4GREEN GRAB BAG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet.. Thanks heaps.

Did you happen to notice if they were supplying the brackets too or was it just the headlamps and motors?

Sent from the depths of hell.
    Last edited by jawbraeka; 03-04-2014, 05:43 PM.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• Also looking for the part number for a gear shifter linkage boot (the rubber that holds the grease for the shifter.. Mine kinda split and i want to replace it when I Do my civic short shifter upgrade.

Thanks anyone.. If its on eBay the better.

Avg Economy:
      Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• which boot? the big O-ring that snaps onto the shift plate tower inside the car or the cup type boot that keeps road crap from getting up into the ball grease races? here's the cup type. ford or kia never had this as a separate part but this is from a mazda 323 and fits perfectly into the festiva plate well. B001-46-090. the O-ring type for the 121/festiva is also available from mazda. G030-46-151. that one is also kia part# KKY01 46 151. 4G has a pic of it if you punch in the #

Comment

• http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=5685812
          This is the FourGreen part. I have these on my 5 Speed Festivas.
          Last edited by 1990new; 03-25-2014, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
            which boot? the big O-ring that snaps onto the shift plate tower inside the car or the cup type boot that keeps road crap from getting up into the ball grease races? here's the cup type. ford or kia never had this as a separate part but this is from a mazda 323 and fits perfectly into the festiva plate well. B001-46-090. the O-ring type for the 121/festiva is also available from mazda. G030-46-151. that one is also kia part# KKY01 46 151. 4G has a pic of it if you punch in the #

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
            http://www.fourgreen.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=5685812
            This is the FourGreen part. I have these on my 5 Speed Festivas.
            Halleluyah.. That's the ticket right there man that's good to see that.

My internal car shift boot is all good to.

Just a quick hijack, what grease would be ideal for greasing the shifter also? These tidbits I'm spreading over to the civic shifter swap.

Last edited by jawbraeka; 03-25-2014, 07:34 PM.

Avg Economy:
            Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• that's a good find 1990. i don't know why that doesn't show up on the pride parts. cheaper too. the mazda is $5 but then too you can get it from a mazda dealer without korean shipping charges. jaw- i'm not positive but i thought the grease goes in the white plastic ball races. i thought the boot was more like a dust seal. i just use a white lithium on the races.

Comment

• All shifter parts are available through KIA also. I purchased everything except the shifter itself. The only thing that didnt match up was the square flat seal that gets sandwiched in between the body and shifter plate.But bushings, bolts etc are all available for the 01-02 RIO's. LOL I called KIA yesterday to get a price for a 01 RIO 5 spd MTX. $3,005 with my 15% discount :highly_amused:
                Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

that's a good find 1990. i don't know why that doesn't show up on the pride parts. cheaper too. the mazda is $5 but then too you can get it from a mazda dealer without korean shipping charges. jaw- i'm not positive but i thought the grease goes in the white plastic ball races. i thought the boot was more like a dust seal. i just use a white lithium on the races.
                  Actually it was braves find. I ordered them last year in the group order he put together when he ordered the huge quantity of shifter parts.

If you had ordered 10 of these in this past group order your total for parts, Korea shipping and US shipping would have totaled no more than $20. Less than $2.00 each is a pretty good deal.
                  Anyone needing them would be wise to get in on the next group order.

Comment

• I used a clear, light brownish aluminum complex grease called Zeniplex2 on my shifter.
                    Another good choice is some nano grease. Is is also clear and colorless.
                    Perhaps on the whitish side since it is loaded with Cabosil (fumed silica).
                    Cabosil bags are huge and weigh next to nothing. They originally used Cabosil to thicken silicone sealants.
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 03-26-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

here's a cool mod. good for your co-pilot during those 1G cranks or just helping get granny outta the back seat. these grab handles are just $3.14 Part# K8173 69 470B89. the screws are K908 38 6620B @ .48. not sure but i think the holes are already in the roof rails for these and if they are, i'm not sure how much or if they will compress the vinyl of the one piece headliner. one for the front passenger and one left and right in the back seat. these KIA handles are more deluxe than the JDM handles too. (shown for comparison).

[URL=http://s128.photobucket.com/user/F3BZ/media/aissia/IMG_0001-2.jpg.html][IMG]
                      Hmmmmm.....OK, I bought the grab handle above, part # K8173 69 470B89, just like 'F3BZ' posted, but my grab handle is different. Instead of having one long snap-in 'cap'/trim piece that goes from end to end and covers the screws, the part I got has a molded-in center piece but NO 'cap' to cover the 2 screws.

Does anyone know the part number of the missing 'cap'/trim piece?
                      Last edited by Twistiva; 03-26-2014, 09:06 PM.
                      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• [QUOTE=PhoenixSHO;635137]

Just bought one of these radio/heater bezels from FourGreen and noticed that they actually paint this black plastic bezel flat black.

Weird.

I looked at my stock bezel on my 88L and it does not look painted at all.....just raw/plain plastic. (And in 25 yrs of sun exposure, if it was painted I'm pretty sure it would have faded or blistered the paint or something by now. The paint ran in several spots on the new Kia bezel from FourGreen. Crap. Now I'll have to sand it down with like 600-grit sandpaper and paint it again myself.

Nothing like having to fix a brand new part..... :thumbs_down:

Comment

the engine cradle bushings get all squished and split after 20 years. here's new replacements for the front and rear. either bushing was $1.43 and the special bolts just .81 cents.

So how many rubber bushings and bolts are needed to do a complete swap/change of said parts?

Guess after 25 years and practically zero engine work I oughta buy these while I can.

Comment

• Twist, I have a point of information for everyone. Service parts, are usually stuff that might get rejected on an assembly line. Drips, kinks dents, off shade, etc.

Comment

• I need those cradle goodies! Anyone have some hoarded already I can buy from without the wait, or can later model kias stuff be used?
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                                Twist, I have a point of information for everyone. Service parts, are usually stuff that might get rejected on an assembly line. Drips, kinks dents, off shade, etc.
                                Brave -

I'm guessing you referring to my complaint about the bezel I just bought?

Comment

Working...
                                X