. I've been drinking lots of water and Gatorade, had a headache ever since, rapped a few times, basically felt like crap. Hopefully feel better in the morning.
                              2005 Accord - wife's DD
                              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                                if the car dosent need inspected run a straight pipe back to a new muffler, sell the cat like john suggested & your done! MARK you can use my $ to purchase the new muffler if you havent used it to buy parts with already. tks danny
                                I've already bought the parts, no biggy though because I can use them on Mabel. She's gonna need a full rebuild so between the stuff I picked up for the head and the bottom end stuff I already had stuck back to build a B3 for my 93 (changing to a B6D now), I'll have everything needed for that project.

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                                depending on what type of sound is livable for the owner....getting rid of the cat and no resonator will make it rumble pretty good inside. I would put a resonator and muffler on it. You can get them (mufflers) cheaper at the mcparts stores. Hows the money or parts situation going...I can send some money or may have extra parts...let me know.
                                Advance has a Walker for $28. I've used their stuff before and have had good service from them. It's listed as a universal and an exact fit. So I'm guessing it's an exact fit when you purchase the correct size reducers LOL

We've got $150 to use. Just trying to figure out the best way to get it to Larry since he doesn't use PayPal. I think it would be cheaper for him to buy the parts locally instead of me buying them and then shipping them to him because my discount would be eaten up by the shipping cost.

Depending on what everyone wants to do, I can either refund everyones $$ and we can start over, or I can possibly mail him a cashiers check for the amount. You guys just let me know what you wanna do :thumbup:

WWZD
                                Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                                X