Need Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    If you want to keep fuel economy, rebuild the stock B3 engine, or find an older B6 engine out of late 80s Mercury Tracer, Mecury Capri, or any Mazda 323. The B6 will give you 20 more HP over the stock B3 easily, and will bolt in like it was meant for the car.
    B3, and B6 are almost identical, only difference is the displacement, and that extra .3 liters gives you 20HP. Hell the block if I am not mistaken is exactly the same.
    Then if you are feeling adventurous, you get get a Turbo bolted to the B6, and the car will start to be able to give your Camaro a run for it's money.

You can go also go for a B8, or a BP (1.8L engines) These require some fab work to be installed, but it will still net you better gas mileage than that Camaro, but much more power than the B6 without having to install a turbo.

Really you can put $2k-$3k into a Festiva, and it will eat Stangs, Camaros, and Vettes all day long.
    Yes.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Really i hope it catches on fire.and burns to the ground i think u r the problem.every forum u get on u show what a loser u r.
      You say u bought a camaro for reliability but how reliable is.it.in the.garage lol whatever man u flamed 4-5 of us good people on here that would have gave.u some awesome info.which you could of found.with search but evidentaly cant seem to shut up long enough to find on the page.but anyway have fun with the.awesome douchey camaro me two car lol pun intended.

Had to stick up for everyone on here yall are good people this dude is a nut.

Comment

Originally posted by 2013Camaro1LE View Post
        forgot to include, needs a new cylinder head i believe
        Not real positive but if u.were.getting.a.new engine woulsnt that be covered lol

Comment

Come on a Ford Festiva forum, about a car that is really a Mazda, pick a Chevy name, use a pic of a Camaro, and not your Festiva as an avatar, insult the Festiva, call a long time member who gives you a little ribbing, then the info you asked for a "doosh," and THEN you are surprised at being trolled?

Look at it dude, you look like the one trolling here! Back up a hair, chill out, do some searching. These are cool cars and a cool community. Just a little fabwork, not a lot, and you eat Vettes with them.

Like this one:

Or, of course, keep trolling. Whatevs.
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Camaro - just so you know, we do not allow swearing in sections other then the arena (admins can grant access if you wish) but there are no filters to automatically block swearing

Secondly, I can see you're not making a good first impression on here, I can probably tell you anything you'd ever wanna know about a Festiva and more, but I'm guessing you'd be the kinda of guy to not appreciate the info given (judging by your awesome introduction) so I'll save my responses for a time when you might appreciate it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Its ok really. If you are in texas. And knowing the street scene there. Your "prize" of a camaro is one of the slowest cars on the road. So ya, you better plan on more than tires.

Comment

Haha :happy1:

There are few things that set people off on this site.
                1) People who don't use the search function (not saying this is you)
                2) People who don't understand why Festivas are great
                3) Bad Grammar/lack of punctuation.

That's about it for the most part (I'm sure there are much more!). Your second sentence rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, kind of an unnecessary comment on a Ford Festiva site.

If you stick around you will see we aren't your typical forum. Far from douches here.
                ______

Check out the engine section there are some very informative stickies there.
                You would probably be happy with the simple B6 swap that will give you another 20-30 hp and you can put a turbo on it later.
                If you are wanting to do it right you will want to upgrade your suspension/brakes to the "higher level" Ford Aspire this will improve your stopping power with the higher hp. Then you will need new rims/tires since the aspire bolt pattern is 4x100 vs 4x114.. After that you should be good to go for 300 or 400,000 miles.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Reading through the thread I can safely say there's people on both sides being douchetrolls.

I don't see what the problem is claiming a brand new car being better than a 20-25 year old econobox. In many ways it is, in a few ways it isn't. The price is irrelevant so long as you can AFFORD it.

And I personally would rather drive 2000 miles in a new car than 2000 miles in a 12 second festiva. My bpt car is exhausting to drive 50 miles.

And its not gonna "smoke" a new camaro/stang/vette etc.... it might hang.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Might I also suggest Dale Carnegie's book "How to Win Friends and Influence People" http://www.dalecarnegie.com/dale_car...FS4aOgodhl0AGg

Unless I intend to make someone mad, I always use Dale's time tested methods of getting the most out of people by using the right verbiage.
                    88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
                    92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
                    91 - Shell with title
                    92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

Comment

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
                      Its ok really. If you are in texas. And knowing the street scene there. Your "prize" of a camaro is one of the slowest cars on the road. So ya, you better plan on more than tires.
                      Mine is a track edition and meant for track days seeings how I can pull more lateral G's than and Audi r8 and beat every ford counterpart on the track 5s faster than a gt500 mustang which is 20k more and meant for the track.

With a 4.1s 0-60, mid 12s 1320 time. And the handling is rated as best muscle car handling ever put of a stock domestic. Compared between a regular 3 series and an m3. Bone stock
                      Last edited by 2013Camaro1LE; 09-12-2013, 08:28 AM.

Comment

My intention was not at all to fluster. But appearantly the guys on here who are dishing it out can't take it in return. Nice to see a few helpful people have popped out thank you. I have this car for the real reason it was made and how it is used by the masses. As a secondary car with good mileage. Not as to say its not worth being a primary. It's just not my choice of such. To each is own.

Comment

Originally posted by 2013Camaro1LE View Post
                          Mine is a track edition and meant for track days seeings how I can pull more lateral G's than and Audi r8 and beat every ford counterpart on the track 5s faster than a gt500 mustang which is 20k more and meant for the track.

With a 4.1s 0-60, mid 12s 1320 time. And the handling is rated as best muscle car handling ever put of a stock domestic. Compared between a regular 3 series and an m3. Bone stock
                          You read that road and track too huh!?
                          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I hate that you are all the way out in Texas. Festiva Madness 7 is coming up October 5th here in NC. You could see what some of the guys here do with their Festivas in person. We've got guys getting insane MPGs, guys running 12's in the 1/4 mile, guys putting SHO engines in the back, to track cars that run consistent lap times with z06s. Me personally, I'm trying to figure out how to put turbo lasers on mine!

Take some time in the garage section of the forum and looking in the N/A and turbo swap sections of the forum. The guys and gals here have done some really sweet stuff and most are really good people who have been known to drive many miles to help a fellow festiva member with a project. There are some d-bags here, but they either don't show up much or stay to themselves.
                            88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
                            92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
                            91 - Shell with title
                            92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

Comment

Both cars have the replacement engine you're looking for. Obviously any used engine will be a liability, and no guarantee made is going to be as reliable as your 2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS/LE Track and Field edition . There's also an 80k mile aspire for sale in your area. In addition to the engine, you'd have a replacement transmission and a brake system that's a substantial upgrade to the stock festiva brakes, which will allow you 14" wheels, 4x100mm lug pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                                You read that road and track too huh!?
                                No. But I figured since u knew so much about my life you'd know about the group of guys that we all regularly meet up at Texas motor speedway and other strips from the local tuning shops with everything from si's to r33s to a 1600hp TT viper acr-x

So iv personally driven and against other cars of the same sort. Not just a number teader
                                Last edited by 2013Camaro1LE; 09-12-2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X