Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purg3d View Post
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4054609235.html

Both cars have the replacement engine you're looking for. Obviously any used engine will be a liability, and no guarantee made is going to be as reliable as your 2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS/LE Track and Field edition . There's also an 80k mile aspire for sale in your area. In addition to the engine, you'd have a replacement transmission and a brake system that's a substantial upgrade to the stock festiva brakes, which will allow you 14" wheels, 4x100mm lug pattern.
    So the b8 will bolt straight into everything? No changes at all needed?
    Thanks for the info. Not looking to buy new rims. Mainly just need it running. Then maybe if I get bored next summer ill put on a turbo or something. Not looking to drop a lot of $. Doing some mods on the other car beginning of next year so gotta save for that as well

Comment

Originally posted by 2013Camaro1LE View Post
      So the b8 will bolt straight into everything? No changes at all needed?
      Thanks for the info. Not looking to buy new rims. Mainly just need it running. Then maybe if I get bored next summer ill put on a turbo or something. Not looking to drop a lot of $. Doing some mods on the other car beginning of next year so gotta save for that as well
      Look at the stickies in the engine area it has everything you need!

B8- http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-ME-Swap-Guide
      BP- http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-BP-swap-guide

The B6 swap is the easiest, it is almost a complete plug and play.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Is there a good place to just order an engine? Used/rebuilt. Price differences from b3 to b8?

Comment

Is there a good place to just order an engine? Used/rebuilt. Price differences from b3 to b8?
          B3- 0$-$100 used and it goes up from there. The B6 is fairly common, b6t and BP are less common. A guess would be around $400 on craigslist? Most people pull their own engines from the junk yard or a donor car from Craigslist. I don't know of a place you can just order them, I'm sure they exist. Ebay sometimes has a few options.

Also, with the bigger engines you will probably want to upgrade your transmission, and brakes like I mentioned before.
          Last edited by Charlie1717; 09-12-2013, 10:41 AM.

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

No he read the brochure.....not R&T! Lol. Sorry ill stop now. Really though, if you are looking for a running engine CL is your best bet.

Comment

We don't get a lot of aftermarket support. We make a lot of our own stuff. Much is adapted from other cars, especially Mazdas. These things accept mods like nobodies business. More fun than opening a snap on tool box, and pulling out a check book...

The first gen B6 is the easiest, pretty much plug and play swap. You can find the cars that it comes in with a wikipedia search. Then start the great hunt, a car guy should know where to look for parts, right?

I have the second gen B6 swap done, and it was EZPZ with the mods. B8/BP takes some massaging of the firewall and motor mount fabbing. All the swaps need appropriate VAF, ECU, and sometimes injectors.

Read the stickies in the custom engine section, this has been covered A LOT!
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

So b8 does or doesn't require modifications to fit I'm hearing different things.

Comment

B8, if bolted to a stock trany, only requires you to redrill the mount hole on the top mount about an inch away from the original hole. It does require the VAF and ECU from the donor car to work. Me and another member are currently in the process of doing this swap here in NC.
                  88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
                  92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
                  91 - Shell with title
                  92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

Comment

B8 needs a single motor mount fabbed up, and (just looking) appears to not need any mods to the firewall. That is all I know, as mine is sitting in pieces 100 miles away, 90% ready to be installed.
                    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                    1988 LX 5-speed
                    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

So b8 does or doesn't require modifications to fit I'm hearing different things.
                      Welcome to the site.

I did the B8 swap in two days. I had all my parts ready to go first, so it was pretty easy. Along with the firewall mods (easily done with a sledge hammer), I also had to clearance the passenger side frame rail a bit to make room for the alternator pulley.

I see that your Festy is a '91. This means that you have a crank pulley for a "small nose" crank. Mazda B engine cranks came in two styles. Small and large nose versions. The small nose engines were used up 'til early 1992. After that, Mazda made the crank snouts larger. If you get an engine built in late '92 or newer, you will need to find a '93 Festy crank pulley. Your pulley will bolt on to any engine older than that.

Although it's not Ideal, your B3 downpipe can be made to work on a B8 until you get a new exhaust.

A B8 in a Festy makes for a pretty quick car that (driven easily) still gets outstanding MPG. If you're going to use the stock transmission, get a NEW clutch. Preferrably an Exedy or better. There are cheap "race" clutches built by a company called "Bahnhof" Don't even consider it. I (and a couple of other members) had one and it was total C-R-A-P! Don't skimp on the clutch.
                      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

What's wrong with the car as it sits?

Little toy? Pick two.

Cheap
                        Reliable
                        Fun

When you reply, we can give some better directed suggestions. Very warm (flaming hot, apparently...) welcome to the site!
                        -Zack
                        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
                          What's wrong with the car as it sits?

Little toy? Pick two.

Cheap
                          Reliable
                          Fun

When you reply, we can give some better directed suggestions. Very warm (flaming hot, apparently...) welcome to the site!
                          engine knocks(which isnt much of a problem there all going to, little lucas blend in the oil would quiet that down) bad cylinder head. bad head gasket. needs rebuild.

and on a minor note, bad wheel bearing or something in the rear hasnt been investigated since it was parked right around when this turned up.

but as it sits it will move under its own power. but i wouldnt trust it.
                          Last edited by 2013Camaro1LE; 09-12-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by purg3d View Post
                            http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4054609235.html

Both cars have the replacement engine you're looking for. Obviously any used engine will be a liability, and no guarantee made is going to be as reliable as your 2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS/LE Track and Field edition . There's also an 80k mile aspire for sale in your area. In addition to the engine, you'd have a replacement transmission and a brake system that's a substantial upgrade to the stock festiva brakes, which will allow you 14" wheels, 4x100mm lug pattern.
                            thanks, looking into the '94 aspire.

Comment

thanks, looking into the '94 aspire.
                              Well that's no fun! It's the same engine!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

ya but its only 140k miles and posted at $400 so can get for cheaper.

which one has the 1.8?

Comment

Working...
                                X