VI: /
      Torque converter factor: 2.2
      Final drive ratio std: 3.45
      optional:
      Front brakes:
      Rear brakes:
      Standard tires: 145 SR 13

Comment

So if you look at the final drive ratio that is your differential ratio... festiva is 3.23 and the aspire has 3.45. So if you are running larger wheel/tire combo then the aspire will be better for you.

Comment

I don't know what the torque converter factor is or means but that's good info, thanks for sharing!

There was another member that posted a ton of info on aspire auto trannies a couple months back but I can't find the thread now :/

I can tell you first hand, the aspire auto, when floored, will pick up speed at first, but about the time you think your going to hit the power band range in rpms it goes dead and the velocity will not increase, you steadily pick up speed(at the same rate) until you let off the gas, no matter what. I've dogged the snot out of two autos trying to make it go faster than a 21 sec 1/4 on my phone app and they just will not. A Festiva TC will probably fix that.

Also I don't think the tracer auto is the same, the 89 auto tracer I got my b6 from had cruise control and was fully loaded. The transmission looked substantially bigger than my auto trannies, and I'm pretty sure it was electronically controlled because the 3 socket ecu vs 2 socket ecus in my aspires/festiva. If anybody has proof they're the same transmissions i'd love to see it because I'll go pull that transmission for later use before the car gets crushed.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

yeah the tracer trans is a G series auto. but the trans was NOT electronicaly controlled (same for the 323) untill 1990. though there was the 4spd auto available in the sedan and hatch 323, the early models (88-89) were fully manual with an OD lockout switch (single solenoid and simple harness).
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by drumnerd33 View Post
              So if you look at the final drive ratio that is your differential ratio... festiva is 3.23 and the aspire has 3.45. So if you are running larger wheel/tire combo then the aspire will be better for you.
              Wow thanks a lot for all of the info guys!!! well i'm looking to use the lowest final drive for the top speed aspect(faster than 95 lol) and the fact that its turboed the shorter gear will give the engine more load. the car made 125whp last run on the dyno, and i'm looking to put down around 200 with new turbo, intercooled and rocket chip and im confident in the fact that it would have made more if it was in 3rd gear because second is useless it slips so bad!

Also i did the top speed calculator and with 195/50/15 at 7000 rpm with a 1:1 3rd gear and 3.27 final drive the top speed came to like 141 which is perfectly acceptable with me, just faster than 100 haha! i swear im at 4k at 60 mph with the current 13s!
              -1991 L 238k AC/Cruise Josh's future DD from neanderpaul, the clean slate!

-1991 GL 171k AC/Rust free Jake's future DD (thanks kevin!)

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

-1989 LX crazy project car you'll all see one day! (hopefully fm8 )

Have one hydro g and xr2 mid shaft for sale super cheap! PM me!

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

You should top out way over 95 with a 6800 rpm limit.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

1989 mercury tracer auto:
                  Gearbox: Jatco-Mazda G4A-HL
                  Transmission type: automatic
                  Number of gears: 4
                  Gear ratios (overall):
                  I 2.8 (10.17)
                  II 1.54 (5.59)
                  III 1 (3.63)
                  IV 0.7 (2.54)
                  V ()
                  VI ()
                  VII ()
                  VIII ()
                  R 2.333
                  Speed range
                  (max speed on gears,
                  top gear value theor.): (km/h/mph)
                  I: 64 / 40
                  II: 116 / 72
                  III: 179 / 111
                  IV: 256 / 159
                  V: /
                  1000rpm speed: (km/h/mph)
                  I: 10.7 / 6.7
                  II: 19.4 / 12.1
                  III: 29.9 / 18.6
                  IV: 42.7 / 26.5
                  V: /
                  Torque converter factor:
                  Final drive ratio std: 3.631
                  optional:
                  Front brakes: disc
                  Rear brakes: drum
                  Standard tires:
                  P 175/70 R 13

Comment

well i'm looking to use the lowest final drive for the top speed aspect
                    Sorry i must have misunderstood you, i see you want a lower gear ratio... so the festiva is prob the best you will ever do, festiva had that low ratio because of the tiny tires it ran, another option if traction is an issue would be larger wider tires (if they fit)

Comment

I personally have no use for going over 120 or so, so I have a 97 aspire auto and 22 inch slicks. I'd rather have a 94 trans though....they had a numerically higher diff ratio.
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I just looked through all the specs from 1994 aspire auto to the 1997 aspire auto and the gear ratios are the same... also looked at the 4 door vs the 2 door and it also shows the same gear ratio. What gears does your 97 auto have?

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                          I personally have no use for going over 120 or so, so I have a 97 aspire auto and 22 inch slicks. I'd rather have a 94 trans though....they had a numerically higher diff ratio.
                          understandable, i just feel like around me no one just races to 100 mph it on average goes 130+ :O

I'll let ya guys know the difference in just swapping to the 15's here.

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

Your buddys honda probably starts at a 120 roll doesn't it, otherwise no traction lol..
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                              Your buddys honda probably starts at a 120 roll doesn't it, otherwise no traction lol..
                              lmao! that car is fast for sure!! i know he broke em loose at like 85 the other day, car is just wicked for a fwd!

Comment

Originally posted by 1chrisapple View Post
                                Yes i have a aspire auto trans.has been rebuilt i will sell cheap just pm me
                                If he don't take it how much shipped to 28083?
                                Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                                Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                                Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                                WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X