Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Motor

new here. experienced forum-er.
    i have a 2013 Camaro SS/RS 1LE camaro. a little higher level car than the festiva. but we also have a 91 festiva, with god knows how many miles. and was thinking about placing in a new motor and making a toy out of it. as i cannot drive my camaro in freezing temperatures due to tires. which cost more than some people pay for their cars ($370 each).

was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere around Texas, North Texas. to get an engine. or a good hookup on even a used/refurb one. prices. comments. go

How can you call the Camaro a higher level car when you have to park it for the winter? The money you save on tires and gas will certainly buy you any engine you want for your toy. You must be an experienced search engine-er too.

Look in
    Forum: Custom Engine & Drivetrain

Search turbo

Good luck.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-11-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

if i cant drive a lambo on a country road does that make a f-150 a higher level car?

and i have done some searching and found used certified engines w/ 5year warranty for $680.

no reason to be a doosh, just looking for some friendly advice

Comment

So, you want offset a new car payment by buying an engine for a 22 year old car? Actually, that sounds about right. Good luck.

Comment

i was going to make a cheap toy/sleeper out of it later. Turbo probobly.

Comment

whats a doosh???? its spelled douche! And if you want to do a motor swap, biggest bang for buck is a 1.8 BP

Comment

and i can either spend $1k on a second set of tires for the camaro. $1k on some clunker thats going to blow up and have no idea how to fix it. or spend 500 or so on this car we already have with a new engine or rebuild. i realize this is the internet and logic is not a custom but hopefully some of you "troll's" can perform simple math.

Comment

Subscribed, and maybe wasn't necessary....

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

wasnt sure of the fliters on the site. and im not exactly looking for bang atm just convenience. and exact fit every part

Comment

wow first post and making fun of the festiva peeps.bet that sores points here real well. and by the way some of us have gotten our festivas for less than new tires for them cost so flaunt the crappy terd Camaro. how about the zl1 Camaro over priced and will be out run by a 6000 dollar home built festiva.

Comment

Originally posted by 1chrisapple View Post
                      wow first post and making fun of the festiva peeps.bet that sores points here real well. and by the way some of us have gotten our festivas for less than new tires for them cost so flaunt the crappy terd Camaro. how about the zl1 Camaro over priced and will be out run by a 6000 dollar home built festiva.
                      i wasnt pointing out my tires cost more than a festiva, i meant a hunk of used cars in general. inadequacy issue much?

and weve had our festiva for some time. im not saying "oh hey i want to buy a cheapass little car thats worth nothing to drive while my prize is in the stable" simply asking for some knowledge on replacing/having engine rebuilt, hop of your high horse kid.

nice to see people on here are just as big of tools as any other site. god forbid a forum be used to ask and answer questions from people that are more knowledgable on a certain subject than I/they are.
                      Last edited by 2013Camaro1LE; 09-11-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

rebuild the b3 that's in it way cheaper than 600 bucks .
                        or sohc b6 about 20 more hp and bolts right in.
                        all easy swaps have be gone threw on this site many times with great detail.
                        do a quick search and you will find lots of info.
                        for the price of a set of tires you could have the festiva eating "high level cars" like yours.
                        Last edited by william; 09-11-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
                          rebuild the b3 that's in it way cheaper than 600 bucks .
                          or sohc b6 about 20 more hp and bolts right in.
                          all easy swaps have be gone threw on this site many times with great detail.
                          do a quick search and you will find lots of info.
                          for the price of a set of tires you could have the festiva eating "high level cars" like yours.

wait.....wait...... someone posted useful info............noooooo.....
                          thank you sir

Comment

forgot to include, needs a new cylinder head i believe

Comment

If you want to keep fuel economy, rebuild the stock B3 engine, or find an older B6 engine out of late 80s Mercury Tracer, Mecury Capri, or any Mazda 323. The B6 will give you 20 more HP over the stock B3 easily, and will bolt in like it was meant for the car.
                              B3, and B6 are almost identical, only difference is the displacement, and that extra .3 liters gives you 20HP. Hell the block if I am not mistaken is exactly the same.
                              Then if you are feeling adventurous, you get get a Turbo bolted to the B6, and the car will start to be able to give your Camaro a run for it's money.

You can go also go for a B8, or a BP (1.8L engines) These require some fab work to be installed, but it will still net you better gas mileage than that Camaro, but much more power than the B6 without having to install a turbo.

Really you can put $2k-$3k into a Festiva, and it will eat Stangs, Camaros, and Vettes all day long.
                              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-11-2013, 09:29 PM.
                              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                              X