No announcement yet.

least expensive e box performance clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The E series use a 7 1/8" clutch, swapping to the F series gets you a 7 1/2" clutch or you can swap in a B6D flywheel and bump it up to a 7 7/8" clutch. That should hold more than your B6 can throw at it
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
      i thought the point was to hold power and not have to fab mounts.
      Well my brother if it comes to modding 1 mount vs changing a whole flywheel or spending 180 on a decent clutch and im only paying 200 for a superior trans and it comes with a motor attached to it.... What would you guys do. Input?
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
        An Exedy clutch might work for you. When I put my B8 in the car, the used one I had (about 50,000 miles) held it for about two months before it began to slip.

The Bahnhof slipped from day one, even after babying it for the first 500 miles (like they recommend)

I'm running a Sachs clutch right now. Can't make it slip no matter how hard I try.
        I would like to know more about the Sachs clutch, were do I find it, money, etc.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Notice how this thread has gone from cheap E series clutch to an F series install.

Why stop there? Get a G
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
            I would like to know more about the Sachs clutch, were do I find it, money, etc.
            I got mine from a friend who works at a parts warehouse. They're on eBay for right around $100.00

Keep in mind that I'm running a Kia Rio 5 speed. I don't know if they have E series clutches.

Sachs makes good stuff.

Just looked. They do have E series clutches.

This one is $82.00 shipped.

Last edited by JPT; 07-31-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Notice how this thread has gone from cheap E series clutch to an F series install.

Why stop there? Get a G
              wouldn't mind having a g at all. can the 01 rio g bolt up to a b3?

I got mine from a friend who works at a parts warehouse. They're on eBay for right around $100.00

Keep in mind that I'm running a Kia Rio 5 speed. I don't know if they have E series clutches.

Sachs makes good stuff.

Just looked. They do have E series clutches.

This one is $82.00 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SACHS-K0071-...8a6f28&vxp=mtr
              why the f-bomb did I miss this!? still think im going for the b6 and f box cause its a double win for me. I get a clutch/better trans out of the deal. win - win then I can sell flamer to my friend win - win - win then he can become a member win - win - win - win... pickin up what im puttin down.
              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                wouldn't mind having a g at all. can the 01 rio g bolt up to a b3?
                the Rio transmission should bolt up to any B series engine (probably the Z series too). You would need the flywheel (and matching clutch), the starter and the block plate.

Comment

^ this is def good stuff to know for the future. wish dickmeyer would have had your g box mod when he was running is monster b3 build because the trans and axles just couldn't handle it

Comment

Working...
                  X