Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bp is on the road and inspected !!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post

without the vics tied open it felt great off the line and in lower rpms but felt flat in higher rpms. with it tied open it was flat in low rpms but felt like it took a deep breath up high. i did the 3rd gear roll with the vics not tied open and we were on the highway so we were i was in the top end most of the time.
    I think that statement ^ pretty much makes it sound as if it's not working as it should. I know the computer WILL set a 03 code if it sees the distributor's "G-signal" wire is not working, and a 41 code if it thinks the VICS is not working! So...have you got a check engine light? Even if you don't, still check what's in the memory.
    Double check your wiring for it. What did you actually do to connect the common wire first, and then do continuity checks of both of the wires you ran back to the ecu for the VICS and the Distributor G signal. And double check where you actually ran them into the plug.
    I know on the last one I did, I very carefully spliced and soldered all my connections, then meticulously double heat shrunk them for superior insulation against corrosion and chafing. Then counted twice on my plug locations, and then very carefully, yet gently but firmly clicked them both INTO THE WRONG HOLES ANYWAY! Ha, Ha
    Last edited by iceracerdude; 03-02-2012, 08:04 AM.
    97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
    CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
    Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
      The BP we put in the 93 with an F trans goes up to 85 MPH like it's being shot off the deck of an aircraft carrier with the use of the catapult!
      I haven't measured it against either of my nissans (a 1st gen SE-R and a 6th gen SPEC-V) yet, but it feels almost as quick as them and brother they're quick.

Do you have the VICS connected up and working correctly, because that has a pretty big influence on torque?

We did make a small adjustment to the intake though, that may have made a bit of a difference:

"Shot off the deck of an air craft carrier" I've been thinking about this term all day and it, makes me chuckle because I love the way you word it. Very good mental picture
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I'm not kidding you, my Buddy whose car it is, was doing the driving and so I was watching the speedo. It was so shocking I was like "wow, the speedo must not be right", you know, because we were thinking because it was with the "F" trans signal not the "E" trans like the speedo thinks it seeing right?
        So we go back, grab my laptop and gps antenna to get a comparison between the ground speed and what the speedo was telling us. Well the gps told us "hey dummies, remember you got the 13" tires on it, not the 12" and so yeah EVERYTHING IS RIGHT!
        0-85 Like as if we were goin on some kinda sortie to rock the casbah is what I'm talkin about!
        Last edited by iceracerdude; 03-02-2012, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Is it faster than your boosted single cam b6 ? Just curious
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

They both "pull" about the same to me really, but that's without a race and it's my seat of the pants feeling on it. I think in a race however, that the BP's ability to rev to over 7,000 (we've had it go to 7,400) is what would do me in for sure. I'd fall back at least one car length from that on each shift, and well you do the math, that would add up in the end. We got access to both ecu's too, the bp09 and 10, the 10 is what's in the cars now. All of my cars lately, the 2 bp swaps, my 1st gen SE-R (revs to 7,500) and my Spec-V (rev's to 7,000) are now making me pretty annoyed with that crummy 6,100 rev limiter on my aspire.
            Last edited by iceracerdude; 03-02-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
              did you meen "hell" instead of help? everybody loves my wheels unless you guys are talking behind my back lol.
              You told me some old guys were going nuts because they were classic rims and you spray painted them..

pretty annoyed with that crummy 6,100 rev limiter on my aspire.
              megasquirt, imo...
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
              1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
              1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
              1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
              1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
              1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                You told me some old guys were going nuts because they were classic rims and you spray painted them..

megasquirt, imo...
                Ohh yea I forgot about those crazy old geeze bags giving me a hard time about "those classic wheels" haha

Comment

Ice I sure wish you lived closer to me

Comment

I think that statement ^ pretty much makes it sound as if it's not working as it should. I know the computer WILL set a 03 code if it sees the distributor's "G-signal" wire is not working, and a 41 code if it thinks the VICS is not working! So...have you got a check engine light? Even if you don't, still check what's in the memory.
                    Double check your wiring for it. What did you actually do to connect the common wire first, and then do continuity checks of both of the wires you ran back to the ecu for the VICS and the Distributor G signal. And double check where you actually ran them into the plug.
                    I know on the last one I did, I very carefully spliced and soldered all my connections, then meticulously double heat shrunk them for superior insulation against corrosion and chafing. Then counted twice on my plug locations, and then very carefully, yet gently but firmly clicked them both INTO THE WRONG HOLES ANYWAY! Ha, Ha

i havnt had a check engine light since i tied open the vics so maybe thats it.

ok me and my friend with the wrx have been (playfully) talking crap back and forth about the bp tiva beating him. now that its done and i lost to my other friends a4 i think i need to figure this out first.

Comment

Nope the light just came on

Comment

Working...
                      X